Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Trade

Default Re: Trade

I called for trade rules last year and when they went unheeded, I used the system to help myself knowing full well it needs to be closed. I think Jensens should be rewarded for drafting a guy like Martinez. He was a high teen ranking at best and now could possibly AA. You would see guys like Martinez go in the draft before a guy like Jarrod King perhaps. You would obviously need more than 150 basis points or a new numbering system but you get the general idea. You could also go with 12 wrestlers if you wanted to if that is all you could carry on your roster and keep it under the cap.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

I do like the idea of rewarding people for picking sleepers, which is part of the reason I was arguing for a different kind of keeper system.

I think my biggest problem is that these rules we play under work very well and all of us are used to them, so I think making a radical change to the entire system would be pretty tough. It would have to basically be a brand new league for such a thing to work
    Gold is an idiot.

So if I can come up with intriguing ideas (I think I was the one who brought up the supplemental draft to begin with?) why can't I be trusted to make my own trades?
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by Dart Shark View Post
    Agree with vaisforlovers ... Steele is in fact registered for the Scuffle (as in Epperly). But as much as Matt has high ability, he's again, not a national championship contender in the weight, whereas Steele (all points vaisforlovers made) would now be immediately rankable in the Top 5-10 should he place favorably at the Scuffle.

I'm all for a fair league here, I'm not accusing anyone of collusion to prevent our resident insomniac from winning again, but that trade just reeeeeeks. Glad some bit of rational thought has entered the discussion.
    Well, part of that is true -but if I had wanted to make the trade JensenS approved it and said twice that the trade was ok with him -I never wanted that deal-if I did I would have Steele . PERIOD .Gopher asked me to do him a favor and offered me my choice of Steele or Triggas -I have Esco-so I chose Steele -and as for not being lambasted I have to call BS on that . Check Vais ' comments on Gold's side .Where he claims all I do is take advantage of the last place guy .(gopher)
    Every trade I have made on this board has been at another parties request .
    Why this thread is still running is beyond me . i took the guy I wanted thanks to JensenS -had that not happened you can bet your ass I'd have Steele and trade him immediately .

So who has Steele now? I'm really confused.

You.. until you trade him for someones used condom
    Gold is an idiot.

How did this turn in to a conversation on your reason for being here today?