Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brag About your new Team!!!

Default Brag About your new Team!!!

125: Mustari
    Quality guy should win me a fair amount of matches and maybe 1 or 2 at nationals.

Confrence champ
    1-2 NCAA

133: Hochstrasser
    #6 pick is proving worthwhile investment, beaten ness and a lot of other 10-20ish guys so far on the year and looked very impressive I look for a good showing from him at NCAAs. He's gotten me a lot of points so far.

Confrence Champ
    3rd-6th NCAA

133: Danniel Dennis
    THe gamble of the draft for me, will he keep his spot? Will he even get time in my lineup considering I already have an AA calibur guy at 133? I dont know, but I'm hoping so. Dennis hasnt made a slatonesque impact yet, but he looks to be the #1 guy for now with Slatons weight issues, and I think he has AA potential if he holds onto the spot

Confrences 4th (Wont beat Gomez/Kennedy/Ness)
    ??? NCAAs (I dont know yet!)

141: Krom/Hernandez
    Krom isnt the standout I hoped for and he's had problems showing up to tournaments, with three guys drafted here I thought I'd be a lot stronger then I am, but I still think he could be an AA contender this year. Diaz is the only guy who can challenge him in the ACC and they will meet in a dual this year.

Confrence 1st-2nd
    2-2 NCAA (but darkhorse AA potential)

141: Hernandez
    He didnt exactly have a stellar vegas performance, but heck he was a 15th rounder and has gotten me 30 so far with 3 more matches this week. A former AA who I think overachieved that year he non-theless cant be counted out from a podium finish, especially they way things are looking at 141 this year.

Confrences Mid level finish
    3-2 NCAA (Darkhorse AA potential)

149: Darion Caldwell
    Looking like the #2 guy in the country (I think he beats Jenkins) massive amounts of bonus, wont beat metcalf but should be high on the podium. Almost every match he is in ends by fall.

Confrence Champ
    2nd-3rd NCAA

157: Gregor Gillespie
    Title contender for sure and undefeated so far this year, absolutely brutal on top has scored me lots of bonus. Beaten top guys like Vallimont, Hall, Moley so far. Will potentially see Leen at the scuffle and get a chance to avenge last years loss.

Confrence champ
    1st-5th NCAA

165: Moza Fay
    Has two wins over top guys at the weight, unfortunately thats ALL that he has and he's only gotten me 6 points so far... Still, he will be in the title hunt and hopefully get some falls for me in the coming months.

Confrence Champ
    1st-5th NCAA

174: Mike Miller
    This guy is Tough but man... he is 2-3 on the year so far for me! I'm really glad I got Jordan. CMU has an absurd schedule millers only losses have been to top 5 guys this year, he has a chance at making a low AA finish this year

Confrence Champ
    6th-8th NCAA

174: Raymond Jordan
    This dude is looking like a STUD down at 174, unfortunately he has a lot of tough matches ahead of him. I think like 5 of his 8 remaining duals are against ranked guys not to mention whoever he meets at midlands/national duals. He wont be seeing the lineup a ton until post-season but he'll provide much needed punch.

Confrence 1st-2nd
    NCAAs 1st-4th

184: Josh Patterson
    No matter what you guys say this kid is a stud... has pinned and tecched bomberger on the year, pinned craig, pinned a zillion other people. I'll be conservative in my ncaa picks for him but I wouldnt be surprised to see him on the podium

Confrence Champ
    3-2 NCAA (AA potential)

197: Tyrell Todd
    My one big question mark... Todd was a horse last year and I think he would have had a good shot at making the finals this year but with his knee injury its tough to say how he'll look. I'll be realistic and assume he wont be the same, but I still think he has a shot at the podium

Confrence mid-level finish
    2-2 NCAAS (If he looks good he will be an AA for sure)

197: Brandon Hasley
    My insurance on an injured todd, I dont really know what the deal is with orozoco and hasley but I'm assuming they'll both be at the scuffle. Because backups can start in confrences/ncaas/duals I should be fine here unless someone goes crazy and picks Riley just to piss me off.

Confrence Champ
    2-2 NCAAs (Darkhorse AA potential)

HVY: Justin Dobies
    My supposed mancrush, he hasnt had quite the results I was hoping for this year but he has still scored me plenty of points including leading the scoring one week. He looks like he has dropped the #1 spot in the ACC but thats ok because I have that guy too...

Confrence 2nd
    7th-R12 NCAAs

HVY: Konrad Dudziak
    THis guy has kind of appeared out of nowhere, at least on the college level, but he has had an amazing year so far. He's beaten pre-season favorite steele twice already and got robbed against Jake Rosholt in the finals of Reno. Definitely expecting a podium finish from Dudz and I hope he keeps doing what he's been doing so far.

Confrence Champ
    2nd-5th NCAA

So there you have it... Roughly 9 guys favored to win their confrences and another 2 or 3 who should at least make the finals.

6 Guys who have pretty strong odds at being high AA's
    3 of those guys who could win a title
    2 Returning AA's who moved up a weight and have darkhorse potential
    Several R12/Darkhorse AA level guys
    2 Giant question marks in Todd and Dennis

How about you guys?
    Gold is an idiot.

Default Re: Brag About your new Team!!!

125 Anthony Robles Arizona St.-Definately one of my most reliable picks this season. Has two tough losses to Iowa and ISU. However, I see nothing but upside from him.

Conference Champ and top 5 at NCAA's.

133 Jake Strayer Penn St-One tough SOB but will he be wrestling varsity when it counts? I sure hope so. Top 3 in conference and top 8 in NCAA's.

133-Kelly Kubec Oregon State-He was my outside pick for a shot at going to the NCAA's, However, OSU has a tough schedule this year and I don't think he was quite ready for it yet. He's gotten me some wins, but none against decent competition.

Conference top 4 and wild card for NCAA's

141 J Jaggers Ohio St.-What the hell is up with my top guy? I think the weight issue is really getting to him and it may get worse before it gets better. If he makes it to the NCAA's though, I see him having yet another great tournament.

Conference top 3 and top 5 NCAA's

141 Corey Jantzen Harvard-What to do here? I clearly have a problem with this weight as Jaggers is the returning champ and Jantzen has already beat Jaggers. Good problem to have though as I could go either way at the last second and make the other my flex.

Conference champ and top 3 NCAA's.

149 Kyle Terry Oklahoma- I definately feel better at this weight than I did before, since Medina has totally flaked out this season. Medina would've been a conference champ IMO in the ACC and now I have to settle for maybe a finalist. However, some wins are better than no wins at this point.

Conference top 3 and top 12 NCAA's.

157 Johnny B-B Hofstra-Nice trade for me here as I needed some points at this weight since Maryland wrestlers seem to be in complete disaray now. Could be a conference champ this year.

Conference top 3, 2-2 at NCAA's.

157 Hadley Harrison Clarion-This guy has a lot of upside for me as Clarion has a ton of duals coming up. Harrison could potentially make up a lot of points for me here.

Conference top 3, top 12 NCAA's.

165 Jon Reader ISU- Another solid weight for me. Reader looks to be top 3 this season.

Conference champ and top 3 NCAA's.

174 Chris Heinrich Virginia-Heinrich has been wrestling very well for me this year. I think he's a lot better than people give him credit for. Wrestling in a weak ACC will give him even more wins this season.

Conference champ and top 12 NCAA.

174 Shane Onufer Wyoming- He has been wrestling very well for a true freshman and in a weak conference, could be the shoe in for conference champ.

Conference champ, 2-2 at NCAA's.

184 Kyle Bressler Oregon St.-Bressler is having a decent season for my beloved Beavs. I'm hoping he has a great NCAA tournament, like several other Senior Beavs have had in the past under Jim Z.

Conference finalist and top 12 NCAA's.

197 Clayton Foster Okie St.-I was feeling real well about Foster this season until his recent Reno flop. All the talent in the world but doesn't seem to handle losses very well.

Conference champ and top 12 NCAA's(hopefully).

197-Chad Hanke Oregon State-I picked this guy simply because I know him personally and got the opportunity to coach him at West Jr's his senior year when he placed twice. Doesn't look like much of a wrestler physically, but he's got that Askren like funk skill that will get him a lot of wins in the future.

Conference top 4 and wild card for NCAA's.

285 David Zabriskie ISU-I really think he is the top HWT this season and Cael will have him ready when it counts.

Conference champ and NCAA finalist.
    Oregon Wrestling Forum www.theowf.net/the_owf

Don't you know who I am? I'm the JUGGERNAUT BIATCH!!

Your big problem is that you dont have very many "horses" or guys who have proven they are reliable and will place highly in march. Zabriskie and Reader are really the only guys I see where I would be shocked to see them not on the podium, Jaggers and Jantzen could both win 141 this year but they could just as easily DNP and they both have been pretty streaky in the past.

I like Robles chances to place also but because of his style its very possible he gives up some sloppy tds and gets ridden out by some lesser guys. If he can get on top he can turn anyone at 125, and if he can get in on a leg he can take most guys down, but if someone like Sanders can stop him from doing those things he will struggle.

I think 5th-8th is probably where he will end up
    Gold is an idiot.

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

125- Jarrod Garnett - VA Tech has the best schedule and he's gonna be one of the high scorers of the year. Conference Champ. Outside AA chance.

125- Owen - Let's see if the young buck will continue to improve upon his body bar championship

133- Rugg - The Gorrarian. Let's hope he does it right at Nationals. Remember he beat Colemant Scott and Mack Reiter last year. Conference Champ.

141- Accordino - Beat the piss out of Molinaro. Good shot at a conference title. In the AA mix in a wide open weight class. Dubuque says he's the biggest 141 in the country.

141 Bencivenga - Conference champ

149 Metcalf -psssh title town

157- Hamrah - good shot at conference champ

157- Winston - Good upside from scotty the body....damn leen, o'connor and dragon

157- Dragon - See above

165 - Mueller - Top 12 guy....conference champ

174 - Lucas - Conference champ...AA

184 - Caputo - Conference champ AA

197 -Bradshaw - Conference champ...good shot at AA

197 - Gardner - We'll see if he can turn it up

HWT - Hammond - Conference champ...good shot at AA

11 conference champs
    3 potential titles
    10 good shot AA

My slow season opener is what it is. This team is built for the 2nd half.
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

125: Charlie Falck
    133: Joe Baker
    141: Nick Gallick
    141: Mike Thorn
    141: Chris Diaz
    149: Lance Palmer
    157: Mike Poeta
    165: Luke Manuel
    174: Quentin Wright
    174: Hunter Meys
    184: Mike Pucillo
    184: Dorian Henderson
    197: Craig Brester
    197: Josh Arnone
    285: Tucker Lane

I've got 5 title contenders, and then 6 other guys (at minimum) who should be in contention to AA.

Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    Your big problem is that you dont have very many "horses" or guys who have proven they are reliable and will place highly in march. Zabriskie and Reader are really the only guys I see where I would be shocked to see them not on the podium, Jaggers and Jantzen could both win 141 this year but they could just as easily DNP and they both have been pretty streaky in the past.

I like Robles chances to place also but because of his style its very possible he gives up some sloppy tds and gets ridden out by some lesser guys. If he can get on top he can turn anyone at 125, and if he can get in on a leg he can take most guys down, but if someone like Sanders can stop him from doing those things he will struggle.

I think 5th-8th is probably where he will end up
    I feel the same way, but I see some darkhorses who may surprise at Nationals, Matt Gentry style.
    Oregon Wrestling Forum www.theowf.net/the_owf

Don't you know who I am? I'm the JUGGERNAUT BIATCH!!

My team will dominate grips in the post season, no worries there

I gotta admit Jensens is freaking stacked... gotta hope he doesnt make it or I might be in trouble
    Gold is an idiot.

Since LoSt clearly has this wrapped up and we all know nothing bad or disastrous EVER happens to his team,(cue the meltdown countdown) I will just post my team without all the fanfare. Other than Logan Brown, I actually think my guys will sustain these rankings or improve upon them as the year goes on.

125 Precin #3
    133 Ness #5
    141 Rader #4
    141 McLemore N/R
    149 Grajales #12
    149 Roberts #18
    149 Yates #20
    157 Moley #9
    165 Browne UR
    174 Cannon #6
    184 Craig UR
    184 LeBlanc #10
    197 Askren #4
    197 Brown #10
    Hwt Porter #10

Clearly no title favorites although I think my first three guys can get to the semi's and we will see from there. Lots of conference champs on the roster and tons of matches for the 2nd half which was my strategy.

Really glad we did the supplemental draft though because I did get a chance to check out some guys out West and got a chance to look up how well Virginia Tech is starting to look in their lightweights. Wow. Garnett, Diaz and Yates should be quite a tandem next year.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

141: Krom/Hernandez
    Krom isnt the standout I hoped for and he's had problems showing up to tournaments, with three guys drafted here I thought I'd be a lot stronger then I am, but I still think he could be an AA contender this year. Diaz is the only guy who can challenge him in the ACC and they will meet in a dual this year.

Confrence 1st-2nd
    2-2 NCAA (but darkhorse AA potential)

141: Hernandez
    He didnt exactly have a stellar vegas performance, but heck he was a 15th rounder and has gotten me 30 so far with 3 more matches this week. A former AA who I think overachieved that year he non-theless cant be counted out from a podium finish, especially they way things are looking at 141 this year.

Confrences Mid level finish
    3-2 NCAA (Darkhorse AA potential)

Too bad you down graded and let Kenny go, he's looking great and will walk through the WWC.