Thread: Best/Worst trades of 2011-2012

Round of 12

Default Best/Worst trades of 2011-2012

Falcon gave me an idea...here are my top 5 best/worst trades for the year in my opinion. They are best/worst because one person ended up getting a much better deal than the other party.

#5-gofer gets Storley-6th at ncaas from tlv for zehner

#4-Dutch gets Vinson-3rd at ncaas and Hickman-r12 from gofer for Von ohlen-r12 and luvsandorj

#3-gofer gets Vinson-3rd at ncaas fro. Payton for Swartz

#2-Dutch gets dsj-2nd at ncaas and toal-big 12 champ from snackem for zanetta-r12 and booth

#1-Payton gets megaludis-2nd at ncaas from snackem for mele.

May have missed some good ones, let me know if I did. I found it interesting that with all of the champs that Russ traded for, the other person definitely got a lot of value.

Default Re: Best/Worst trades of 2011-2012

This can't be right . According to ZAPP I always finn my guy .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

I would like to point out that while the Mega/Mele trade didn't work out for NCAA's that the whole point of the trade was to score me enough points during the championship week so that I had a shot of qualifying. I didn't do that but Mele did out place Mega in the BIG, even beating him in the consi semis match.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Round of 12

We all make trades for different reasons and for different needs, I just picked out the one's that most benefitted people come NCAA time. At the time, I thought Mele was a better pick up myself!

Oh I agree, if you're just looking at NCAAs that and my DSJ trade are both horrible, but they were necessary to give me a shot at getting into the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

I made so many I don't even remember them. I kind of employed a two steps forward, one step back mentality after Chamberlain redshirted, Wolfensberger couldn't make 125 and JD retired. I knew I was never going to be able to keep some of the guys I was getting. The real guy that makes things happen and makes it fun is Russ. We did a fun trade where he got Simaz and Loder for Dake and Leblanc. It was a fun trade. Ended up somewhat point neutral all in all but I think it helped both teams overall.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."