Thread: Who Should Zapp keep?

Default Who Should Zapp keep?

So, a few options, and without the Chat, I have to resort to this. Here are my options:

157: Kyle Dake, Cornell

Pros: Favorite for national championship and close to a lock for the Finals.

Cons: Not tons of bonus; costs a first round pick; could I get similar value by picking twice in the first 20 picks, rather than having to wait at least 20 picks before getting to pick my second wrestler?

133: Tony Ramos, Iowa

Pros: Costs only 15th round pick; favorite to start for Iowa; Finalist potential; potential jump from first year to second.

Cons: Not a huge amount of bonus; Will he be the starter?

285: Tony Nelson, Minnesota

Pros: Entrenched as the starter; Costs only 15th round pick; potential jump from 1st year to second

Cons: Not much bonus; Not a lock for conference finalists; not much shot at cracking NCAA finals.

My first thought is to go with either Nelson or Ramos. I'm willing to hear your thoughts, though.

Cons: Not much bonus; not a
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Default Re: Who Should Zapp keep?

Technically Ramos and Nelson would count as 13th round picks. When I refer to supplemental guys counting as 15th rounders I mean that they would count as though they were drafted in the 15th round in the initial draft.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Totally not my point. But understood.

I guess I could include Brandon Hatchett as well as a possibility, but I think he's definitely a class below.

Ok, so thoughts?
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Ramos . Hwt has a ton of talent ; 157 i'd look for a bonus guy-
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Given the state of his weight class and as cheap as he would come I'd keep Ramos.

Depending on who does and doesn't get kept, and how the draft order shakes out you may have a shot at getting Dake again anyway.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

133 is a wasteland zapp. Especially with Sentes probably redshirting as well.

I'd keep Ramos. Though I'm a big Nate Moore fan, I just don't see Nate getting by him.

If you're really freaked out about Ramos take Nelson, sure starter, almost guaranteed AA and potentially a top 3 finisher. As Russ mentioned heavy is deeper than 133.

I definitely wouldn't take Dake. No matter what draft position you have you won't get comparable value to Nelson or Ramos in the 13th.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Ramos is a windmill slam. Even if he doesn't start (which doesn't seem likely) he is only costing you your 13th pick. Whereas if something goes wrong with Dake you are getting boned out of your 1st round guy

133 is less deep then heavyweight and Ramos is probably better than Nelson relative to his weight class. He'll also bonus more and Iowa has a better schedule than Minnesota.

If last years Heavyweight AAs are any indication, your best off just picking some random fat guy and hoping to get lucky
    Gold is an idiot.

Us random fat guys are always hoping to get lucky!

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.