Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rule Changes for Next Year

Default Re: Idea for next years fantasy league.

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Lets do it. I think its a great idea.
    Didnt you trade Max askren for a d2 aa already this year?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Default Re: Rule Changes for Next Year

I'll get the scores finalized here in the next few days (preferably when I see the media sheet with the scores to make things really easy) but I want to start to try and turn my attention to this thread.

The two main things that we're definitely going to do a little differently next year both involve the draft.

First of all we're going to make the change relating to Keeper's draft position that I detailed earlier in the thread.

Second we're going to start the draft later probably in the middle of October which will give us two weeks before our usual 10/30'ish start date.

I'm with Shane on this one...........how do you integrate DII/DIII results into DI??? No insult intended, but that is like comparing the NFL to NFL Europe........the level of competion is generally not the same except for open tourneys. You simply have to look at the great careers that the former Gophs have down the street at Augsberg.
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.

One other thing I'm probably going to do next year is to finally add the Missouri Open, and then we'll pick the PSAC's back up again as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    One other thing I'm probably going to do next year is to finally add the Missouri Open, and then we'll pick the PSAC's back up again as well.
    I am a firm believer THAT if you are wrestling it should count -no matter how lame the tournament -EVERY team has a least a tri or a quad against Bubba Gump U or some such power house program . WTH , if your guy gets his knee ripped out at the Mizzou open THAT will count so why not if he pins 3 people ?

I agree with Russ...............a your guy is on the mat wrestling against outside competition, it should count no matter where the tourny or the general level of competition.
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.

Easy to say when you're not in charge of finding results.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

I agree, the results are tough to find. I think as long as Jensens lays out clearly the scored tournaments, then we just need to do our due diligence in researching schedules. With the two that he added, I might consider adding a Missouri wrestler to my line-up next year. As for this year, they and Iowa State other than their top guys, were persona non-grata.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

To find the results you need only go to THAT wrestler's home school's website and the results will be there . That or track wrestling covers nearly every tournament in the world .
    I mean , ISU and Mizzou have a few kids everyone would like to have but not if only 20 of their matches count . And if we do decide to go JensenS' route we'd have to delay the draft until after ALL schedules come out . VT went from nearly 50 matches to barely 30 last year -a huge difference .