Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy League Review: Thoughts on this season/changes for next

Default Re: Fantasy League Review: Thoughts on this season/changes for next

Brothers,
    As I posted earlier, I have had a blast playing in the fantasy league and can't wait to play next year. To add my two cents regarding possible changes:
    1. Loved the supplemental draft. Helped to fill significant holes that I didn't know were gonna be there (ie Ciasulli losing out in the wrestle-offs or Halsey not being eligible all season) as well as kept us on the look out during the 1st half of the season for "dark horses" and freshmen who were coming on. I hope we keep it next year.

2. Totally agree with Brother Gopher regarding the length of the draft. Find a time that most folks can make (4 hrs max) and stick with that. If it's a week-end, we should be able to git er done.

3. Totally DISAGREE with Bro. Gopher on the back-up question. I think it really is too much to expect that anyone who is not an insider (and even then, we are usually talking about being an insider for a max of one team) to be able to know in advance who the back-up is going to be by name. It seems reasonable to me to say that if we have the varsity guy, we should also by default have anyone else whom the coach sticks in the spot. The exception could be the whole losing a wrestle-off deal that I mentioned above. I felt like that was just my bad luck and the chance you take as a drafter. But with temporary changes and short term injuries, we should get a break, IMO.

4. Miscellaneous stuff: I loved trading, although for me it slacked off after the Vegas or so. I hope there are no restrictions placed on trades; Keeper league idea is cool. I would be willing to sacrafice somewhat to keep my man Varner (although he probably was not my top scorer); I like the Friday deadlines; I agree with whomever suggested that we keep the season going for everyone through conferences; I wish everyone would pay $ up front, but if a guy hasn't paid he should have ZERO say in how thing go during the season. I have much love for Brother Lost, but i think he had way too much nerve and created way too much self-serving hassle for someone who had not contributed financially to the cause.

5. Hope everyone plays again next season. Again, it was a great time and got us through the winter. Thanks again Brother Commish and all who were involved in making this thing work !

Things for next year

-Keeper league
    -Adding more tournaments
    -Starting before the season starts
    -Money required
    -Have the payout system so the top 4 +WC or however we do it get their money back at least, and then both finalists get a portion of the remaining money like 75% to 25% or something like that.

-Have a wildcard system of some kind for confrences

-Clarify injury rules and make sure they are applied consistently

-Just an idea, maybe expand the #1 bonus to other wrestlers? like if an unranked guy upsets a ranked guys its worth some points? if a #15 guy beats a #2 guy its worth some points. Just an idea but it seems like you should get rewarded for that

-Bonuses for OW at confrence tourney?

-Ncaa bonuses are way too small, you should just score ncaas like they do at the actual tournament with points for advancement ect ect.

Thats all for now more when I think of it

Oh yes also whoever talked about a trade deadline, thats a good idea also. The supplimental was great I thought too we should keep that for sure.

I think you should have to start every weight in confrences instead of your best 11, it is supposed to be a TEAM after all. You have to start 10 weights during the regular season why chang it afterwards? Same goes for ncaas. If you dont qualify at a weight thats your fault for not getting a strong enough guy in that spot and you should be penalized for it.

also on injury rules I dont have a super firm position quite yet but Im leaning towards you shouldnt have to know the guys name right now, that seems pretty unrealistic and I know it caused me problems. I did more research then most and sometimes I still didnt know who to start.

Those that make the playoffs have to start the standard ten weights and flex guy that we've gone with all year.

I let those that didn't make the playoffs do whatever they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Those that make the playoffs have to start the standard ten weights and flex guy that we've gone with all year.

I let those that didn't make the playoffs do whatever they wanted.
    oh ok.

You should have let me know, then no one would have been able to refute me as the true fantasy champion when I win ncaas as well as confrences =(

(Actually I would have scored more points if I'd done it how I was supposed to!)

I love the fact that it is LoSt, the guy with no moolah who wants to play for coin......

I'm still against it 'cause I'm paranoid and don't know who's listening in here(from the IRS or WDR)

Just keep it the same, and don't let our mothers help us is what I say.
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.

See if we can't start working on tournament ideas for next year. We're going to keep all the ones we used this year, so the ones listed below will still be on the list.

Kauffman Brand
    Vegas
    Reno
    Midlands
    Scuffle

Here are some possibilities just looking at Intermat's tournament results list. Any feedback on ones you'd like to see of the ones on this list, or ones off this list, or ones on or off the list that you don't not like to see will be appreciated.

NC State Open
    SUNYBrockport/Oklahoma Gold Classic
    Michigan State Open
    Navy Classic
    East Stroudsburg Open
    Body Bar Classic
    Missouri Open
    Keystone Classic
    Fullerton Open
    Best of the West
    Penn State Open
    Virginia Intercollegiate Championships
    California Open
    All Academy Championships
    PSAC's

I didn't look at any of these really, really closely, but these seem like they'll be our best bets. Looking to take probably five or so to add onto the schedule. Speaking to the bonus point idea for in season tournaments, these tournaments wouldn't be subject to that. Only the Big 5 would be.
    Last edited by JensenS; 04-09-2008 at 03:33 PM.

i had a post where I listed a bunch earlier you should check that out, I dont really want to re-do all my research
    Gold is an idiot.

You listed...

- NC State Open
    - Brockport
    - Navy Classic
    - Brute/Binghamton (Not sure if this is the same as the Body Bar)
    - PSAC's

If the Brute/Binghamton thing you listed is the same as the Body Bar then I had all of them except for PSAC's.