Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008/2009 TWT Fantasy League Rules

Default 2008/2009 TWT Fantasy League Rules

Finalized rules can be seen below...

1. 14 teams in the league. 15 wrestlers per team. You'll start 11 wrestlers per week, one guy at each weight from 125-285 and then a "flex" guy from any weight you choose who will be eligible to score points at whatever weight he wrestles.

As of right now returning owners will have the opportunity to keep one of their guys from last year. If they do this they'll basically sacrifice their first round pick as well as draft position. In the first round, all the non-keepers will pick. Then I'll distribute the kept guys to those who are keeping. Then I'll have the non-keepers pick again, only then will the keepers get to pick.

If that makes some semblance of sense.

2. There isn't going to be head to head during the regular season. The standings will go strictly by total points scored.

The regular season will run up through Conferences. After Conferences the 4 highest scoring teams will advance to the finals during NCAA's, and we're also going to take two wild cards this year.

These wild cards will be the two highest scoring teams during Conference week that wouldn't already be going to the next round anyway. Come NCAA's I'll wipe the scores clean and it'll be a 6 way scramble for the championship.

3. 3 points for a decision, 4 for a major, 5 for a tech, and 6 for a pin. This season we'll be doing away with the bonus for beating a #1 guy as it was too hard to keep track of.

4. All team dual meets will count as scoring events, as will the main event of the All Star meet. The Kauffman Brand, Vegas, Reno, Midlands, and Scuffle tournaments will return this year as scoring events.

This year we'll be adding the Penn State Open, the Michigan State Open, the Body Bar Invitational, the PSAC's, the NC State Open, the Navy Classic, and the Fullerton Open tournaments.

5. As a method of dealing with the "third place guy scores more than the champ" problem that we had with some tournaments last year, for the five returning tournaments the 1st, and 2nd place finishers will get 10 and 5 bonus points respectively.

6. Speaking of bonus points, during conference week you'll get 16 bonus points for a conference champion, and 12 for a runner up. During NCAA's your wrestler's placement points will count as bonus.

7. Trades are permitted pending my approval (I don't think I said no to any last year), free agency however isn't. To deal with the problem we faced last year, you'll be able to replace one of your starters with his "back up" if and only if that back up isn't already on someone else's team.

The Supplemental draft we had last year will return as well. For those that don't know what that basically is is during the break in competition during the second and third week of December we'll have a three round optional draft where you can get rid of guys who are out for the year or just haven't performed. The team with the lowest score in the league will get the first pick in the supplemental.

8. We aren't doing money this year, only two people wound up paying last year and dealing with PayPal sometimes is a pain.

Champions
    07/08: Trusty
    Last edited by JensenS; 09-25-2008 at 06:59 PM.

Default Re: 2008/2009 TWT Fantasy League Official Rules/Pre Draft Discussion

Let me know if you're keeping a guy, and if you are who you're keeping. Once I hear from everyone I'll generate a draft order and explain how the draft is going to go.

1. Jensen: No keeper
    2. Trusty: Angel Escobedo
    3. Grips: Brent Metcalf
    4. Gofer: Jayson Ness
    5. Wiltz: No keeper
    6. Lost: Darrion Caldwell
    7. Mojo: Jake Varner
    8. Eazee: Hudson Taylor
    9. Avallone: Jared Rosholt
    10. ISU: No keeper
    11. TLV: Dallas Herbst
    12. Wrastler: J. Jaggers
    13. Stiffy: Dustin Schlatter
    14. Dart Shark: No keeper
    Last edited by JensenS; 09-17-2008 at 10:42 PM.

I think I am starting fresh this year.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

I'll keep my champ......Escooobeeedoooo!

me no keep
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I went and put guys down for Grips and Gofer already since they've already made it known that they want to keep them.

I figure I'll throw up the way I'm going to do the draft, just so it no one gets surprised and flips out because they think they made a bad decision.

I'm going to do a random draw for everyone that isn't keeping guys and then do two rounds of drafting in a snake order.

Then I'm going to do a random draw for everyone that is keeping a guy and have them pick up their second guy.

At this point everyone will have two wrestlers on their team. Then I'm going to do one last draw with everyone in the pool this time to figure out the order for rounds 3-15.

Once we have that order we'll proceed the rest of the way in normal snake style.

I'll keep DS. Hopefully he'll be healthy this year and score me some major points.
    Curtis Chenoweth
    wannabe national champ headed to a new home:walkman:

Put Rosholt down for me.
    http://www.youtube.com/TonyAvallone
    Dad of Karissa 155lb Varsity College Freshman