Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changes for Next Year

Default Re: Changes for Next Year

I see Jensens is cracking his boss whip again so I'll refain from commenting further.

Dude I'm really not, and I'm sorry if you feel that I am.

Just sometimes your manner of dealing with things like this irritates me.

I have no problem whatsoever with people making suggestions, or critiquing my own. But you don't do that sometimes, sometimes you just say, "I don't like that."

Well, why don't you like that? Give me your rationale, and it might get me to look at things another way.

My rationale is that this is an easy call. It gives you more competition dates, to score more points. If/when I institute the new dates next year, everyone will know. I'll let you guys know what events are scoring events well before the draft.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Dude I'm really not, and I'm sorry if you feel that I am.

Just sometimes your manner of dealing with things like this irritates me.

I have no problem whatsoever with people making suggestions, or critiquing my own. But you don't do that sometimes, sometimes you just say, "I don't like that."

Well, why don't you like that? Give me your rationale, and it might get me to look at things another way.

My rationale is that this is an easy call. It gives you more competition dates, to score more points. If/when I institute the new dates next year, everyone will know. I'll let you guys know what events are scoring events well before the draft.
    I guess all my previous fantasy leagues have all been run democratically with all of us making the decisions together. Having one guy with all the power isnt something Im used to nor is it easy for me to stomache.

Im sorry if I come off as abrasive sometimes but if you want me to explain my reasons better then why dont you just say that instead of dismissing my opinions by saying things like "this isnt open for discussion" and "No we might as well not".

As for the open events, I dont really have a problem with adding more events to the schedule but why are you limiting it to such a select few? Outside of the big 3 tournaments, most tournaments are going to have between 2-4 quality teams and a bunch of d3s and community colleges. My personal opinion is that during these early season events someone should only be rewarded for quality wins over opponents who belong at the D1 level (I realize this is kind of subjective but there are ways it could be done). If we're going to count those 50% of matches that are easy why dont we just count the full schedule for teams?

Also, all of the tournaments you've listed are pretty much b10/12 tourneys. What about other events like the NC state open which includes teams like NC State, Old Dominion, Maryland, Virginia Tech, and UNC Greensboro.

Or what about the Navy classic which has teams like Bloomsburg, Bucknell, Navy, and some lower tier D1s like George mason and F&M?

How about the oklahoma/brockport which has Bloomsburg, Oklahoma, Kent State, and Army?

Yeah we probably wont see the TOP TOP guys in those but those are still quality d1 programs with quality wrestlers. Just because the b10 and 12 dominate wrestling doesnt mean only their tournaments should count.

How about the brute/binghamton which has teams like cornell, bloomsburg, penn, binghamton, virginia, drexel, and bucknell.

How about PSACS which have Edinboro, Bloomsburg, Clarion, and lock haven? Yeah its not the strongest tourney but the top 3 guys at 125 are all ranked and you ahve guys like spaid and fendone wrestling each other, if we're counting other tourneys why not this one?

For the 157 bracket of the brute binghamton you had two returning all americans in the finals with one of them defeating matt moley (who has defeated a different returning all american) to get there. How is that not worth points when michael chandler beating Mark Dickman in the Mizzo open finals is?

Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    What about other events like the NC state open which includes teams like NC State, Old Dominion, Maryland, Virginia Tech, and UNC Greensboro.

Or what about the Navy classic which has teams like Bloomsburg, Bucknell, Navy, and some lower tier D1s like George mason and F&M?

How about the oklahoma/brockport which has Bloomsburg, Oklahoma, Kent State, and Army?

How about the brute/binghamton which has teams like cornell, bloomsburg, penn, binghamton, virginia, drexel, and bucknell.

How about PSACS which have Edinboro, Bloomsburg, Clarion, and lock haven? Yeah its not the strongest tourney but the top 3 guys at 125 are all ranked and you ahve guys like spaid and fendone wrestling each other, if we're counting other tourneys why not this one?

If you'll notice, most of the times I'm not abrasive or throw my weight around, and do solicit opinions. I guess you and I butt heads at times because we both think we know the right way to do things. It is what it is though.

Onto your post though, this is what I'm talking about when I say I want opinions. This is a great post bro...

If you look back you'll see I mentioned the Brockport tournament as a possible addition already. The Missouri Open was just another tournament that I thought of off the top of my head.

I'm still not going to do every event, nor do I really like the idea of doing events with just certain matches counting.

The draft is still nine months away, plenty of times to reshape, and to refine things.

As of right now, I'm principally looking for more competition dates, which I've gotten from you and Mojo. Am I sure on exactly which ones, or how many I'm going to add? No. But then that gets back to the nine months thing.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

I think that even if you add full events and count all the matches you should at least consider adding a quality wins system for tournaments you dont include on the schedule. Some tournaments dont have the deepest brackets but they might still have a few exceptional individuals.

For example Im not too keen on adding the bison open to the list of what is counted but last year Tanner Gardner beat jason ness at this event, and under the current system it wouldnt be worth anything.

If you have two wrestlers of that calibur wrestling the match should count no matter where it is held.