Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Post/Brag About/Complain About your Team

Default Re: Post/Brag About/Complain About your Team

Isn't the UP in Michigan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

when you get that far north you might as well be in Norway !
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

I'm just south of the UP.......populated by Yoopers! See the movie Fargo. That is NOT a Minnesota accent, it is yooper thru and thru! Yoopers refer to Wolverines in the southern part of the state as "Trolls"..........ie, they live under the bridge(Mackinaw Bridge)
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.

I would agree, that is NOT a Minnesota accent.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

125: Nic Bedelyon
    Returning AA who bonuses a ton and wrestles a great schedule. Made the R12 last year after an 8th place performance the year prior. I dont expect him to be in Title contention but he should man this weight well for me and be a solid performer

133: Frank Martelotti

A guy who I think will be very good and contend for AA honors if he gets back on the mat. Current scholarly thought has him out until 2nd semester.

133: Jordan Thome

A guy who I am more and more happy to have on my team as things unfold. For starters I ended up trading my backup 149 for him, which worked out pretty good since Lester ended up moving up to 157 (where he wouldn't have helped me). 2nd it appears more and more likely that Martelotti is out til 2nd semester, meaning I'll need the help. 3rd Thome's schedule is actually pretty ridiculous. Getting this guy is going to be a huge shot in the arm for my team

141: Hunter Stieber

He's no Logan, but he's a legit talent and I expect him to be in the hunt for AA honors this year. I watched him in the EMU finals and he looked like the real deal. Still has a lot of maturing and growing to do, but he is physically ready to compete with D1 guys

141: Kendric Maple
    One of my super-secret Sleepers for this year, Maple is best known for being an absolutely enormous 133 and knocking out Scotti Sentes from NCAAs 2 years ago. A redshirt year, a coaching upgrade, and a move up in weight, and I'm expecting big things from this guy. He is a pinner too

149: Dylan Ness
    One of the premier young stallions in my stable of young Talent, Dylan is going to have his work cut out for him trying to follow in his brothers footsteps, but by all accounts he will be up to the task. Dylan is more talented and dynamic on the feet then Jayson ever was and has the same pinning proclivity as his brother. I'm expecting a strong breakout year and an AA finish for Dylan

157: Josh Demas
    One of the few guys on my team that I am not 100% sold on, Demas none-the-less has signifcant upside and sleeper potential. He's very athletically gifted and is best known for racking up half a dozen takedowns on Matt Cathell before getting stuck last year in an open. I dont know if this year will be his year, but I expect he'll get on the podium at some point

157: Jed Moore
    Another wildcard pick, Moore had a strong freshman campaign but has been plagued by foot problems. Supposedly healthy now, I think he'll have a solid year. He probably won't be making AA this year but he has a good schedule and should score me plenty of points

165: David Taylor
    Magic man! I threw it all out there last year taking this guy in the 2nd round, and boy did it pay off. One of the most talented wrestlers of the last several years, I am looking forward to captaining him to his 1st title.

174: Nick Heflin
    He's not going to wow anyone with flashy moves, but Heflin is an all around solid wrestler that is well-positioned to AA in a weak 174 pound weight class.

184: Nate Schiedel
    This guy is fantasy gold and thats why he is on my team, pure and simple. He won 32 matches last year, 19 of which were by bonus, and he is favored to win his conference. He has a few notable wins over guys like Loder and an INJ default over Quentin, but mostly he is just around to score points.

197: Chris Honeycutt
    One of the obvious title contenders at this weight, I think Honeycutt is probably a step behind Simaz but a step ahead of everyone else. He wrestles a lot of matches, scores a fair amount of bonus, and should place highly in March. What more can you ask for?

197: Morgan Mcintosh
    Its possible I pulled the trigger a little too early on MM given the lack of reaction when I took him, but I still think I got insane value getting him in round 6. This guy is going to be the Ed Ruth of this year in terms of a guy people did not value highly enough who slipped very late. I think he is the real deal and expect him to compete for AA honors right out of the gate

HVY: Elijah Madison
    A D2 champ is nothing to sneeze at, especially when he transfers to a top tier D1 program. Elijah is no Ryan Flores in terms of hitting big moves, but he is a big big guy who knows how to use his weight well. He should be a strong AA contender in a weak heavyweight field.

HVY: Nick How-Do-You-Spell-My-Last-Name Gwazadowski
    This guy is a legitimate sleeper that I'm very happy to have picked up. Time will tell if he is ready to compete for a podium finish or not, but he will wrestle a lot of matches and likely pin a lot of people this year.
    Gold is an idiot.

125-morrison top 3 125 lber-Young won 28 matches last year
    133-Schopp had a great RS year 26-6
    141-Bonson is nails
    149-Parks and Vinson -Parks top5 Vinson undervalued
    157-Fleming -a tough kid -Nicholson-debuted after RS season and went 5-1
    165-Bekzod -good opening tournament-lost in fianls 3-4 to #4 165
    174-Ruth-nuff said
    184-Ihnen-2 points from AA
    Thoms 27-13 with unlimited potential
    197-Powless 39-8 last year AA should AA again
    285 Barlow-will AA this year
    Gibson-hope he gets his act together or hope Simonson gets back soon.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.