Thread: 2 cool things this wkend

Default 2 cool things this wkend

Hello Brothers,
    Well, I feel like I have crawled out of a cave. I just spent the entire weekend, Thursday -Saturday night late- in a crowded gym watching some awesome wrestling, and I missed the entire NCAA's. How is this you ask? Because the wrestling I watched was the Pennsylvania Jr. State Championships in Erie, PA. Man, these kids, (10 & Under, 12 & U, 14 & U) REALLY get after it. 24 man brackets, double elimination, 8 placers. Reading the history of this meet, pretty much every great college wrestler who grew up in PA has placed in it (Oliver, Herbert, G.Jones, K.Angle, Weaver...). Well, brothers, (this is the first cool thing) the main reason I was there was to coach my son Desmond, who wound up taking 2nd in state at 145 12 & U, beating a defending champ in round one, and losing in the finals on a double ot, 30 sec ride-out, 1-0! I am majorly proud and wanted to share it with my WT Brothers first and foremost (well, after everyone I passed on the street!). Here is the link:http://65.61.23.146/tournaments/09%2...mpionships.pdf (145 12 and under)

The second cool thing this weekend is finding out that my mighty Gusto Grapplers, even though eleminated from the competition, still wound up with FIVE (5) champs (Gomez, King, Luke, Varner, Ellis) and one 7th (Russell)! Pretty good I think! Did anyone beat this?

Default Re: 2 cool things this wkend

Much congratulations to your son, Brother Mojo. Let's hope he follows Dad's footsteps and even blazes new trails of his own.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Congrats to Mojo and Mojo Jr.!
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011

Mojo JR: Future world champ
    Gold is an idiot.

Brothers Spider, Wiltz and LoSt,
    Thank you all for the kind words guys. You all are part of his family. I am taking bids now for being first in line to draft the boy for the 2016 TWT fantasy draft teams. He says he wants to go to Penn or Michigan, but I should have him talked into Boise St. or N.Carolina -Greensboro by then, so his fantasy schedule should be pretty good !

Sounds like MOJOJR is a stud! Good job Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by MOJO View Post
    Brothers Spider, Wiltz and LoSt,
    Thank you all for the kind words guys. You all are part of his family. I am taking bids now for being first in line to draft the boy for the 2016 TWT fantasy draft teams. He says he wants to go to Penn or Michigan, but I should have him talked into Boise St. or N.Carolina -Greensboro by then, so his fantasy schedule should be pretty good !
    Obviously you are posting that as a joke, but think about how crazy it will be if he really does go D1 and we keep doing this for another 6 years? We might all be fighting over Mojo JR first round
    Gold is an idiot.