Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VAisforlovers no-spin-zone-roster evaluation

Default VAisforlovers no-spin-zone-roster evaluation

Starting off with My very own Buffalo Bills.

125-Jarrod Garnett-Nabbed him in kind of a weird part of the draft. 6th round is decent value for Jarrod. Pinned Delgado last year and is going to be hungry as a senior. If I had known I'd get Soto in the 14th I might not have taken him. But he's got a great schedule, great bonus, will win his conference, and I think he gets on the podium this year. That's good value for rd 6.

Nick Soto-Had my eye on him all along, but figured someone would see the value I did in him at 25(where he should have been all along). Amazing schedule. Will destroy the So. Con, and has very good upside. Not sure how long he's on my team, he might get moved, but I'll be glad to have him throughout.

133-Ramos-Wished and hoped Tony would fall to me, and thankfully he did. 133 scared me past Dardanes/Sentes and I knew I'd have to take one of them earlier than I'd want. So getting a quality 33 was a priority. I love Tony and think he gets 2nd at WORST.

Cody Brewer-My favorite sleeper of the whole draft. I think he's awesome.

Jimmy Gulibon-looking at some of the other 33's that were drafted, I figured if Jimmy wrestles I'll have some really nice trade bait for those people who drafted the Geoff Alexanders of the world(just an example). If he doesn't wrestle, that's why we have add/drops.

141-Nevinger-Never thought I'd get him because typically returning AA's get over-valued and taken too early. Round 8 is amazing value for a guy with as many quality wins as he had. JO leaving the weight bumps him up another spot too. Bonus.

Port-He was the best guy available at the time, as I wasn't ready to draft my sleepers yet. Awesome sched. Conf champ. Good wrestler coming off a solid r12 freshman season.

149-Santos-Sigh. Really felt like Nick Brascetta would last through round 9. I was wrong by 1 spot so I wound up with Santos in round 13 which is actually awesome value for a r12 guy with wins over Vinson, Mason, Habat, Bradley and Villalonga. He's not amazing, but he's better than a lot of guys and at rd 13 I couldn't be happier.

157-Dong-5th round may seem early for Jesse, but I HATED any of the other options at 157 and knew Jesse at WORST will be a great bonus guy, nice conference and nice schedule. I'd be surprised if he didn't aa this year. There were better overall guys in rd 5, but not at 57. So I was glad to have him.

165-Graham-Really wanted Evans but Gold tragically over-valued him, so it wasn't meant to be. This is not a deep weight and I really did not have any sleepers that I trusted to man the weight solo. Graham had some really nice wins, is in a nice training environment with an awesome coach.

174-Storley-Was thrilled to get Logan in the 3rd. Big upside guy. Hit the semis as a true freshman. Only going to get better. Potential finalist.

184-ED RUTH-YOU MAD BRO?

197-Quentin Wright-I fantasized about getting Tony and Q with my first two picks. I got him. He's the only person in my mind with a shot to beat Kilgore and he's on my team. I've been through the ups and downs with Quentin and it's only right he is with me again as he rides into the sunset.

Haynes-This dude is super good. 7th round he was an amazing pick. He teched powless last year. Owned Rosholt 10-4(who was drafted before him), majored Yohn and beat him solidly another time and a win over Burak(who also went a round earlier) 6-0. One of the best value picks of the draft.

285-Cooper-I've made fun of Cooper in the past, but he's an all american and was r12 last year. Wins over Zach Rey, Gwiaz x 2, Myers, Gibson and Chalfant(who went in same round). He has an awesome schedule and is a talented guy. Couldn't believe he slipped so far.

Longendyke-He's just a big strong athlete. Nice RS year. Great upside. Tough conference. We'll see.

I am happy with my team and they're all still undefeated.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Default Re: VAisforlovers no-spin-zone-roster evaluation

Now Buckvader

125-Thorn-You took the wrong 33 lber cutting down to 125. Thorn(who lost to Soto) went in the 7th round, is going to get massacred by McD and is in a brutal conference in general. I got Soto in the 14th and he has better conf/schedule and is potentially just a better wrestler. 7 rounds later. 7 rounds. later. Than Thorn.

Shane Young-As long as he doesn't run into: Isaac Romero, Kasey Garnhart or Sean Boylan he's going to have an awesome year.

