Thread: Fantasy Duals (Rankings Based on 11/15 D1 College Wrestling.net)

Default Fantasy Duals (Rankings Based on 11/15 D1 College Wrestling.net)

Im bored it appears. I decided to add a new element. When one wrestler is ranked more than 10 places higher than another we add the element of a major decision. When there is 20 places or a top five against an UR, we add a fall. Otherwise went with straight rankings.

Gofer's Raders v LoSt
    125 #4 Bedelyon v #Patterson (3-0) Raders
    133 #2 Oliver v UR Morrill (9-0) Raders
    141 #11 Drouin v Villalonga (13-0) Raders
    149 #12 Gillespie v #5 LeValley (13-3) Raders
    157 #5 Sponseller v #8 Taylor (16-3) Raders
    165 #7 Gillespie v #9 Winston (19-3) Raders
    174 #8 Giffen v #1 Lewnes (19-6 Raders)
    184 #16 Rebertus v #17 Clymer (22-6 Raders) ......#1 Kirk Smith out
    197 #10 Biondo v #11 Brown (25-6 Raders)
    Hwt #5 Berhow v #8 Flores (28-6 Raders)

Thats funny as there are at LEAST 7 matches that could go either way here making this a MUCH closer dual on the mat. (125, 149, 157, 165, 184 ,197 and Heavyweight)

I was too lazy to see if some of these match-ups had already occurred and if so, then the nod goes to the victor from the previous match-up regardless of ranking. (Gillespie-LeValley?, Lewnes-Giffen dec., Biondo-Brown?, Berhow-Flores?)
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Default Re: Fantasy Duals (Rankings Based on 11/15 D1 College Wrestling.net)

Taylor would beat sponseller. Lewnes would at least major giffin rebertus and clymer are =... thats in my opinion
    I shoot, I score. He shoots, I score
    -Dan Gable

You could be right on all fronts. Taylor and Sponseller have yet to meet though, Lewnes only dec. Giffin in their last bout and with Reberus and Clymer, I just went with the rankings. I actually have Kirk Smith there so in a month that becomes a little bit more clear cut.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Gratuitous bump...