Thread: 2011 Championship Scores and Results: Gold is All That Glitters

Default 2011 Championship Scores and Results: Gold is All That Glitters

Acknowledgements
    Both years I've commissioned this league, I've had a lot of help. Several league members have stepped up in various ways, and I truly appreciate it. Doing it all myself, the job would be a lot more difficult than I like it to be.

The first person is, without a doubt, Mr. gobigred. GBR has helped with the scoring all of this year and half of last. I think it's difficult to appreciate that effort unless you've had to do it all by yourself, but trust me when I say the man has save me a ton of time and done a great job. He has also provided us with some stats, which I think are pretty interesting and perhaps something we should expand on in the future.

Next in line is vaisfor"alwaysabridesmaid"lovers. The last two years, he has dedicated a week of his life to the horror that is the Draft. If it weren't for his help, it truly might last twice as long, and I would be extremely pissed off by the end of it. So thanks!

The last two are buckvader and kr1963. Buckvader helped me out with the live scoring (which I'm unhappy to note that you bastards didn't seem to look at very much) this weekend while I was too busy to do it all myself in any sort of timely manner. KR lent some assistance keeping the rosters up to date. Thanks to both of them.

And now, for our results...

The Loser's Bracket
    1. tigerfan, 127
    2. KennesawState, 96.5
    3. Herkey#1, 94.5
    4. accboy, 51.5
    5. UGLY and thaxton did not submit lineups

The Championship Bracket
    1. Gold, 157
    2. vaisforlovers, 149
    3. gobigred, 116
    4. buckvader, 109
    5. RD149-2, 93.5
    6. kr1963, 78

Full Results Here

That's right, folks: I am, once again, your champion. Am I a bit insulted because you weren't more of a challenge? Yes. But I love you all anyway, and I mean that in the most condescending way possible.

I could ramble about how my team is the best and has been all year, but that would just be rude. I won't even mention the fact that there were three major tournament weekends (Midlands/Scuffle, Conference, NCAAs), and I won all three of them. Instead, I'll take the high route and give out some more thanks:

A special thanks to Herkey#1. He was kind enough to safeguard my trophy for the last year, I appreciate it. And I'm sure he did a great job. The man has a respect for championships. That's pretty much the only trophy in Iowa right now, so, Herkey, I'm going to let you hold on to it for one more night. But I expect it to be post-dated by tomorrow.

Another thanks needs to go to Dustin Kilgore. My team had done everything in their power to thwart my title run late in the tournament. Peterkin lost his All-America bout, Kennedy got pinned by Thorn (and that came after he blew a lead in the closing seconds to Marion), Molinaro went Seabiscuit in the finals, Taylor.... well, you know what Taylor did. I didn't really expect Hamlin to win (or even Molinaro, really), for that matter, so I'm cool with him. HONEYCUTT, on the otherhand, was apparently halfway back across the state of Pennsylvania by the time his match with Bosak came around. 12-0?!?! That's a guy Honeycutt has decimated twice in the past. No excuse for cashing it in like that

Like I said, my team had done everything in their power to pull off the biggest tank job since Chris Henrich in last year's semifinals. The whole championship came down to "Killer's" match, and he delivered with excitement. Was he down 5-1 late in the second period? Yep. But he was wearing on Foster, and Foster had slowed down, start just clamping on a front headlock to run clock, etc, and Kilgore kept taking shots. And then there was a pin! If you were there in the arena, you probably saw me standing there, contemplating whether or not I should climb right up to the top of the podium with him.

Without further ado, I humbly accept the 2011 Fantasy Wrestling Championship Title. Thanks for a great year.

Default Re: 2011 Championship Scores and Results: Gold is All That Glitters

ewezuc...

no really, kongrats
    and thanks 4 doublin my score....

My training for next year starts now.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

No kidding. I have my database already for the draft now....