Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pointless Trades

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

Default Pointless Trades

Not one match wrestled yet. I'd like to check the value with a few live matches first.
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

Default Re: Pointless Trades

I think some people are getting a little bent out of shape about trades. I just want to try to explain in my mind why some of it is happening.

1. Alot of time between draft and first week.
    2. Three of my guys I drafted changed weights.
    3. Holes started to appear and people are reacting.
    4. Schedules were not all complete when the draft came out.
    5. Wrestle-offs continue to happen and weights are shaking out.

I'm not just trading to be trading. I feel I have a strategy for this year and I am trying to go with that if the opportunity exists. None of my traded are of the three week type. I am trying to solidify my team as scheduled start to become more clear.
    Last edited by goferphan; 10-30-2010 at 01:35 PM.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

I think you created a hole at 33. Any Okey st. wrestler has to be backed up. Horrible schedule. Plus JO is going to All star.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I don't think one guy at one weight is going to be an issue...I've improved my schedules at 125, 149, 157, and 184 since the initial draft. I see your point but overall I think I have more matches and I feel pretty good about my bench.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Isn't Ryan Mango the type of guy you said you were going to avoid? Someone who is just going to be a regular season point scorer?

A few of the trades I've made were to look out for other guys -Wiltz didn't have an 84 and Snackem didn't have a 97 -a few more were like this -but i am in this league to have fun -and if the situation arises I will do the same thing .
    Have I bettered my team doing this -probably not -but I haven't destroyed it yet either .
    Besides -the supplemental draft is coming and I can guarantee I'll be using all of my picks .

I think Mango has as good or a better schedule than Santaite. I think 125 is not as deep as 133, I think Mango has a better shot in a better fantasy conference to make the finals with Robles and Lara then Santaite does against King Lou and Hutter. Mango is right there with Lara. Good enough explanation?

Why would you even draft Santaite in the first place unless you somehow thought he was going to be good?

And if you thought he was going to be good, why would you trade him before the season even started?
    Gold is an idiot.

I could ask you that about half your team LoSt. I thought I had explained my reasons for trading above. Maybe you didn't see it?

Why would you draft the fourth best wrestlers in a conference at 125 and 197? I am sure you had good reasons for it.

I guess I'm not sure why we are debating the merits of trading. If you dont' want so many trades next year its easy enough to make a rule or set up a waiver wire right?
    Last edited by goferphan; 10-31-2010 at 02:17 PM.