133-Dardanes-Nice pick for round 3. Surprised he lasted that long. He's probably number 3 at this weight. He's beaten Stieber which is more than Tony can say at this point(of course Tony also owns him). Good job here.

Theilke-I targeted Jesse as a late sleeper. He's a horse, and a really good athlete needs a takedown. He's pretty much all counter on his feet(you'll see) and he's good on top. He's been training greco a lot, so I valued Brewer more than him. We will see as he's an absolute stud physically. 10th round is ok value but he's in a brutal conference with a meh schedule. He could be a great keeper for next year.

141-Tyler Small-He's redshirting. You're welcome.

149-Jason Chamberlain-Well JO moving up cant make you too happy. I think Chamberlain is sneaky under-rated. Not a great schedule. Will win his conference(he owns sak.). Probably a top 3 guy but there's a lot of younger more talented guys(Alton, Ness) nipping at his heels. Good pick for the spot you took him.

157-Scott Winston-He's a huge 165 who is very slow. Now I'm supposed to think he'll be better at 157 when he was already sluggish and slow at 165? No thanks. Good schedule, but in Dakes conference. Good luck with that. He'll score points but be underwhelming in nearly every imaginable aspect at 157. Round 11 not bad though.

165-Jimmy Sheptock-Going 184-have fun with that.

174-Perry-I like Perry he's a narrow favorite over the field at 74, but emphasis on narrow. If I was in your shoes I'm not sure who I would have taken. Probably Perry.

Martinez-He's going 65 I think. He's ok. Wrestling at a natural weight should help him. Nice value for round 15. Should win the WWC.

184-Bennett-He's really solid. His ceiling is not insanely high, but the floor won't go down but so far either. He's kinda like a Joe Leblanc guy. Good never great. He'll finish 4th-6th this year. 4th round, I ain't mad atcha.

Bryson-I would never have drafted him under any circumstances ever. Not much upside other than a guy who could fill in and win some matches as a back up.

197-Wilps-Yeah sick keeper honestly. Not an amazing schedule but he's really good and in round 8 just awesome.

Gadson-Respect this pick. Nice upside for rd 12. I would have considered him if I hadn't taken Haynes. His schedule is simply terrible, so you won't see much return on this pick unless you trade him or he winds up being your flex at NCAA's. Will have his hands full with Rosholt in conference.

285-Hanke-You legitimately hurt me with this pick. Was definitely taking him that round. I love his upside. Great athlete, awesome schedule. I approve.

This team, as it's currently constructed has some issues, but some bright spots. As it's currently constructed I'm not sure it makes the playoffs.

My buddy Gold..

125-Mele-Decent value for when you picked him. He's an old guy so not much upside and he's in a really tough conference with a challenging schedule. I wouldn't have been terribly thrilled to have him, and I'm sure you arent either. But he's good and has beaten good guys.

Silver-A definite sleeper of mine, but I think he was 9-8 his RS year. Did not understand why you took him before Soto considering the conference/schedule/ advantages he had over Silver. Not to mention he was a much more proven commodity. It's possible you see something in him I haven't yet. I'll trust your judgement. Decent pick.

133-Geoff Alexander-Don't know how you didn't do better than this. Nice schedule, maybe he wins his conference but he's not great. You would acknowledge this. Still have no clue how you passed on Brewer.

141-Keith-Maybe it's because I had him last year, but I have very little confidence in Keith. Somewhat talented, but very streaky. Not a big guy and will get horsed around at 141. Got pinned an insane 7 times last year which is crazy and probably the most of any all american. I would have rather had Nevinger who has better coaches, better partners, better credentials and all at 141. Didn't understand this, but not awful.

Henderson-Love this pick. Big upside. Pray he doesn't RS, but his wins can't be denied. Had a weird run of weird losses but he was a true freshman. Wish he didn't go to UNC, but Kolat has got to help a guy like Evan.

149-Alton-I liked this pick. If Q and Tony weren't there in rd1/2 I would have taken him. Not as great now that JO is joining the ranks, but still a nice guy.

Habat-Yeah I hated you when you picked him. A sad time. Good pick. Will win his conference I think, nice schedule. Good wrestler(of course Santos beat him )

157-Green-I was taking him if you hadn't. Good pick. Love his upside. Potential finalist if he develops.

Spartak Chino-Sweet name. Goes to a terrible school for wrestling, but he's an Ohio guy so you probably have seen him more than I. Time will tell.

