Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012/2013 Draft: Best and worst

Default 2012/2013 Draft: Best and worst

Not including keepers. Looking at overall value relative to draft position

Round 1: Best: Kendric Maple-Next to last pick got an undefeated national champion. Nice job GBR
    Worst: Matt McDonough-Herkey. DNP at the 4th overall pick. Can't blame you for taking him, but man he was not productive. I thought Tiger took Ness too early, but at least he placed/scored.

Round 2: 3 Champs taken this round. Jesse was taken latest, so I'll go with him. Good pick RD
    Worst: Andrew Alton-Gold. Suspended a lot of the year, and mediocre the rest of it. Total bust for Au.

Round 3: I took Storley with the last pick of this round. I think it was the best pick.
    Worst: Tie in my mind. Cam Tessari by Whippet and Sentes by RD.

Round 4: Ben Bennett was a pretty good pick by Buck.
    Worst: Tie between Shelton Mack and Nikko Triggas by Yak and whippet respectively. Didn't understand these picks at the time and they never panned out like you thought they might.

Round 5: Mike McMullan was an awesome pick for round 5 by RD. Nice job. Tiger getting Kokesh this round was another really good one.
    Worst: Andrew Campolattano by Gold was pretty bad. Bonanno didn't pan out at all for GBR.

Round 6: I got Garnett this round! Pretty solid pick after looking at everyone elses. Good bonus guy, won conference and placed 6th. KR had a nice pick with Hernandez here as well.
    Worst: Levi Mele, Kenny Courts and Joe Colon by Gold, Yak and Herkey respectively. Almost no production from these guys.

Round 7: Yak got Dieringer this round. Good job.
    Worst: Anthony Zanetta by Ga Coach. He didn't wrestle. Mario Mason by Buck is probably worse. He might as well have not wrestled..

Round 8: How the F did we let Matt Wilps fall this far?! He was 4th the year before right? Is that for real? Good job Buck. Also nice job by Herkey getting Meeks this round.
    Worst: Justin Accordino and Grant Gambrall by GaCoach and Yak.

Round 9: Jon Morrison by Thaxton. Awesome pick.
    Worst: Dom Kastl by RD and Casey Newburg by Whippet.

Round 10: I got Port this round! NCAA finalist in rd 10 wins it.
    Worst: Theilke didn't wrestle, and Oscar Huntley didn't start. Buck and Gold's pick.

Round 11: Gold got Henderson here, nice one.
    Worst: Mike Morales: KR

Round 12: Man, I thought my boy Brewer would be the best pick here as a FR AA(7) but Gold took Thomusseit, and Buck took Gadson, both were great.
    Worst: Kaleb Friedley and Jordan Thome by Thaxton and RD.

Round 13: Steve Santos: COULDNT BE HAPPIER. 3rd place in rd 13 by me.
    Worst: Tyler Small by Buck, Craig Eifert by Yak.

Round 14: Max Thomusseit by Gold. Good pick.
    Worst: Jake Kemerer by Herkey.

Round 15: Mark Ballweg by Yak. Looked like an AA most of the year.
    Worst: I'm not even going to pick one. Lots of these guys are bad. There's like 5 guys who didn't do crap(Longendyke, my pick being one of them).

Round 16: Taylor Massa by GBR. Took a gamble that he wouldn't RS and he won. Boyle was a nice pick by Thaxton too.
    Worst: Miller and Gulibon I guess since they redshirted.

Good job by and large. If someone can help me figure out how we let Wilps fall so far, I'd appreciate it..
    Worst: Ian Miller
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Default Re: 2012/2013 Draft: Best and worst

I'm not that lucky (or good).......Wilps was my keeper

Quote Originally Posted by buckvader View Post
    Ok, good. He wasn't blue on the form, so I didn't know.

I feel better now.

Quote Originally Posted by buckvader View Post
    With a helping hand advising you !! Beyacccch
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post

Round 3: I took Storley with the last pick of this round. I think it was the best pick.
    Worst: Tie in my mind. Cam Tessari by Whippet and Sentes by RD.

Round 4: Ben Bennett was a pretty good pick by Buck.
    Worst: Tie between Shelton Mack and Nikko Triggas by Yak and whippet respectively. Didn't understand these picks at the time and they never panned out like you thought they might.

Round 9: Jon Morrison by Thaxton. Awesome pick.
    Worst: Dom Kastl by RD and Casey Newburg by Whippet.
    Selected with my heart on the tOSU guys. Both were AA's. Cam last year and Triggas 2 years ago before taking a year off to try for Olympics.

Newburg was a semi educated guess. Looked at pins, TF, and MD from last year hoping to score some bonus points with someone in a weight class that I needed someone in. Didn't hurt that he wrestles for an Ohio College. Huge let down!

Quote Originally Posted by Whippet#2 View Post
    Selected with my heart on the tOSU guys. Both were AA's. Cam last year and Triggas 2 years ago before taking a year off to try for Olympics.

Newburg was a semi educated guess. Looked at pins, TF, and MD from last year hoping to score some bonus points with someone in a weight class that I needed someone in. Didn't hurt that he wrestles for an Ohio College. Huge let down!
    It was a learning year. I didn't even finish my first year in this league.

It was a learning year. I didn't even finish my first year in this league.
    all I can say was I had a great start and everything went downhill from there.

I must have sent VAIS a hundred trade requests as he wasn't using King Lou and Lou Rug was pinning everyone he saw-I'm glad VAIS saw the light and realized where the true joy in life lay.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Round 16: Taylor Massa by GBR. Took a gamble that he wouldn't RS and he won.
    Worst: Miller and Gulibon I guess since they redshirted.
    I took a gamble and won but regretted the pick as soon as I made it. Regret it more now. My plan was to take a guy I thought no one else heard of and I heard a lot about. That was Nahshon Garrett. At the last second I decided to go with Massa instead because I didn't really like Yohn or Greisheimer at 165 and thought I was solid enough with Bonanno and Rappo at 125. Bad decision.