Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Keeper League

Default Re: Keeper League

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    For guys who are graduating there best guys, that wouldn't seem like such a big deal but then again, if there is a first round in the keeper league then I would propose that if you "keep" a guy, you sit out the first round. Makes people REALLY think about whether they want to keep a guy or not especially if they get the #1 overall pick.

I think its a unique idea.

BTW, the weak-ass fantasy league over on the mat is lame. We are far more organized in my opinion, have a much friendlier set of commishioners and a site designer who is proactive in making this thing expand.
    Thats an interesting idea but it wouldnt be good for my team, I vote no.

If we do this, thats about the only way I can think of to make it fair to people who may come in next year that weren't in the league this year.

You keep someone, you don't get a first round pick.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    If we do this, thats about the only way I can think of to make it fair to people who may come in next year that weren't in the league this year.

You keep someone, you don't get a first round pick.
    How about the people who dont get a keeper get to make their 1st round picks before anyone who does have a keeper? you could split it into 2 seperate pools for determing draft order.

Otherwise if Im the #1 pick of the draft and I keep a guy every new person who signs up next year will get two picks before I get to make my 1st. That doesnt seem very fair.

you would REALLY have to want to keep your guy, that is what we are saying...i would say that you don't have to make that commitment until the day of the draft...

you need to state when the draft starts that you are keeping so and so and then dropping down into your next pick...then all guys are posted before the round begins so people know who is available and who is not.

can you tell that I really want to keep Randy Moss, I mean Ness.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

I'm all for it. I think everyone has a solid first round choice on their team.

It rewards people who have played before with the option to pick or keep in the first round....without making it unfair (chances are these people would be picked in the first round anyway).

Plus, just when you think its a bad idea......wait until you're the 14th pick in the draft. Then you'll probably think the keeper was a good idea.
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

Just be careful your guy doesn't leave college early for the draft.
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

I don't care either way. I can draft again or find someone on my team to keep.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011

Another thought about things...

I'm assuming not everyone is going to return for next year, and even if they did, not everyone would keep a guy.

So what I would do to establish the draft order, would be to first hold a draw with however many people are new, or aren't keeping someone. I'd establish an order with them, and they would fill the first spots of the draft. Say, six people are either new or not keeping someone, I'd throw those names into a hat, and they'd occupy spaces 1-6 in the draft order for the whole time.

Then anyone who is keeping someone, since they won't have a first rounder, I'd draw them next and they'd fill in the remaining spaces. Sticking with our example above, spots 7-14 would be filled with people who are keeping guys.

I'd probably keep the snake format for all rounds though, meaning after people 1-6 picked their guys. The person in the 14th spot would start off the second round immediately after with their pick.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Another thought about things...

I'm assuming not everyone is going to return for next year, and even if they did, not everyone would keep a guy.

So what I would do to establish the draft order, would be to first hold a draw with however many people are new, or aren't keeping someone. I'd establish an order with them, and they would fill the first spots of the draft. Say, six people are either new or not keeping someone, I'd throw those names into a hat, and they'd occupy spaces 1-6 in the draft order for the whole time.

Then anyone who is keeping someone, since they won't have a first rounder, I'd draw them next and they'd fill in the remaining spaces. Sticking with our example above, spots 7-14 would be filled with people who are keeping guys.

I'd probably keep the snake format for all rounds though, meaning after people 1-6 picked their guys. The person in the 14th spot would start off the second round immediately after with their pick.
    That would be pretty much what I was suggesting except you have the 14th person getting the 1st pick instead of the 7th.