Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on this Season & Changes for Next

Default Thoughts on this Season & Changes for Next

Same story with this thread as every year. What did you like? What did you dislike? What do you want to keep? What do you want to change?

I've got a proposal for changing how keepers are treated during the draft basically simplifying the process, but I'll type that up either tomorrow or the next day. Don't really feel like doing it right now.

Other than that I'm open to hearing from you guys.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Round of 12

Default Re: Thoughts on this Season & Changes for Next

This will not exactly be on subject in the beginning but...

Things I liked

Trotman-placing 3rd and beating the 1,2, and 3 seeds-He has been named the Team Redshirt OW for the season

Both Kilgore and Sentes, replacements winning their conferences...add to that Stephens replacement also qualified for the NCAA's.

Getting Vinson/Abdurakhmanov/Fleming in trades, love bonus points

Things I did not like:

Sentes redshirting 48 hours after I pick him in the 2nd round

3rd round pick Dong blowing up his shoulder

Snyder missing matches due to ????

Changes for next year:

I wouldn't mind seeing a change in the keeper rules, as long as my boy Kilgore doesn't cost me anything more than a 9th round pick! I wouldn't mind a system where you can keep one person and they count 2 rounds higher than where you draft them. Guys in round 1 and 2 cannot be kept. This allows everyone a chance to get the Taylor/Ruth's of the world and promotes finding the diamonds in the rough for next year. Just a thought, but I am good with whatever.

May want to change some tournaments as always, Navy Classic was terrible. I love the 15 ranked guys qualifies a tournament, definitely think that rule is a keeper.

Also may want to wait on rule changes until we know what the qualifier system will be for next year. I think the Mizzou situation may lead to the Regional qualifier system that has been brought up. I don't know if it will happen, but it wouldn't shock me if it did.

Jensen-Thanks again for all of your work, I know it is very time consuming, but it is very appreciated by everybody in the league!!!!

It might be worth re-thinking how conferences are scored given some of the shakeups we've had recently. For example the B10 is harder then ever, whereas the B12 lost one of its top teams and is replacing it with WVU.

One thing that didn't come up this year but which I'd like to make sure is squashed for next year is a potential loophole in our supplimental rules. My understanding of our keeper rules is that if you picked up a guy in the supplimental or the second supplimental he'd be elligible for a keeper pick, counting as a 15th rounder.

I'm ok with this as far as it applies to a guy like James Green for example, since he is still a prospect that slipped through the cracks and was drafted late. What I DONT think would be ok is if someone picked up a guy like Andrew Howe or Dustin Kilgore during the first or second supplimental and kept him in the 13th round. As far as I'm concerned that goes against the spirit of the prospect keeper as I proposed it. I actually intended to abuse this loophole but forgot to due to how busy I've been in australia

In my mind, if someone like Dutch wants to give up one of his initial draft picks and go through the season short one guy, he should be able to take Kilgore and keep him for the following year. But redshirting guys or past AAs shouldn't be elligible for a keeper pick based on the supplimentals

Just my two cents
    Gold is an idiot.

I'd actually thought about taking advantage of that during the second supplemental as well (although given how close it was for me to even make the playoffs I'm glad I went with Delaney instead).

That's reasonable enough though. I had had a similar thought related to the supplemental.

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Round of 12

I was actually surprised no one took advantage of that loophole myself. If I didn't think I was going to need a 141/174 to get into the NCAA's I would have picked up another redshirt stud in case Kilgore had a season ending injury in the off-season! I do agree that the loophole would be better closed, for the supplementals.

I move for me to be given an automatic berth into the playoffs.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

You can have mine
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Have you decided whether there will be 2 keepers ? The first and then a prospect ?
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Still will just be one keeper, like we've always done.