Thread: Fantasy Tournament Preview

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

Default Fantasy Tournament Preview

Took a stab at what I think the lineups will be. I know these are subject to change and likely will.

Interesting enough is the fact that only 2 #1 ranked wrestlers are held by the playoff teams (Metcalf & Herbert).

LoSt is a heavy favorite with a 5.7 average. Over 2 points better than ISU. There is a middle cluster for around 9.5 (Dart, Stiffy, Gopher) and myself pulling up the tail at 12.5. Whats the difference between 9th and 12th though? (pretty sure they're both round of 12).

Guys that won't meet their seeds

Hochstrasser - 4th
    Moley - 8th (shot his wad)
    Williams - 3rd
    Drouin - 7th
    Patterson - 6th
    Todd - 3rd
    Miller - 8th

Sorry LoSt....i know alot of your guys are here...but technically, they have the best chance of missing seed.

Dork out.
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

Default Re: Fantasy Tournament Preview

Its fine, I think Hoch takes around 3rd-5th but he could win the whole thing he is talented enough. However 133 is ridiculous, so him placing below seed would not be even remotely surprising.

Patterson is definitely not going to place higher then 6th unless someone above him gets bumped off by someone else, but he has already beaten everyone directly below him except caputo who he hasnt wrestled. I think he AA's but there is no way he overperforms his seed, so he has nowhere to go but down.

I do think you are wrong on miller though. I think he probably overperforms his seed at nationals, people dont give the guy enough credit because he has a bunch of losses to the #1, #2, and #3 guys. However he has been incredibly consistent and hasnt lost to anyone outside the top 10, and he also has wins over top guys like Jordan and Borschel (yeah I know he didnt REALLY beat Jordan).

I wouldnt favor him over any of the top 5 at this point at even money, but I think its far more likely that he pulls an upset then it is that he gets knocked off early. Plus he already made AA as an unseeded wrestler the last time he competed.
    Gold is an idiot.

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

Take a look at the best of the league lineup

125: Nickerson
    133: Hochstrasser
    141: Williams!
    149: Metcalf
    157: Burroughs
    165: Fay
    174: Cannon
    184: Herbert
    197: Todd
    HWT: Porter

I'd venture to say we only have 4 champs here. I was giving one to Nickerson & Burroughs if you were wondering.
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

I'll take gallick over williams...

I would say there is a very good chance we get four out of those. Herbert+Metcalf is two and I think at least two of those other guys will win a title.
    Gold is an idiot.

Also you should change my flex to blue because regardless of whether I go with Ptax or Miller they are ranked #8 the same as Moley :P
    Gold is an idiot.