Said they were coming, and here they are. Let me know if I've missed anything or if you have any questions about what I have down here thus far.
Definitely would like to hear some feedback about the inclusion or non inclusion of the tournaments I have down right now. I've got (Maybe Not) in parentheses next to the ones that I'm considering dropping.
1. 14 teams in the league. 15 wrestlers per team. You start 11 wrestlers each week, one guy from each weight 125-285 and then a flex guy from any weight you choose who will be eligible to score points at whatever weight he wrestles.
2. No head to head, scoring is based on total points. Regular season runs through the week of conference tournaments. The top 4 teams after the conference tournament will advance to the playoffs during NCAA's, the two highest scoring teams during the conference week who finish that week outside of the top 4 will also advance to NCAA's.
3. 3 points for a win by decision, 4 for a major, 5 for a tech, 6 for a pin/dual meet forfeit/injury default
4. All dual meets count for points. We'll also count the All Star match, Kauffman Brand, Las Vegas, Reno, Midlands, Scuffle, PSU Open, MSU Open, NC State Open (Maybe not), Body Bar, Navy Classic (Maybe not), Brockport, EMU Open (Maybe not), Binghamton Open (Maybe not), Missouri Open, and PSACS.
5. Wrestlers who win the Vegas, Reno, Midlands, and Scuffle tournaments will get a ten point bonus added to those scores for the week. Wrestlers who finish second in those tournament will get five bonus points.
6. Wrestlers who win the Big 10 or Big 12 tournaments will get 16 bonus points, runners up in those tournaments will get 12 points. Wrestlers who win OW at those tournaments will get 5 points. All other conferences will carry a 12 point bonus for winning the tournament and an 8 point bonus for second.
7. The Hodge Winner, the NCAA OW, and the Gorrarian Winner also receive 5 bonus points.
8. Trades are permitted, free agency isn't. There will be a trade deadline of 2/17
9. Supplemental will be back in its standard format.
10. If you're returning to the league you'll be able to keep a wrestler from your roster last year. If you keep a wrestler he counts as your first round pick.
11. The back up rule/weight bump rule will be the same as it was last year. If your wrestler bumps up a weight class in a dual meet and wins you get his points. If your wrestler sits out a dual and his back up wins and no one has his back up you'll get points there so long as no one else has the back up on their team. If your wrestler bumps up and loses but his back up wins you don't get the back up's points no matter who has the back up.
12. Back ups will still be eligible for tournaments. Like last year though you'll have to specifically declare the back up as your guy the points won't be automatic. The one exception for this will be conference week where you'll automatically get back up points if your guy sits out and his back up isn't on anyone else's team.
13. If your wrestler beats a guy in the Intermat Top 20 at a tournament that we don't score you'll get points for that. I'll do my best to track those results down but its in your own best interest to bring those results up to me if they happen
14. If you trade a guy away and for some reason experience buyers remorse you'll have to wait three weeks to get him back.
15. We'll use official tournament scoring for NCAA's again. This is the only tournament where we'll use this system.
1. We're revamping how we arrange the draft order after the first two rounds. Over the last two years we've done a random redraw after each team has two wrestlers. This year in the third round the non keepers will go first in their already established order then the keepers will be tacked on behind them in their already established order.
2. Starting on 2/18 (day after the trade deadline) and running concurrent with the last week of the dual season we will have a second supplemental draft. This will function just like the December version except it will only be 1 round. If you'd like you will be able to use your draft choice in this supplemental as trade bait just like in the December version.
1. dutch134 (Replacing Stiffy)
2. Snackem (Replacing ISU who informed me that he won't be returning)