Thread: How are you guys doing so far?

Default How are you guys doing so far?

I have managed to have conference finalist finishes from all 11 starters but it still has been a very marginal week for me.

I started off with 7 first round byes and then followed it up by having 3 of the guys I expected to win go down

125: Precin - 10 (In the finals)
    133: Hochstrasser - 28
    141: Gallick - 15
    149: Caldwell - 31
    157: Gillespie - 20
    165: Fay - 26
    174: Jordan - 15
    184: Patterson - 29
    197: Todd - 10 (In finals)
    HVY: Dudziak - 22

Flex: Miller - 4 (In Finals)

210 so far

With the guarenteed placement bonuses I've already broken my earlier record, however I would not be in the least surprised if I dont win this week because I know some other teams have been doing very well.
    Gold is an idiot.

Default Re: How are you guys doing so far?

210 is pretty impressive with at least 36 more points in the bag even if you lose all three of your finals. I don't think anyone else is having any better week than you so far. Those Big XII guys just don't pay come conference time however come NCAA time, they are nice to have.

I could have Ness potentially outscore your finalists in Gallick and Jordan as an example.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    210 is pretty impressive with at least 36 more points in the bag even if you lose all three of your finals. I don't think anyone else is having any better week than you so far. Those Big XII guys just don't pay come conference time however come NCAA time, they are nice to have.

I could have Ness potentially outscore your finalists in Gallick and Jordan as an example.
    thats why in general I dont draft B12 guys, or even b10 guys for that matter. I have yet to have a B10 or B12 guy on my team (excluding guys I traded off) who was not a conference finalist.

Hopefully Todd and Precin will make me 5/5 for b10 champs tomorrow night
    Gold is an idiot.

In general you don't draft them but they make up 40% of your roster. I like Todd's chances, I think Precin gets over the hump and goes from taking 7th place last year at Big Tens to Big Ten champ and I kick myself for letting him go. You might want to consider him as your keep for next year depending on who you have coming back.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    In general you don't draft them but they make up 40% of your roster. I like Todd's chances, I think Precin gets over the hump and goes from taking 7th place last year at Big Tens to Big Ten champ and I kick myself for letting him go. You might want to consider him as your keep for next year depending on who you have coming back.
    If hochstrasser wins a national title I might keep him, other then that I will likely be starting fresh, since I cant keep caldwell for a 3rd year.

its actually 33% and thats nothing compared to guys like Jensens and TLV. Also only one of the four guys I have was drafted by me (I did draft a few other B10/B12 guys but traded them all).
    Gold is an idiot.

whatever, 4 out of 11 but 4 out of your 10 starters...since you carried them through conferences though, they will now pay dividends at nationals...that was my problem last year too...just get them through conferences and keep your playoff spot, then they were great