165-Evans-It might have been a bit early for Evans, but he wouldn't have made it back to you. It's just with Mike the ceiling for him is probably 4th. DT/Dake and Caldwell seem pretty insurmountable. Maybe he can beat Caldwell, but for a 4th rounder I'd like to have someone who could conceivably make the finals. Ed Ruth for example.

Sulzer-I liked that you kept him before the draft. After wards it seemed like not a great idea. Oh well. Live and learn.

174-Huntley-IDK. He's pretty good. Nothing sexy but he's probably got a good schedule, and could win his conf. 74 got pretty sketchy quick, so he's a good guy to have.

184-Thommusseit-Not sure. I guess he wins his conf. He's solid, but unspectacular. Lost to Timmy McCall and Kevin Radford last year. Ok I hate this pick.

197-Campolattano-He's a guy I had my eye on if I hadn't been able to get Q so early. Has good upside. Now pray he doesn't redshirt. Could be a guy that breaks into the top 3 if anyone does.

285-Z-Love this pick. A guy I would have nabbed in rd 1 if he made it to me. Boom/Bust pick, but oh well, if he booms, you'll look like a genius, if he busts you can make a political statement about the weakness of Russians. Win/win.

Thommusseit-Had some really nice wins at 97. Health will probably always be a question, but in the 14th round I aint mad atcha.

I was genuinely confused by some of your picks. I could be wrong but I think this team will need some work. Last year I was legit terrified of the team you assembled. Maybe you're still shaking of the cobwebs of your insane collapse at ncaa's.

Not sure I'd call this the no-spin zone. Some comments:

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    125-Jarrod Garnett-Nabbed him in kind of a weird part of the draft. 6th round is decent value for Jarrod. Pinned Delgado last year and is going to be hungry as a senior. If I had known I'd get Soto in the 14th I might not have taken him. But he's got a great schedule, great bonus, will win his conference, and I think he gets on the podium this year. That's good value for rd 6.

Nick Soto-Had my eye on him all along, but figured someone would see the value I did in him at 25(where he should have been all along). Amazing schedule. Will destroy the So. Con, and has very good upside. Not sure how long he's on my team, he might get moved, but I'll be glad to have him throughout.
    The thing about Garnett is that everything you said about him has been true his entire career, yet he hasn't made the podium. He's always collected good wins. I see no reason to think his game will be elevated this year. The over/under on his placement is 8, imo. As for winning his conference, he has a shot. I'd say he's 65/35 with Snyder though, so far from a sure thing.

133-Ramos-Wished and hoped Tony would fall to me, and thankfully he did. 133 scared me past Dardanes/Sentes and I knew I'd have to take one of them earlier than I'd want. So getting a quality 33 was a priority. I love Tony and think he gets 2nd at WORST.

Cody Brewer-My favorite sleeper of the whole draft. I think he's awesome.

Jimmy Gulibon-looking at some of the other 33's that were drafted, I figured if Jimmy wrestles I'll have some really nice trade bait for those people who drafted the Geoff Alexanders of the world(just an example). If he doesn't wrestle, that's why we have add/drops.
    Tony is pretty well-slotted at 2nd. I wonder if Sentes might beat him in an NCAA semifinal though. Tony is very good at adjusting after he's wrestled someone, but it will have been 2 years since he's faced (and lost) to Sentes. So I think that's an interesting match.

Do you have any reason for thinking Brewer is awesome other than his win over Logan? I'm not saying he's bad; he's probably not, but rather unaccomplished beyond that (fluke) win.

The one other person I can see beating Tony is Geoff Alexander. Start the hype.

IMO Jimmy has a lot to prove if he's at 133. I think he will be a bit undersized at that weight, I don't see him scoring much bonus as a true frosh, and he's in a tough conference, so his fantasy value is limited even if he wrestles. Maybe I'm wrong. I did think about drafting him, but then researched and saw Cael tweet that he was a probable redshirt, so the point may be moot. Certainly not a bad pick on your part, though; you've got nothing to lose. I needed a guy I knew would start and get me some early season points while I wait for someone else to emerge, and that's what Geoff Alexander is.

141-Nevinger-Never thought I'd get him because typically returning AA's get over-valued and taken too early. Round 8 is amazing value for a guy with as many quality wins as he had. JO leaving the weight bumps him up another spot too. Bonus.

