Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 478794959697

Thread: 07/08 Fantasy League Draft Thread

Default Re: College Wrestling Fantasy League Draft Thread Avallone to go

Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    Jensens stated in the rules that trades were encouraged and I like the idea however I see very few if any trades actually occuring
    yeah, i just got home from a late night out and hadn't read his new post about trades...i still don't see the need as we have 15 guys per team with an option to supplement at christmas and you also get the replacement guy at your weight on the team that your guy went down from...no one is going to ever have an actual hole at the weight...i would love trades to be $1.00 next year when we are playing for big greenbacks...then I could let LOST make trades all day knowing that money was going to make its way back to me...
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

I said in my original rules that trades were allowed and encouraged. I doubt we really see a ton of them, I just thought it was a fun little wrinkle to add in, especially if I had managed to draft Glasser.

I imagine I could have found a team willing to give someone up for him
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Oh man, my poor Gusto Grapplers might be dead before they even start! Aside from my 149ers going up a weight, I just found out that my 133 lber Ciasulli lost his wrestle-off for Lehigh ! What was the rule on wrestle-off losses? Do we get the replacement guy or is that just for injuries? Maybe I can make a case for poor Ciasulli as I am sure his pride was pretty well injured!
    Last edited by MOJO; 11-06-2007 at 06:46 PM.

I'm pretty sure Sparky will be in the lineup for Lehigh. They're 1-1 in wrestle-offs.

if your guy gets beaten out you are out of luck was the original posting. However early season wrestleoffs dont always set the lineups so dont count seth out yet.

Indeed, my 74 Dave Erwin lost both his wrestle off matches, hence my taking of Trevor Perry with my last pick.

I know I said I'd have the rules thread, and the general discussion thread up by this afternoon, but I'm going to have to push that back until tonight after my last class, it will be up tonight though.

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Is there any ETA on Avallones pick and the end of this draft?

call me crazy but i think that is actually kind of the cool part about the fantasy wrestling...its brilliant that we are generally drafting top 15-20 wrestlers and they may not even get the nod to start...
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

I'm going to go ahead and select Zach Hammond for Avallone, if he doesn't want him he doesn't have to take him.

I'm doing this because Trusty wants Hammond, and he also has Newly McSpadden who Avallone spoke of wanting.

With that I'm also going to lock this thread.