Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggested Amendments to this Years Fantasy Rules

Default Suggested Amendments to this Years Fantasy Rules

#1 Tournament Scoring for NCAA's

I think Jensens has already agreed to this one, and I think its inexcusable to do it any other way.

#2 New Keeper rule
    There has been some discussion of this in the other thread, I advocate a split system that I dont think Jensens likes. I think there should at least be more discussion on this even if we end up with the same system,

#3 New Bonuses
    Hodge Winner: +5
    Outstanding Wrestler of NCAA's: +3
    Gorrian Award: +2
    Outstanding Wrestler of B10: +5
    Outstanding Wrestler of B12: +5 (These give conference week boost to B10/B12 guys who are typically very inferior at conferences)

#4 Statistic Awards

Grips Proposed some of these last year, these aren't required or anything just some ideas for fluff

Most Weeks won
    Wrestler who lead weekly scoring the most times
    Most points in one week (Basically whoever wins Midlands :P)
    Highest Average weekly placement
    Gold is an idiot.

Default Re: Suggested Amendments to this Years Fantasy Rules

Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    #1 Tournament Scoring for NCAA's

I think Jensens has already agreed to this one, and I think its inexcusable to do it any other way.
    The most feasible "other" way to do this would probably to give astronomic bonuses to a guy who makes the finals, but yes we'll do tourney scoring for NCAA's this year. Confirmed.

#2 New Keeper rule
    There has been some discussion of this in the other thread, I advocate a split system that I dont think Jensens likes. I think there should at least be more discussion on this even if we end up with the same system,
    I put my thoughts on this in the other thread already.

#3 New Bonuses
    Hodge Winner: +5
    Outstanding Wrestler of NCAA's: +3
    Gorrian Award: +2
    Outstanding Wrestler of B10: +5
    Outstanding Wrestler of B12: +5 (These give conference week boost to B10/B12 guys who are typically very inferior at conferences)
    I have no problem with any of these and I actually like the idea. The one problem would be with the Hodge since it isn't officially awarded until a little bit after the tournament.

Unless someone has a catastrophic problem with these I'll include them in the finalized version of the rules here in the next few days.

#4 Statistic Awards

Grips Proposed some of these last year, these aren't required or anything just some ideas for fluff

Most Weeks won
    Wrestler who lead weekly scoring the most times
    Most points in one week (Basically whoever wins Midlands :P)
    Highest Average weekly placement
    I actually keep track of the first three things on here already.

I kept a tally of who won how many weeks the first year we did this, then last year when I tracked the highest scorer of the week I got information on the second two.

I don't remember who (if anyone) lead in scoring multiple times and unfortunately the spreadsheet that I used last year has been lost to the sands of time. If you really want to figure it out you should be able to do so in our standings thread from last year.

Hudson Taylor put up the highest scoring overall week last year with 41 points at NCAA's, but since he was on Eazee's team and Eazee didn't make the playoffs that technically didn't mean anything.

The most points anyone got from one wrestler when it actually counted were the 40 points that Mojo got from Steve Luke at the Las Vegas tournament.

"Hudson Taylor put up the highest scoring overall week last year with 41 points at NCAA's, but since he was on Eazee's team and Eazee didn't make the playoffs that technically didn't mean anything."

One of the events that made me roar and gnash my teeth about tourney scoring

I was thinking most points for an entire team in a week, but really that would just be whoever wins Midlands week so I guess its kind of moot.
    Gold is an idiot.

Another thing, I feel like we did +10 and +5 last year for conference champs, but this year I notice you propose +16 and +12.

I feel like thats too high of a bonus and penalizes b12 guys way too heavily. Our league is already skewed towards Non b10/b12 guys as it is.
    Gold is an idiot.

10 and 5 were the bonuses for the regular tournaments (UNO, Vegas, Reno, Midlands, Scuffle) that we gave bonus for. It was 16 and 12 for conferences last year as well.

In reference to your other question, you hold the record for most points scored in a non Conference/NCAA week with 237 last year during the Midlands/Scuffle week.

237 for regular season
    271 for NCAA's

Hard to imagine those ever being broken, especially the NCAA one. Man my team was stacked

I'd still suggest lowering +16 and +12, maybe +12 and +8 if you want to keep the bonuses higher then regular season tourneys. I feel like +16 and +12 is such a massive advantage for guys from smaller conferences, especially considering the wildcard rules.
    Gold is an idiot.

One of the reasons I had/have the bonuses set that high is to avoid the "3rd place scores more than 1st or 2nd" conundrum that everyone hated during the first year.

Perhaps I'll do two levels of bonuses, use 16/12 for Big10/12 and then use 12/8 or something else for all other conferences.

Yeah I hear you about the 3rd place thing

I could possibly get behind splitting for the b10/b12, I'd probably want to look at some numbers from last year first to check the math though.
    Gold is an idiot.

I vote against anything Lost thinks is a good idea.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...