Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arbritrary Predictions for your team

Default Arbritrary Predictions for your team

Simply because I am SUPER amped on wrestling right now!

Make some arbritrary calls on how your guys are going to finish at ncaas. I know people like grips are going to be huge homers, but try to be realistic if you can (obviously we are all going to have a LITTLE bias)
    Brackets and seeds will effect this but dont worry about that stuff for now, just go off the top of your head

My team:

125: Precin - 5th (Last year 7th)
    133: Hochstrasser - 4th
    141: Gallick - 3rd (last year 5th)
    149: Caldwell - 2nd (Last year 5th
    157: Gillespie - 4th (Last year 5th)
    165: Fay - 5th (Last year 5th)
    174: Jordan - 2nd (Last year 5th)
    184: Patterson - 7th
    197: Todd - 1st (Last year 3rd)
    HVY: Dudziak/Goff - R12

Flex: Miller - 8th (Two years ago 8th)

I think thats pretty realistic, I only gave myself 1 champ and two finalists.
    Gold is an idiot.

Default Re: Arbritrary Predictions for your team

Caldwell's not the same guy since his injury. He will not be second. Jordan won't be a finalist. Patterson might not place. I think you're underselling Dudziak, and I think Gillespie might get 3rd, but that's nitpicking. Fay will place lower then that. Precin will place higher. I think you might have Hoch too high as well. His best win is over Ness, and Ness, unfortunately, hasn't shown himself to be a top guy at this weight class...yet. By the way Gallick has been wrestling lately, he might not even place. Somce concerns for the Lost Boyz going into NCAA's from my objective perch.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

125 Precin-I would say anywhere from 7th to 1st. No idea.
    133 Hoch-solid pick, 133 is crazy. Again 7th to 1st
    141 Gallick-he bores me, who cares...AA.
    149 Caldwell-2nd to 5th.
    157 Gillespie-I think he wins it all. He got his wake up call versus Moley.
    165 Fay-agree, about the same
    174 Jordan-head case, I think his weight is going to hurt him from making finals. I say top 5.
    184 Patterson-round of 12
    197 Todd-the way he wrestled this weekend, I think he is the favorite. He has a style that kind of negates Askren's and Herbst's funk but can also keep him right in there vs Brester and Varner. I like your Todd pick as NCAA champ.
    Hwt Dudziak/Goff-cannon fodder.
    Flex: Miller, agree, low AA.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

I disagree about Ness not showing he is a top guy at the weight class when he had back to back wins over #1 Gomez and #1 Humphrey in late January. Its anyone's ballgame at 133. He has 2 losses to Kennedy, 2 to Humphrey, 1 to Dennis, 1 to Strayer who he turned around and pinned this weekend and one to Hochstrasser. I can live with those losses. What I agree with you about however is that he has a problem if he can't compete on his feet because he's not turning the Top 5 guys over if he gets on top.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

125 Pataky R12
    133 Ness 1st-7th
    141 McLemore (nada)
    149 Grajales R12
    157 Hall 3rd-7th
    165 Brown 7th-8th
    174 Cannon 1st-5th
    184 Craig 5th-DNP
    197 Halsey 5th-DNP
    Hwt Porter 1st-DNP
    Flex: Moley Low AA
    LeBlanc R12

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    I disagree about Ness not showing he is a top guy at the weight class when he had back to back wins over #1 Gomez and #1 Humphrey in late January. Its anyone's ballgame at 133. He has 2 losses to Kennedy, 2 to Humphrey, 1 to Dennis, 1 to Strayer who he turned around and pinned this weekend and one to Hochstrasser. I can live with those losses. What I agree with you about however is that he has a problem if he can't compete on his feet because he's not turning the Top 5 guys over if he gets on top.
    It's just my opinion. I hope I'm wrong and he wins the championship this year. He's my favorite guy at 133. I'm just going by what I've seen on the mat most of the season. He had that week where he beat Hump and Gomez, but other then that, he really has struggled.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Struggled? Shit, he has had a buzz saw schedule. No one has had a tougher schedule than Ness. I think the good news other than the fact that Kennedy owns him, is that he has seen all his major competition now and vice versa. Whoever can put the best 5 matches together is going to win it.

125-Nickerson 1-3
    133-Baker ?6th
    141 -Cleveland 5th
    149-Metcalf 1st
    157-Hall round of 12 low AA
    165 Stewart 7-8th
    174 Henrich -7-8th
    184 -Caputo 8th
    197 Halsey 1st through 5th
    Wise -7th
    Brown 7-8th
    With Todd at 90% if he ties up with Halsey it is over -his knee either pops out or he's counting lights . Cleveland majored hoehn who beat Gallick-141, anyone in the top 15 might win . HWT.is up for grabs and Wise is LARGE and can wrestle .

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    Caldwell's not the same guy since his injury. He will not be second. Jordan won't be a finalist. Patterson might not place. I think you're underselling Dudziak, and I think Gillespie might get 3rd, but that's nitpicking. Fay will place lower then that. Precin will place higher. I think you might have Hoch too high as well. His best win is over Ness, and Ness, unfortunately, hasn't shown himself to be a top guy at this weight class...yet. By the way Gallick has been wrestling lately, he might not even place. Somce concerns for the Lost Boyz going into NCAA's from my objective perch.
    Clearly you do not follow much ACC wrestling Mr. Vak

It is Dudziak who hasnt been the same since his injury, and he was really struggling at ACC's. Caldwell on the other hand walked through the tourney without breaking a sweat. His injury is not the type of injury that hampers his performance, its a question of whether he has annother reoccurance of spasms. Its possible it strikes again and he has to default out, but unless that happens I expect to see him in the finals.

He should get the #3 seed and be in the opposite side of the bracket from Metcalf. Who is at 149 this year? Bubba? I think Caldwell beats him. He almost did last year, and bubba has looked terrible this year despite his cushy record. He barely beat Nadhir from NW and pretty much surrendered against Metcalf.

Palmer? Caldwell has beaten him twice, including once by fall.

Ruschell? Caldwell has beaten him already.

Saddoris? Caldwell pinned him in the first period.

PTax? I mean I guess he could catch Caldwell in something funky... but caldwell really has been a lot more consistent this year.

Patterson might not place but he is the #6 guy in the country for a reason... He's beaten the #7, #8, #9, #14, and #17 guys in the country without much trouble at all. He had an early season loss to Simaz and other then that he has only lost a close match to Keddy and a less close match to Kilgore.

Hochstrasser is the real deal, yeah its possible he doesnt take 4th but you could say the exact same thing about all of the other guys. Who is a lock to place higher then 4th at 133??? The former clear cut #1 Daniel Dennis couldnt even place 4th at big tens for crying out loud...

Fay was having a much worse season last year when he took 5th, this year his only losses are to top guys and he has just as many wins over top guys as he does losses. He's already beaten both B10 finalists and the b12 champ this year

Jordan certainly isnt a lock to make the finals but I am a believer in the guy and have watched him wrestle a ton this year. If anyone is going to dethrone steve luke it will be him. Both his recent losses were pretty much flukes, I cant speak to his losses to cannon and Borschel (my guess is they are a bad style matchup).

Gallick barely had a .500 record going into conferences last year and he managed to turn in a 5th place finish at nationals. I dont think his four losses to top 10 guys and one random loss to a post-grad (which he won 8 straight matches to take 3rd after) is going to keep him from AAing... Try naming eight guys at 141 with better records then gallick this year. I'll give you $50 if you can.

You are only hyping precin because he is on your team, just like Dudziak.
    In fact you have tried to downplay every wrestler who is on my team and not on yours, with the exception of gillespie. I guess you are a GG fan?

From your EXTREMELY BIASED perch things might look grim, but I am pretty confident that my 8 returning AA's and winning conference team will hold up under pressure...
    Gold is an idiot.