Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your Fantasy Lineup

Default Re: Your Fantasy Lineup

Who is we?

I still have no official word that Zanetta is out. I have Shane Young and I have Colon who may be cutting down to 125. If Colon stays up and Zanetta stays out, then yeah, I best get some improvement at that weight but if Zanetta stays, Colon comes down then I have a wealth at 125. If Colon comes back at 133 then I still have McCormick at 133 as well.

What we need to talk about is my 157 and my 197 situation!
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

We can do that .
    Z is gone !!Colon is going 125 IF he comes back . McCormick will get stepped on in conferences by Sentes -I am interested in Perry at 197 .young is in the Bid 4 this year -who knows how he'll perform there .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Your going to have to show me where Zanetta is gone bc he's a senior and his back-up is a really nice looking freshman but I'm sure they'd prefer to make a run this year with Wilps, Mack, Thoms 1, Thoms 2 etc. I just can't rationalize that its gonna happen unless he's hurt? Where did you see or hear this?

As far as Perry, I'm saying that I need a better 197 not that I want to give you the one decent one that I have!
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

125-It appears Anthony Zanetta of Pitt may redshirt. At this time he has been dropped from the rankings.

141-Jordan Oliver is added to 141. I'm very disappointed that I haven't been able to get a definitive answer about his weight. 141 looks most likely at this point.

149-Which forces Josh Kindig up a weight class.

157-Derek St. John takes over the top spot because....

165-Kyle Dake is up at 165. My rational is the same for this weight as I used at 184. Defending National Champion at the weight is #1, guy moving up is #2. Luckily we won't have to wait long to see how this plays out.

Also Dake's teammate Craig Eifert has been inserted at 157
    174-Josh Asper moves up here

184-Which brings teammate Jimmy Sheptock to 184.

285-Spencer Myers willl most likely redshirt and has been dropped.

Similar to Oklahoma State, I haven't been able to get a definite answer about Iowa's 174/184 situation. Lofthouse and Gambrall could flip-flop. Until I get better info we are playing it safe with last year's weights.
    D1CW , Gadsen is better than Perry-just has a lame schedule. I would consider a deal for Gadsen .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

Well look at my roster (this computer has a messed up spacebar, lovely)

125- Probably my weakest weight, I have Ryak Finch as my starter for now and he does have a marquee win over Morrison, but he will definately have to pick things up. Roth gives me a returning conference champ with a good schedule who I might put in over Finch at one point. Klimara was just a fun pick and I want to see how he does

133- I got to keep Chris Dardanes who is right up there in the title hunt, not bad for a 12th rounder

141- Picked up Maple who if JO goes 149 is gonna have a clear path to the NCAA title, plus a guy who doesn't settle for decisions. If Evan Henderson wrestles like he did at the start of last year then I have a solid Flex

149- Donnie Vinson is another guy effected by what JO does, but he is definately a guy good enough to win it and his schedule means he will be picking up a lot of bonus

157- Nicholson is one of those solid 25-30 wins guys who could AA, was a very good value pick

165- I have been a big fan of Robert Kokesh and I really think he could make the Top 4.

174- Turtogtokh Luvsandorj is one of my picks I feel most iffy about but he has a nice schedule and this might be the year he finally AA's

184- Ben Bennett is a bit of a running joke with my wrestling team, one of our friends was coached by his dad, but Ben has been around for awhile and is definately in the running for a title and his 4th AA. Chionuma was an NAIA champ and I have heard a lot of good things about him, but not only is he switching divisions he is also jumping up a lot of weight classes

197- Campo has a solid AA chance IF he wrestles. If he does I have Huntley who isn't the best starter but if I get desperate I have some tradeable guys. I take back 125 being my weakest weight though, definately 197.

285- I was really hoping for Spencer Myers but he decided to redshirt on me. Matt Gibson is a really talented, if small, heavyweight and although a healthy Z hurts his points he still is a solid pick.

In total I got 4 guys who could win it (1 who is a virtual lock), and 4 other guys I think will at least AA. My Big 10 guys as a whole won't win their conference, but almost everybody else looks to be conference champs.
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

What about caleb ??

Having Earl say "it appears" doesn't make it official per se, I think I'll contact AD or coaches.

Round of 12

My take on my line-up as of today:

125-Triggas-Scores a lot of bonus, got him in the 7th round and at that point all of the sure bet 125's had been taken. Not sure if he AA's, but I definitely think he has a good shot and hopefully scores some bonus along the way.

125-Rollins-Love his schedule, matches up with Triggas pretty good, not expecting anything other than scoring points on Triggas off weeks

133-Quiroga-9th round pick for a previous AA, thought I had to go with it. Another guy with a brutal conference schedule, but hopefully he sneaks in a low AA. Should score well in the early season before Big 10 matches start

141-Hucke-My last starter picked, really like him and hoping Henson was a positive impact on him. Should score well in the MAC and hopefully is a conference champ for me

149-Tessari-I like the way he wrestles, goes after bouns, hoping he builds on last year's 4th place finish. 149 is pretty tough up top, but I think he AA's again.

157-Welch-Potential Big 10 champ, potential NCAA finalist/champ. I think DSJ is the favorite, but either Alton or Welch could beat him on any given day. I am hoping for a top 3 finish from him.

165-Polz-I think Polz could be a hit or a miss, not really sure. I think he can go with anyone not named Taylor in the Big 10, but could finish 4th or 5th as well. Felt like he was a decent pick up in the 6th round

165-Harger-I had never heard of this guy before I started my reseach into filling Polz's schedule because Illinois' schedule is autrocious. I am really just hoping he score me some points before Midlands!!!!

174-Blanton-Could be a NCAA finalist, could be 4-5th in his conference. Another wildcard as far as how high finishes, but I think he is a definite AA and could be a finalist which is not bad for the 3rd round. His schedule sucks.

174-Yates-Best guy available and his schedule matches up very well with Blanton. Should score me some points early on.

184-Ruth-Stud-Guy scored bonus in all but two matches last year and even with the bump up in weight, I think he cores bonus at least 80% of the time

197-Kilgore-Stud#2-Think people thought I was stupid last year for this pick, but I got a 197 back-up who scored a ton of points and was a NCAA qualifier and conf champ and I got Kilgore in the 8th round this year. He will be an NCAA finalist and I think could major anyone in the country.

197-Salopek-Great early season schedule as long as he stays healthy. Kilgore's schedule is not great in Nov, so Salopek compliments it well

HWT-Johnson-I was really looking to try and get Hanke, but I was three spots too late. Johnson may or may not AA, but he has a decent schedule and gives me a shot at a low AA

HWT-Chalfant-Great schedule, should score a lot of bonus points early on in the year.

Overall I am a little concerned with my conference team, but there is a lot of time between now and then. I think I have 2 guys who are a lock to be in the last match in March in Kilgore and Ruth and both could score bonus the whole way to the finals which is like having another guy in the tournament. I think I have two more potential finalists in Welch and Blanton and could have up to 9 AA's. Overall I like my team, but I know what I have now will not be who I roll into the NCAA's with, that is what makes it interesting!

If I were you i'd trade Ruth and Kilgore to me . But that is just me .