Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Mistakes/Letdowns

Default Biggest Mistakes/Letdowns

Who are some guys you've drafted who've been disapointing unimpressive or not worth as high of a pick as you gave them? Troy Nickerson would be the obvious #1, heres my list.

133: Robbie Preston
    I dunno what I was thinking I knew he wasnt supposed to be back until second semester but he was the only ranked 133 pounder left and I was under the impression that 2nd semester started in JANUARY, when most of harvards duals are. Here we are in mid february and Preston has yet to grace us with his prescence... worst pick ever.

141: Brandon Rader the guy was my #3 pick he's probably the least talked about 2 time AA out there and picks up monster bonus points, the only problem is that he got injured early in the year and left me not knowing when he'd be back. When he finally DID come back he got one pin and then blew out his ACL vs mendes ending his season. Luckily gofer traded for him or else I'd be in major trouble. THis guy might be worth it as a late pick gamble but considering his history with injuries I'd advise against it...

149: David Jaregui
    Part of my dissapointing WVU trio he's mostly unimpressive because he's gotten very little if any starting time with caldwell in the lineup.

157: Zac Fryling
    Unimpressive early season results including defaulting out of the CKLV caused me to drop this guy for moley. Then he goes and beats moley in OT, go figure...

165: Andy rendos
    I didnt really know anything about the guy I just saw that he had a lot of bonus point wins last year and thought he'd be a good flex pickup. Stupid choice on my part as I started him for ONE match and he scored 3 points, tannenbaum is the #2 guy in the country of course he's going to start every week and I have better flex options

HVY: Cody Gardner
    Well the kid wrestled 2 matches and went 1-1 with a decision then quit the sport, if thats not a bust I dont know what is...

Default Re: Biggest Mistakes/Letdowns

Yes, Nickerson was my #1, and a failure, killing all my chances at 125. I also drafted Clark who didn't start the first semester, then dropped him for Kist who then didn't wrestle the second semester. Then I traded for Pescaglia, who is out apparently for the season. So in a nutshell, I would be doing much better if we only had 9 weights.

Oh yeah, then at 141, Tirapelle is out for the season and Frey is...no one knows. So that's two weights where I had multiple guys, and none of the guys I drafted is still wrestling.
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

174 David Craig was a mistake. He was weighing in at 174 and wrestling 184. Then he got inelligible. Bam. Big mistake.
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

My 125 triumvirate of Ashmore, Pescaglia, and Novachkov certainly won't be reminding anyone of Caesar, Pompey, and Crassus.

174 has disappointed me too, I was looking at Dergo (who hasn't exactly set the world on fire), but some how talked myself into Erwin (who Dergo recently beat) who lost his wrestle off, and had most of his wins at tournaments that weren't scoring, and then Trevor Perry as a stop gap, who has been beaten out of the line up I think.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    My 125 triumvirate of Ashmore, Pescaglia, and Novachkov certainly won't be reminding anyone of Caesar, Pompey, and Crassus.
    More like Larry, Curly, and Moe.
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

erwins beaten anceravage this year is he seriously not starting anymore? He is talented

I guess drafting Beatty at 174 and Tsritsis in like the 4th or 5th round.

Other than that why do I have 3 184 pounders? That was a mistake.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

Wiltz has benefitted so much from iowa emergence this year haha... imagine if they were wrestling like they did last year wiltz would be in like 10th.

It was all by design. I coached them up.LOL
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton