Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade

Default Re: Trade

I came to him w Amu for Salo and asked about a kicker that evened up the trade. Initial was #6 for #15. Amu is second ranked in PAC 10. Salopek is #1 in his conference. We swapped 149 conference champs but Vinson is a much better NCAA prospect. The rankings were 26 to 25.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

This has nothing to do with Lost's or Zapp's opinions on this trade (neither one of them has said a word to me about it).

As it is, in terms of the top four guys being exchanged in this deal Gofer is giving up three of them, and I don't feel like I'd be doing my duty as commisioner if I let this go through as is.

If you want to renegotiate another deal to swap some of the same principles that's fine, but this trade is a no go.

Read more: Trade
    Don't Be A Fish, Be A MatFish! Matfish.com

So now you want everyone's imput ?Or as you stated -''get 4 more ''-I do NOT care enough about this trade to get a petition started , yet you say in one instance no one's opinion matters yet on this occasion you want us to get a posse together ?

It's funny that I have been accused of giving 3 different people the championship which positioning myself for the playoffs. The individual trades have all been legitimate and I don't think there is one guy on here who would say I screwed or vice versa. I have said from day 1 that I am building for conference week. I knew it from the day after the draft. On day 1 I had Oliver and Kilgore. Now I have Robles and Ruth. Along the way I now have 10 projected finalists for conference week and Tony Nelson at heavyweight. I have legit AAs at 125, 133, 149, 165, 174 and hheavyweight. I'm pleased and have the #3 overall supplemental pick. This is a much better team then I drafted with still some trade bait. Don't feel sorry for me.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    This has nothing to do with Lost's or Zapp's opinions on this trade (neither one of them has said a word to me about it).

As it is, in terms of the top four guys being exchanged in this deal Gofer is giving up three of them, and I don't feel like I'd be doing my duty as commisioner if I let this go through as is.

If you want to renegotiate another deal to swap some of the same principles that's fine, but this trade is a no go.

So now you want everyone's imput ?Or as you stated -''get 4 more ''-I do NOT care enough about this trade to get a petition started , yet you say in one instance no one's opinion matters yet on this occasion you want us to get a posse together ?
    I think his point is he made an executive decision when he's disassociated from the trade, but since he's involved in this one, he's letting the people decide. Seems fair to me.

You guys are sounding awfully butthurt over your first trade getting shot down. Congrats on "setting your team up for Conferences", but 6 possible AA's (and most of those being borderline candidates) isn't going to get it done at NCAAs when Russ has 9 and Lost has 10 (and even I have 8). It wasn't just Jensen that shot your trade down, other people, myself included obviously, thought it was bad.
    Last edited by Zapp Brannigan; 02-09-2011 at 03:13 PM.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post

I can't unilaterally overrule a trade that I'm a part of.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Zapp I didn't complain about yesterday's ruling. I made a comment and moved on. I've not always agreed w Shane but have always given him his respect. I'm not gonna win but I may come closer than I had with my initial draft. I play for fun, turn in my line up on time, try to be respectful and I like to trade. Which one of my 6 don't you think will AA? Then tell me yours have a better shot.

125: Jarrod Garnett
    133: Tony Ramos
    141: Boris Novachkov
    149: Kyle Dake
    157: Derek St. John
    174: Jon Reader
    197: Cam Simaz
    HWT: Jarod Trice

Heck, even Grant Gambrall has an outside shot at AA.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Yep, pretty sweet.

Robles, Ruggerillo, Vinson, Sponseller, Ruth, Nelson

Dark Horse: #11 Kemmerer, #12 Gaethje, #12 John,

For what it is worth, this trade is ok with me!
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.