Port-He was the best guy available at the time, as I wasn't ready to draft my sleepers yet. Awesome sched. Conf champ. Good wrestler coming off a solid r12 freshman season.
    I think this is a pretty good weight for you.

149-Santos-Sigh. Really felt like Nick Brascetta would last through round 9. I was wrong by 1 spot so I wound up with Santos in round 13 which is actually awesome value for a r12 guy with wins over Vinson, Mason, Habat, Bradley and Villalonga. He's not amazing, but he's better than a lot of guys and at rd 13 I couldn't be happier.
    This is where the wheels fall off of your "no-spin zone" wagon. You "couldn't be happier"? Really? I think we both know you are trying to dress Santos up for the trading block.

157-Dong-5th round may seem early for Jesse, but I HATED any of the other options at 157 and knew Jesse at WORST will be a great bonus guy, nice conference and nice schedule. I'd be surprised if he didn't aa this year. There were better overall guys in rd 5, but not at 57. So I was glad to have him.
    I've been surprised when he didn't AA his soph and junior years. I agree he's great bonus and conference, but you've got to remember the most important intangible in NCAA wrestling bracketology: He wrestles for VT. He's fighting an uphill battle to AA even if he looks like an easy choice.

165-Graham-Really wanted Evans but Gold tragically over-valued him, so it wasn't meant to be. This is not a deep weight and I really did not have any sleepers that I trusted to man the weight solo. Graham had some really nice wins, is in a nice training environment with an awesome coach.
    Evans is tragically on the trading block, if you'd like to make it meant to be. Looking back at that 4th round pick (which I hoped would be Storley), maybe I reached for Evans, but only slightly. Looking at the rest of the 4th round, the only other guy I kind of wish I'd taken is Trice. I went back and forth on this before selecting Evans. I like Trice, and he has a higher placement ceiling than Evans, but he also has a lower floor IMO. Trice is still a little better value, but I already had Gelogaev and wanted to get one of the safe bets at 65.

174-Storley-Was thrilled to get Logan in the 3rd. Big upside guy. Hit the semis as a true freshman. Only going to get better. Potential finalist.
    Agreed. I was really hoping he'd make it back through after I picked Green. That would have been awesome.

184-ED RUTH-YOU MAD BRO?
    Sigh... yes.

197-Quentin Wright-I fantasized about getting Tony and Q with my first two picks. I got him. He's the only person in my mind with a shot to beat Kilgore and he's on my team. I've been through the ups and downs with Quentin and it's only right he is with me again as he rides into the sunset.

Haynes-This dude is super good. 7th round he was an amazing pick. He teched powless last year. Owned Rosholt 10-4(who was drafted before him), majored Yohn and beat him solidly another time and a win over Burak(who also went a round earlier) 6-0. One of the best value picks of the draft.
    As long as Haynes can avoid the AJ Kissels, Keith Witts and Joe Kennedys of the world, he should be good for you. I jest a bit. In truth, his top position ensures that he's going to score plenty of points (depending on their schedule, which is TBA), but he's inconsistent.

Camp is coming hard for Quentin. You've been warned.

285-Cooper-I've made fun of Cooper in the past, but he's an all american and was r12 last year. Wins over Zach Rey, Gwiaz x 2, Myers, Gibson and Chalfant(who went in same round). He has an awesome schedule and is a talented guy. Couldn't believe he slipped so far.

Longendyke-He's just a big strong athlete. Nice RS year. Great upside. Tough conference. We'll see.
    Agreed.

Quirky Herkey.

125-McD-Easy Choice. Good choice. Numba 1. Da best.

Colon-Nice upside, but missing an entire semester does not give me lots of confidence for a guy trying to adjust to a new weight.

Rollins-Bad guy, good schedule. Why didn't you take Soto? You took him way too early imo.

133-Levi Wolfensperger-We will see. When you took him it wasn't a huge risk. He was at 41 last year because he wasn't as good as Colon. Colon didn't AA. You like him. So we will see.

Garrett Frey-He had some pretty bad losses. Wrestles for Princeton. Not an inspiring pick either.

141-Graff-Very nice pick. Even nicer now that JO is at 149. Title contender. I think the weight bump will(hopefully) help him re-gain the activity he had his freshman year.

149-Lester-Nice value for the 7th round. Good pick. Not sure he gets on the podium again.

Valenti-I mean everything I said about him. Didn't want him. Wouldn't take him straight up for Santos right now. My plan almost worked, but GBR broke my heart. He has a nice schedule, but won't win his conf. WILL NOT all american again.

