Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for next year

Default Re: Ideas for next year

Poop on trade deadlines...
    Gold is an idiot.

Poop on you...maybe next year we will allow you only five total trades?

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

Next year the rest of the league will wise up and look at whats happening before creating a monster.
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

I am pretty sure I tried to stop a few of his trades but was not convincing enough.

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    I am pretty sure I tried to stop a few of his trades but was not convincing enough.
    except for the fact that I made more trades with you this year then anyone else that is almost believable

I do like that little spreadsheet and seeing all those reds and blues this year.

Gripsy you should just trade me Metcalf and let me seal the deal
    Last edited by LoSt; 03-15-2009 at 08:02 PM.
    Gold is an idiot.

I've been sitting on a trade for 3 days while our commish takes a vote whether to allow trades or not-although we have no trade deadline -Seems like some assholes keep voting that aren't in our league .

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    I've been sitting on a trade for 3 days while our commish takes a vote whether to allow trades or not-although we have no trade deadline -Seems like some assholes keep voting that aren't in our league .
    It's all down to accboy. If he doesn't vote, no trades. Every fantasy league in any sport has a trade deadline. It seems dumb to me to allow trades to keep happening in what is, essentially, the playoff period. but if nay votes "yes", then I'll go with the masses.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

With the tournaments, there should be a minimum number of Division I teams in the tournament for it to count. For example, Iowa State's starters always clean up at the Cyclone Open against a bunch of scrubs, or say an OK State kid enters the SuperScrub/Division II open and he's the only one on his team and does it to get some mat time. Say someone drafts Jordan Oliver and he beats kids from Fort Hays State, Meramec, Central Missouri and there's no other Division I's bringing their starters to the tournament. Could create a hellacious imbalance to teams who wrestle too much fluff.

I'm all for a trade deadline and a trade limit, because why have a draft strategy if you're going to just shuffle up and deal? I drafted for a season-long run, and while I realize I could have made trades, I didn't (and that's my deal, not the league's).

Another thing might be to institute "keeper rounds" rather than just keeping one stud each year. In my fantasy baseball league, we draft 25 rounds, but rounds 13-25 are "keeper" rounds, meaning those guys are eligible to be kept on for the next year, while the "stud players" are always open for everyone to pick from via the draft.

For example, Josh Patterson would be a nasty good "keeper" pick. Creates some strategy and also makes you worry more about who's going to pick your "sleeper."

Whatever round you pick him with, you forfeit that pick. So if Lost gets Patterson in Round 16, he keeps Patterson and doesn't draft in the 16th round. Not that difficult as it may sound and it provides building for the future, too.

I like the option of having a guy wrestle to score, even if he bumps.

NCAA Tournament scoring is very easy. I can get Kreider to print out the points scored with just a jump drive. It might be tough to figure on your own, but if we go to tournament scoring for the tournament, why shouldn't you lose a team point if a kid gets docked a point, too. Makes following the guys you normally wouldn't that much more interesting.

Just my two cents after being in fantasy baseball/football leagues for the last 12-13 years.

I will take Josh Patterson with my 15th round pick for next years draft no problem
    Gold is an idiot.