Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wildcard

Default Wildcard

As a compromise to the rule problem that I created, I will be adding a Wild Card to our 6 team playoff, erego making it a 7 team playoff. The person who scores the highest in the conference tournament week who is not already in the top 6 will be going to the playoffs. Where forfeits will be counted. Good luck to all.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Default Re: Wildcard

I like this for 2 reasons:

1) More people in the "playoffs" can't hurt anything.
    2) There is a decent chance I might need this to make the cut.

LOL, really? I thought you were solid in? I don't really pay attention to who's where when I put it together.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

I am currently in 6th. My team is top 6 worthy, but they aren't getting a ton of matches... rpayton is closing in on me.

Let everyone in but make NCAA placements worth a shit load of points say 50 for a champ 35 for runnerup 30 for 3rd etc... then all there regular matches at nationals give them double the regular criteria points. It would show who really has the best team and just doesn't wrestle the easiest schedule and would give people who had a bad start a chance to jump start themselves into contention

Quote Originally Posted by RD149-2 View Post
    Let everyone in but make NCAA placements worth a shit load of points say 50 for a champ 35 for runnerup 30 for 3rd etc... then all there regular matches at nationals give them double the regular criteria points. It would show who really has the best team and just doesn't wrestle the easiest schedule and would give people who had a bad start a chance to jump start themselves into contention

I like that idea too. Some of these guys score big points because they don't wrestle anyone good. On the other hand, we all knew how the scoring was going to be done going into the season and we drafted the way we did knowing what was going to happen. I knew my team wasnt going to score alot of points early in the season but I didnt want to draft any pussies (except Parks) so I basically killed myself. I now have a chance with scoring the most points at conference time. I think I will.

That is why I say -as I have all along -this sport is really not condusive to a fantasy league -I wouldn't hesitate to wrestle anyone's team head up -but that isn't the point -Tshirt might kill Cleveland -but Cleveland is a fine wrestler in a wuss conference -he'll probably score more points over the next 2 months -isn't his fault he chose to attend UTC-on a good day nine of Herkey's starters could win the tournament -yet look at his point total-since this is everyone's first year at this-I assume so, at least -we should try and develop a way around the necessity of having to draft or keep lesser wrestlers to stay competitive -I traded Howe and kept Stewart simply because Stewart should walk through the MAC and Howe will lose a few in the big 10 and who knows where he'll be seeded at the tournament ? My interpretation of the rules is in the conference tourney the winner gets 16 bonus points , 8 for runner up-that alone -if Howe places 3rd -would augment 5 losses by Stewart as well as give Stewart a better seed in the NCAA's .

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    That is why I say -as I have all along -this sport is really not condusive to a fantasy league -I wouldn't hesitate to wrestle anyone's team head up -but that isn't the point -Tshirt might kill Cleveland -but Cleveland is a fine wrestler in a wuss conference -he'll probably score more points over the next 2 months -isn't his fault he chose to attend UTC-on a good day nine of Herkey's starters could win the tournament -yet look at his point total-since this is everyone's first year at this-I assume so, at least -we should try and develop a way around the necessity of having to draft or keep lesser wrestlers to stay competitive -I traded Howe and kept Stewart simply because Stewart should walk through the MAC and Howe will lose a few in the big 10 and who knows where he'll be seeded at the tournament ? My interpretation of the rules is in the conference tourney the winner gets 16 bonus points , 8 for runner up-that alone -if Howe places 3rd -would augment 5 losses by Stewart as well as give Stewart a better seed in the NCAA's .
    You just described any fantasy league. It's a whole lot of luck involved.