Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Week 11 Standings THRU 1/25

Default Re: Week 11 Standings THRU 1/25

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    You are implying that Lewnes intentionally didnt wrestle Marable because he thought he would lose. I seriously doubt that is the case.
    Why? Looking for a # 1 seed is important, and as stated, Lewnes just seems unable to beat Marable.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

No, not because "he thought he would lose." They don't think like that. More like, "He's a little banged up and why risk further injury in a non-conference dual? Better to hold him out, get 100% healthy, and kick azz in the post season." The thing is, every wrestler in DI has some minor bumps and bruises at this point in the season and this is just a convienent excuse, when you need one. Ever hear of rationalizing?

Yes, if it were a lesser opponent he would have probably wrestled with whatever it is that he is banged up with. But by saying that he was ducking him, to me, is implying that he doesnt think that he can beat him. I think that every one of these top guys think they will win every match and I think you agree with that. In no way do I think he was ducking him to protect his seed. If that is the case I have lost a little respect for Koll. These guys are competitors and cant wait to wrestle the guy that knocked them off last time. If he was able to go I believe he would have.

It will be very interesting to see where Marable ends up on the bracket. What if he winds up wrestling Lewnes in the quarters or something? If that's the case, both of them may miss the finals...

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    It will be very interesting to see where Marable ends up on the bracket. What if he winds up wrestling Lewnes in the quarters or something? If that's the case, both of them may miss the finals...
    I think that is why they have switched to that weighted formula the NCWA will use come choosing who gets into and seeded the tourney -they just released a copy of the coaches poll on intermat .

How exactly is that going to work, rp?

You have to have a .750 winning %-a top 25 coaches poll and a certain number RPI -to receive an automatic bid -the video can be seen -but not totally understood -at least by me-on the home page they have the link-it's like 25 minues long but thee will be no at large bids or wild cards this year .