Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I have a dillema...

Default Re: I have a dillema...

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    In my mega trade with rpayton, I ended up getting Herbst and Kennedy when I already had Hump and Chriswell. It left me with a hole at 149 (Steve Brown, so not horrible, but not ideal), which I didn't figure would be a problem because I planned on trading one of the aforementioned studs for a better 149. No one was interested, though, and I don't think we can trade anymore, so I'm just kind of stuck.

Chriswell is definitely the x-factor.
    Hey, brother, I tried to get Metcalf off of you, you just went with Russ' deal. You would have had a decent 149 replacement, I think, and a higher ranked 157 then you currently have. Just saying.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Either way, the reason I say one of the 133's is because it's such a meatgrinder weight, meanwhile Herbst has beaten Varner, and has at least a shot at the Finals, depending on where his bracket is, but I don't see him any lower then 5th at worst.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    Either way, the reason I say one of the 133's is because it's such a meatgrinder weight, meanwhile Herbst has beaten Varner, and has at least a shot at the Finals, depending on where his bracket is, but I don't see him any lower then 5th at worst.

I would tend to agree with this, I could see him lower then 5th but I think he will AA for sure.

Kennedy, Dennis, Ness, Humphrey, Strayrer, Gomez

As crazy as it seems, at least one of those guys isnt going to AA this year.
    Gold is an idiot.

Hey, brother, I tried to get Metcalf off of you, you just went with Russ' deal. You would have had a decent 149 replacement, I think, and a higher ranked 157 then you currently have. Just saying.
    I currently have Mike Poeta. I went through a lot of deliberation about your trade offer, and I think it was probably fair, but in the end I just didn't think it helped my team any.

I currently have Mike Poeta. I went through a lot of deliberation about your trade offer, and I think it was probably fair, but in the end I just didn't think it helped my team any.
    what was the deal?
    Gold is an idiot.

I guess it's just how you look at it. I think of it as doubling my chances at a national title at 133 because those guys are so even. No matter what I do, it is not an easy decision. Anyone of those 4 guys could easily have a great tournament and make me regret benching them. I will wait until I see the bracket to make the final decision.

Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    what was the deal?
    Metcalf and Honeycutt for Palmer and Chandler.

I already have Umbehauer, so dropping Honeycutt wouldn't really have hurt me--he was just kind of the extra guy. Also, my 157 at the time was Jason Johnstone, so I was kind of in great need for a 157.

I forgot that you eventually got Poeta. Originally you got Hall, if I recall. Either way, it all depends on if you'd rather have Poeta and Steve Brown or Mike Chandler and Lance Palmer. Personally, I would not have traded Metcalf the way you did, but you are the best judge of what's good for your team. r.payton gave you a great offer in terms of studs, I just didn't think you needed them at the weights you got them. Either way, that's long gone. Can't wait for NCAA's.

r.payton gave you a great offer in terms of studs, I just didn't think you needed them at the weights you got them.
    I think you're right about this part. But like I have said, I had planned on trading one of them for a 149, it just didn't work out. Plus the trade gave me an adrenaline rush.