157-Alton-Insane keeper. Awesome guy to have. Potential finalist.

Kemerer-Stupid pick. Maybe he has a good schedule but he's not a good wrestler.

165-Caldwell. MAKE HIM COME TO EWWWWWWWWW. Right? Nice pick for rd 3 but not much upside. 3rd is his ceiling and Mike Evans is coming for him!

174-Luvsandorj-Good pick for the turtle dove. Conf champ, decent sched. I hear dat.

184-Loder-You love him. He's disappointed at NCAA's so far. Not bad, not great. Ceiling is low considering the guys at 184 this year.

197-Meeks-I had him last year some. He's pretty good. He'll score you a lot of points, maybe he slips on the podium? Not sure, but yeah. Nice pick.

197-Burak-We will hope and pray this was a good pick, won't we.

285-Telford-Good pick for Bobby.

Some head scratchers in there but some decent talent Herk.

Regarding Santos: Was he the guy I set out to get? No. Not at all. But considering I nearly went the entire draft without a 49, and STILL got a r12 guy with legit wins. I am happy. Like many of my spots i'll be looking to upgrade and like EVERYONE on my team they're available for trade. Not dressing him up. Everything I said I believe.

My buddy Gold..

125-Mele-Decent value for when you picked him. He's an old guy so not much upside and he's in a really tough conference with a challenging schedule. I wouldn't have been terribly thrilled to have him, and I'm sure you arent either. But he's good and has beaten good guys.

Silver-A definite sleeper of mine, but I think he was 9-8 his RS year. Did not understand why you took him before Soto considering the conference/schedule/ advantages he had over Silver. Not to mention he was a much more proven commodity. It's possible you see something in him I haven't yet. I'll trust your judgement. Decent pick.
    There was a point last year when I was thoroughly impressed with Mele. I think he pretty much flew under the radar most of the year. He will have a real tough time in his conference but I think he has a strong shot to AA.

As for Silver... he actually has a great schedule and, if he's decent at all (TBD), a fine shot to win the PAC12 over a guy like Rollins. I think I was targeting Soto for this pick, but as a 133. When I realized he wasn't at 133 anymore, it didn't cross my mind to consider him for 125. I'm not crazy high on Silver, but he had a good junior FS tourney last year so I picked him up as a potential keeper and point-getter to cover for Mele.

133-Geoff Alexander-Don't know how you didn't do better than this. Nice schedule, maybe he wins his conference but he's not great. You would acknowledge this. Still have no clue how you passed on Brewer.
    For a few rounds I was legitimately considering NOT drafting a 33 because the field is so terrible. Then I decided to get a guy who has a couple tourneys in the opening weeks. In that time period, I can collect some points and see if anyone emerges in this terrible weight.

You may be right, Brewer may turn out to be a stud. Time will tell, I just haven't seen much from him and didn't want to put too much stock into one win. It's thinking like that that can get a guy like Mike Roberts as your 149 in 2008 (Roberts inexplicably handed Schlatter the 3rd loss of his career in an early tourney and then dropped back off the radar entirely).

The guy I really wish I'd gotten late was Thielke, who I truly just forgot existed. This is my fault for poor preparation.

141-Keith-Maybe it's because I had him last year, but I have very little confidence in Keith. Somewhat talented, but very streaky. Not a big guy and will get horsed around at 141. Got pinned an insane 7 times last year which is crazy and probably the most of any all american. I would have rather had Nevinger who has better coaches, better partners, better credentials and all at 141. Didn't understand this, but not awful.

Henderson-Love this pick. Big upside. Pray he doesn't RS, but his wins can't be denied. Had a weird run of weird losses but he was a true freshman. Wish he didn't go to UNC, but Kolat has got to help a guy like Evan.
    I think Henderson could explode up the rankings. I have no clue what happened to him the second half of last year. I kind of think he must have gotten injured. Or maybe the grind of a college season just wore on the true frosh. Or maybe he got scouted. I don't know, but the rampage he was on in the beginning of the season makes me very happy to have him on my team. At the very least, he should get me a good number of pins.

149-Alton-I liked this pick. If Q and Tony weren't there in rd1/2 I would have taken him. Not as great now that JO is joining the ranks, but still a nice guy.

