Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Agents instead of Supplemental Draft

Default Free Agents instead of Supplemental Draft

Maybe this has been addressed before, maybe even I'm the one who brought it up, but refresh my memory: why don't we use a Free Agency/Waiver system as opposed to our Supplemental Draft system? If it's just your personal preference, Shane, that's fine, but if it's due to the logistics of doing it, I'll handle the entire system for you if you want.

My proposal would be that everyone clears waivers three days before lineups are due, at which point I would process claims. This is the same way it works for Fantasy FOotball, BTW.

Waiver requests would be processed in reverse draft order, so Mojo would have first draft priority. If both Mojo and say Jensen put in for the same wrestler, Mojo gets him. If nobody puts in for the wrestler, he can be picked up by anyone. Once Mojo gets his guy, though, he goes to the back of the line.

I know it sounds complicated, but it's not that bad.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Default Re: Free Agents instead of Supplemental Draft

The reason why we've never done it before is just because I've never wanted to deal with tracking them. People still seem to like the format with the two drafts in the middle of the year as well.

If this is something that people may be interested in moving to we'll put it on the shelf to consider for next year.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

I like the way we have it for now. My $.02.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

It's very possible/probable that I am the only one thinking about it.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

So tell me more about it. I'm a salesman, so sell me. I'm open to evolving the league but I know I drive Shane batty with my trades so if Free Agency fixed it then I would consider it. It also sounds like it rewards those who are more "into" the league which is a good thing.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

The FREE AGENCY system will allow anyone a chance to stay competitive all year regardless of injury or lousy draft . My first year in Zapp's league 4 guys I drafted early quit or RS'd . Plus , it is simply more fun .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

I'm open to it for next year, not fair to other members to implement it this year.

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

Free agency kills trades. I also like the fact that you better know what you're doing upfront instead of hammering the waiver wire week in and week out. My two.
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

That's why we've set a waiver limit of ten transactions per year. You cant just drop and add guys whenever you want. If you run out of transactions youre done for the year in that regard. Most of us in that league do know what we are doing, we just don't know when a guy is going to bust his knee and be out for the rest of the season. Personally, I like the waiver wire rule.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09