Thread: Since I have both Evans and Gambrall

Default Since I have both Evans and Gambrall

Do I get the points for Iowa 174 no matter who wrestles, or do I need to guess right?
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

Default Re: Since I have both Evans and Gambrall

interesting. I believe the law would say since the back up is "owned" (even though by yourself), you'd have to pick the starter. If you pick the wrong ones....the points would be credited to the backup....who unfrotunately would be on the bench.

Could this be the first time someone starts 2 wrestlers from the same weight on the same team? (Flex)
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

Because its Iowa and its Zapp, this situation does not surprise me in the slightest.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Generally speaking we make people name the backup, but I think the intent of the rule is to stop them from picking from among multiple guys in a tournament after the wrestling has started.

I'm in favor of letting him get the points for whoever wrestles in this instance-- however he cant start one at 174 and one at 184 and claim the 184 backup points, not until gambral officially moves up. Similarly he can't start Evans at 165 anymore to get moores points
    Gold is an idiot.

LoSt,
    i thought the same thing yet Iowa is not going to a tournament.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

If you stick one in at 174 and leave the other on your bench you'll get back up points for matches that either guy wins at 174. If you start one at 174 and flex the other it seems to me like you'd be good for any points that either guy scores.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Yeah, so why would I bother flexing? Thanks, just wanted to check before I set my lineup.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...