Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When we getting this thing rolling?

Default Re: When we getting this thing rolling?

I know how annoying it is to have to wait for people, and I've definitely been on the skip-wagon in the past. But looking at it objectively, we start this thing early enough that we can take 10 days to finish and still have a good 2-3 weeks before the season even starts, so its not like there is a huge hurry to get it done.
    Gold is an idiot.

In like Flynn.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    I know how annoying it is to have to wait for people, and I've definitely been on the skip-wagon in the past. But looking at it objectively, we start this thing early enough that we can take 10 days to finish and still have a good 2-3 weeks before the season even starts, so its not like there is a huge hurry to get it done.
    Alright...don't say I didn't warn you all but I'm good with it if you all are.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Can't we all just give up one saturday afternoon ?
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

JensenS ,
    the first rounds usually go the quickest so why not get those out of the way next weekend ? Then let the thing stagger on from there ?
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

We're going to start on October 15. I'll start the returnees thread probably on Monday the 30th so that we can nail down keepers and non keepers and make sure the rules are good for everyone.

But October 15 will be a fine day to start.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

You gonna spell out the keeper rule again, so us slow learners get it? and do you have a list of who we had last year?
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.

The keeper rule is easy. IF you want to keep someone from your team last year its going to cost you a 3 round penalty, that's it. That 3 round penalty though means no one from the first 3 rounds last year can be kept.

I'll probably have a master list of people who can't be kept, but no I'm not going to tell people individually who they had. There is a roster thread from last year in this section.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

So basically only the fellow who picked up Kilgore last year at the end of the round is should really be considering this?
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."