Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: League Preseason Rankings (based up TOM's preseason rankings)

Default Re: League Preseason Rankings (based up TOM's preseason rankings)

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Plus, I never even had one sideways thought about Kr during the draft...I think I really showed some growth from last season.

Sideways is good....

herk can i have some of whatever it is that your taking? sounds like good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by yakrider View Post
    herk can i have some of whatever it is that your taking? sounds like good stuff.
    Not since my mid twentys has it been so much what I am "taking" as opposed to what I am drinking. I discovered the world of micrbrews about a month ago and have been on a steady diet of sixers. BTW, if you get the right one, six is all you need and sometimes only four. Last night it was Lucky Bucket IPA and I suppose I was still feeling it a little this morning when I made the post Yak.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

So, I used a little bit of a different philosophy this year. Since it's no fun sitting on the sidelines during the tournament even though you obviously have the best team in the league, I decided to draft some guys from other places besides Iowa that have favorable schedules but are obviously not as tough as the Iowa backups. Though I did end up with six guys that have ties to the state...BUT NO SUCKLOWNS!

Due to unforseen circumstances I did not have time to do any predraft studying so a HUGE thank you to Gold and Thaxton and anyone else that put together the schedule tool and the googledocs spreadsheets. I would've been up a creek without them. Also, thanks VA and Gold for keeping the draft going. And Thanks to anyone else that helped with things that I do not know about. This is a very fun thing to do and without all of you future losers running the show we wouldnt do it. Gracias.

I ended up with wrestlers from ten different teams and only one whos starting position is 50/50 in Burak but I drafted him last. I drafted one guy who's name I cannot pronounce, three guys I don't care for, and Valenti just so VA wouldn't get a decent 49lber. Plus, I never even had one sideways thought about Kr during the draft...I think I really showed some growth from last season.

Here's what I'm hoping my lineup ends up looking like at the end of the season. If it does...I will win.

125 McDonough -Champ
    133 Levi Wolfensperger -R12/AA
    141 Tyler Graff -high AA
    149 Nick Lester -mid to high AA
    157 Dylan Alton -2nd-3rd (depending on Dake)
    165 Tyler Caldwell -2nd-3rd (depending on Dake)
    174 Turtle Luvs -AA
    184 Ryan Loder -AA
    197 Taylor Meeks -AA
    285 Bobby Telford -mid AA 3rdish
    Flex Joe Colon high AA @25 or 33
    Actually, I only said that about Valenti so you'd take him and not someone I was actually targeting. His AA finish was a fluke and he won't win his conference. He's got a nice schedule so enjoy that part, but that's about all the upside with Derek. Brascetta was going to be my guy that round(beat Valenti last year) but he was swiped right before I was up. So I got Santos, who I'd say is comparable to Derek. I'll upgrade obviously throughout the course of the year.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Actually, I only said that about Valenti so you'd take him and not someone I was actually targeting. His AA finish was a fluke and he won't win his conference. He's got a nice schedule so enjoy that part, but that's about all the upside with Derek. Brascetta was going to be my guy that round(beat Valenti last year) but he was swiped right before I was up. So I got Santos, who I'd say is comparable to Derek. I'll upgrade obviously throughout the course of the year.
    That's a nice story but Im not buying it. Valenti is a great guy to have for a backup or flex. Santos isn't either of those.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

You two lovebirds need to have your own thread this year, chronicalling all of your tiffs. We can vote at the end of the season who is the master debater!

Quote Originally Posted by thaxton View Post
    We can vote at the end of the season who is the master bater!
    Herkey wins.

That's a nice story but Im not buying it. Valenti is a great guy to have for a backup or flex. Santos isn't either of those.
    Ask Gold. I'm not high on Derek at all.

Losses to Dallesara, Clopton, and Brascetta. Had a dream draw to AA status. I don't see it being duplicated.

What I am hoping for:

125: R. Finch - Qualifier
    133: Quiroga - AA
    141: Oliver - Champ
    149: Accordino - 4th or 5th
    157: Jason Welch - 2nd or 3rd
    165: Yates - 3rd or 4th
    174: Lofthouse - AA
    184: Hamlin - 2nd
    197: Gonzalez - AA
    285: Trice - 2nd or 3rd
    Flex: Lester - Potential AA

Depending on some key add/drops I should be good to make the final tournament

Preseason Rankings (TOM was down, I used D1collegewrestling.net):
    125: Ryak Finch - 15
    133: Cashe Quiroga - 8
    141: Jordan Oliver - 1
    149: Justin Accordino - 5
    157: Jason Welch - 3
    165: Pete Yates - 4
    174: Ethen Lofthouse
    184: Robert Hamlin - 3
    197: Mario Gonzalez - 8
    285: Jarod Trice - 3
    Flex: Matt Lester - 11
    Last edited by GaCoach; 10-19-2012 at 05:13 PM.