Habat-Yeah I hated you when you picked him. A sad time. Good pick. Will win his conference I think, nice schedule. Good wrestler(of course Santos beat him )
    These are pretty much my thoughts on this pick also. I know Santos beat him, but overall Habat was much more consistent than Santos, and I'm glad to have Habat on my team. He's an Ohioan to boot.

157-Green-I was taking him if you hadn't. Good pick. Love his upside. Potential finalist if he develops.

Spartak Chino-Sweet name. Goes to a terrible school for wrestling, but he's an Ohio guy so you probably have seen him more than I. Time will tell.
    I agree 100% about Green. He has plenty of talent and a phenomenal training situation with Burroughs, Snyder, Sueflohn, etc. Dark horse to win the weight.

Spartacus Chino is one of the all-time great wrestling names--right up there with Hunter Manspile. He may not last long on my team. He's actually not from Ohio, but I'll tell you why I picked him. As a true frosh last year, he wrestled off against a 3x Ohio champ named Harrison Hightower (he transferred to OU from VT after a year, actually). I think Chino majored him. Chino's a pretty athletic kid, and OU has a good schedule even if their program is garbage. So I figured he was worth a 16th round pick to complement Green.

165-Evans-It might have been a bit early for Evans, but he wouldn't have made it back to you. It's just with Mike the ceiling for him is probably 4th. DT/Dake and Caldwell seem pretty insurmountable. Maybe he can beat Caldwell, but for a 4th rounder I'd like to have someone who could conceivably make the finals. Ed Ruth for example.

Sulzer-I liked that you kept him before the draft. After wards it seemed like not a great idea. Oh well. Live and learn.
    I agree about Evans' ceiling, but like I said in my first post in this thread, the only other guy I kind of wish I'd taken over him is Trice. I already had a 285 and wanted to snatch one of the few safe 165s. Agreed about Sulzer. Hopefully he makes some strides this year to justify the pick.

174-Huntley-IDK. He's pretty good. Nothing sexy but he's probably got a good schedule, and could win his conf. 74 got pretty sketchy quick, so he's a good guy to have.
    My thoughts too. At that point in the draft, I didn't have much to work with at 174. Luvsandorj? Zanetti? Those would have been comparable picks. I'm not crazy about it, that's for sure.

184-Thommusseit-Not sure. I guess he wins his conf. He's solid, but unspectacular. Lost to Timmy McCall and Kevin Radford last year. Ok I hate this pick.
    As I said when we were ranking, Thomusseit was garbage last year before he stopped wrestling because of injury. I made this pick based on his true freshman year, where he truly showed a lot of promise. I picked him in the 14th, so I don't feel that bad about this.

197-Campolattano-He's a guy I had my eye on if I hadn't been able to get Q so early. Has good upside. Now pray he doesn't redshirt. Could be a guy that breaks into the top 3 if anyone does.
    You pretty much nailed my thoughts.

285-Z-Love this pick. A guy I would have nabbed in rd 1 if he made it to me. Boom/Bust pick, but oh well, if he booms, you'll look like a genius, if he busts you can make a political statement about the weakness of Russians. Win/win.

Thommusseit-Had some really nice wins at 97. Health will probably always be a question, but in the 14th round I aint mad atcha.
    Actually I took Zac Thoms in the 12th, max in the 14th. But yeah.

I was genuinely confused by some of your picks. I could be wrong but I think this team will need some work. Last year I was legit terrified of the team you assembled. Maybe you're still shaking of the cobwebs of your insane collapse at ncaa's.
    I agree. Probably my worst draft. I've got several holes and a lot of work to do. I think I just haven't paid as much attention in the offseason, so it wasn't in my mind as much.

GACoach is next.

125-Matt Snyder-Good fantasy guy. Will get some pins, lots of wins. 2nd probably in conference. Outside shot at aa.

Finch-Good wrestler. On the right team he'd have nice fantasy value, but he's not talented enough to justify his terrible schedule. Really no bad losses and a few decent wins. Troy Nickerson should help him though.

133-Quiroga-Not someone I probably would have drafted as early, but you're a Purdue fan so it's nice to have their best wrestler on your team. Brutal conference with not a great schedule. Outside shot at All American. Honestly after Dardanes/Sentes there's a massive drop off, so maybe Cashe can get on the podium.

141-Mike Mangrum-Nice guy to have at this weight. I have always liked Mangrum. Good wrestler, good schedule, will win his conference. Very nice trade by you.

Kindig-Good upside guy from a talent stand point. Bad schedule. Needs to "live the life" to improve, but the talent is there. He won't score you many points.

149-JO-Favorite to win it all and a pinner. Can't lose.

Loopy-another good not great Purdue guy. Maybe he scores a few points when Oliver is out, but that's probably the extent of Loopys success.

157-Lester-He's not bad, but nothing special. You'll need to improve.

165-Yates-Nice keeper. Not sure if he will do as well as last year, but as a Hokie fan I hope so. Should be a conf champ. Good guy to have

65-LeBlanc-Wouldn't have drafted him period. In a loaded conference, has a bad coach, and a bad team. Maybe 65 is a better fit for him, so there's always that hope.

74-Ethen Lofthouse-Pretty good value at rd 5. Some questions as to what weight he wrestles, but I'd be surprised if he wasn't the 74 when it's all said and done. Potential finalist in rd 5, not too bad.

184-Hamlin-Real solid pick here. I think he makes the finals against Ruth. That's about the best he can do.

197-Gonzalez-Mark Perry makes people better fast. Gonzalez will only improve this season. Good value for a guy like him. He needs a back up.

Magrum-Probably not going to start, maybe he does, but only if Camp RS. I wouldn't have drafted him without knowing his status, but he's decent.

285-Trice-Pretty good pick for rd 4. I forgot that Dom Bradley is now in his conference though. That could be scary. Still he's a solid guy and will get on the podium no sweat(well he probably sweats a lot given his body mass).

Apland-Not a great schedule, in a loaded conference. Wouldn't have drafted him, though he's decent.

You're paying attention and working to get better, so you'll be fine. Have some hairy spots but we all do. Good work.

Thaxtons turn!

125-Boyle-He got him super late, so I can't hate it too much. I would have liked to have a guy with a decent schedule alongside him because Boyles isn't great and his conference is just nasty at 125.

133-Morrison was a guy I was DEFINITELY targeting if I hadn't lucked into Ramos in rd 1. I think the move up to 33 will only help him and I think the value you got for him is superb.

Johnston-Good job backing up Morrison as JMO really needs a back up as bad as his schedule is. Johnston is not great. Maybe not good, but he will win matches, and that's about all you can hope for. His schedule would be better if he wasn't in the Big 12 anymore. But he is.

141-Hunter Stieber-Absurd keeper pick. Schedule is decent but has big gaps. Very nice.

Kindig-Not an ideal backup for Stieber but good talent nonetheless. He will make for decent trade bait if he gets a nice win or two in the Big 12.

149-Accordino-Well he's back for his 6th year, finally got on the podium. His father said he's the healthiest he's been since college which is awesome to hear. Not a great shot at conference champ with Vinson there, but it's conceivable he AA's again. Also conceivable that he doesnt given how much better 49 is this year(imo).

Friedly-not terribly high on Kaleb(my son's name and my middle name spelled incorrectly though) He is skilled no doubt, and has beaten some good guys. Just not sure how he complements your team. Rd 12 I think you could have done a little better.

157-Welch-He's solid. You know what you're getting. I think guys like Alton and Green may surpass him, but I'd be shocked if he didn't place. That's a good feeling to have. Could have a nice Big 10 tourney and still get 4th.

Ivanov-Very nice 15th rounder. He notched a few good wins last year. IF Boise's schedule is decent that will be helpful to you.

165-Martin-We will see. I think he's pretty darn good, and TOSU has a decent track record with freshman.

Harger-Would have been better getting a guy with a better sched, but who knows. Think you could have done a bit better here, but he has some decent wins so I see the attraction.

174-Blanton-Just hope he doesn't run into Lofthouse, who owns him. Potential finalist at 174. Decent for Rd. 3.

Asper-Wow pretty salty. Asper is a great complement to Blantons putrid schedule. Awesome guy for a flex. Great sched, EASY conference.

184-Ihnen-Not a particularly exciting pick, but 7th is nice value. If he gets better he should stay on the podium. If he didn't this could just be a R12ish guy with a mediocre schedule. He did beat Quentin Wright last year, so that's definitely something.

197-Killer-Yeah awesome dude to have. No brainer pick.

285-Jeremy Johnson-Not the heavy I would have taken with Telford, McMullan and Hanke still on the board. He's solid but I don't see him placing again. Could be reading him all wrong.

Very nice team.