Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Team's Draw

Default Your Team's Draw

I think my draws generally slanted to the not-good side.

125: #8 Jarrod Patterson
    I give this guy a decent shot at beating most everyone, but he can also lose to more people than he should. First round SHOULD be fine, then he probably faces Morrison. If Morrison is healthy, this is a tossup. Even if he wins that, he will be fighting to prevent bonus points against Robles in the quarters.

133: #10 Rollie Peterkin
    Rollie hasn't finished the season strong. Flint Ray poses an upset threat in the first round, and then he would have Futrell in the second round. He wins that, he's got Hochstrasser. The first three rounds could only have gotten a little tougher for a seeded wrestler in this weight.

141: #4 Jimmy Kennedy
    What a crappy draw. He should definitely breeze through the first two rounds, but how do Kennedy, Russell and Marion all end up on the same half?!?! Marion in the quarters, Russell in the semis. If he wins this weight, he will certainly have earned it.

149: #2 Frank Molinaro
    This maybe makes up for Kennedy's draw. The only thing that sucks about this draw is that Mason is in his quarter-bracket, and Mason seems to give him some trouble. Penn State got great draws across the board....

157: #3 David Taylor
    ...with the exception of Taylor. If he wasn't such a scoring machine, I'd be pretty pissed about this draw. An undefeated bonus machine gets 10th-ranked Erisman in the first round? Then St. John in the quarters? Fittery in the semis? It's not a crazy tough weight, but that's pretty much the toughest draw he could have given the weight class.

165: #2 Andrew Howe
    Nothing terrible about this draw. About what I expected and it's a weak weight. It would be rather surprising to see him lose before the semis, even with his injury.

174: #4 Colby Covington
    Going through Chris Henrich and Jon Reader is certainly not a cakewalk. It's about what I expected though--probably would have been the same even if Henrich hadn't been upset by Letts.

184: #1 Chris Honeycutt
    The top bracket is waaaayyy more crowded than the bottom. Which bodes well for my other 184 (you know, the #2 seed), but Honeycutt got the shaft. He's got to face the winner of Wright and Steinhaus. Then, if he wins that, he's got the winner of Rutt and Leblanc! Crazy! Bosak is so lucky he got the #3 seed over Rutt.

Flex: #2 Robert Hamlin
    Hamlin's draw is actually great (thanks to Honeycutt's being so tough). Both of his matches with Bosak have been razor tight, so I'm a little worried about that, but I really can't be complaining about this.

197: #4 Dustin Kilgore
    Sucks that we have to see what would be an awesome finals in the semis. It's Dustin's own fault, though, and it's not like he doesn't have a winning record against Simaz. Gotta get that one.

285: #8 Tony Nelson
    Terribly tough draw for both he and Cameron Wade. Nelson has Brantley in the first round (who is big enough to counter a lot of Nelson's strength stuff), Wade in the second, and then Rey in the quarters. Ouch.

Default Re: Your Team's Draw

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    The top bracket is waaaayyy more crowded than the bottom. Which bodes well for my other 184 (you know, the #2 seed), but Honeycutt got the shaft. He's got to face the winner of Wright and Steinhaus. Then, if he wins that, he's got the winner of Rutt and Leblanc! Crazy! Bosak is so lucky he got the #3 seed over Rutt.
    Bosak's win over Rutt got him there. But as Kyle Dake found out tonight, head to head wins don't always translate to seeds. I am in disbelief about Cornell's road at NCAAs.

Lock up your house tonight, GBR is about to go ballistic!

I agree Bosak deserved that 3 seed, just saying it's a LOT better position on the bracket.

125: Sander #5 A little scary because he may face Garnett in the second round (the guy that bumped him last year in the first round). But still a good draw. If he can make it to the quarters he has a much better chance against Nicholson than any of the top three.

133: Ramos #6 I like this draw! If he wrestles well, he will get Long in the quarters (who he already beaten), and he is in the bracket away from Graff & Oliver, so he has an outside shot at the finals.

141: Thorn #2 By far the best thing that happended to any wrestler seed wise. With Russel, Marion, & Kennedy on the top side of the bracket, Thorn has an excellant road to the finals.

149: Stephens NR Bad spot. Hope he can win me a match or two in the wrestlebacks.

157: Fittery #2 Suprised that he wasn't #1. Tough to have the kid wonder David Taylor in his side of the bracket. I'm hopeful that Fittery will beat him, but Taylor is awful good.

165: Asper #4 Good place to be, except Burroughs in the Semifinals. Too bad, would have loved for Asper to be on Howe's side, because I think Asper can beat Howe.

174: Glasser NR Running into Ruth is a bad match up for Glasser, so he will be in the wrestlebacks early. Hope he can make some noise there...winning two or three matches

184: Rutt #4 Very tough side of the bracket. 13 of 17 guys in that side are nails tough, whereas only about 6 are that tough in the lower side. Still, Rutt is good enough to make the finals...or go to the wrestlebacks in the first or second round. Either way, I'm counting on him to Place top 4.

197: Yohn #9 Ok place to be. He'll have Simaz if he wrestles well. Simaz is too slick for Yohn so he'll have to head to the wrestlebacks to get third.

Hwt: Trice #2 My ace in the hole. Everyone has written him off and expect Raising to beat him in the quarters. Not gonna happen. Trice will make the finals!

Flex: Sentes? Ramos will school him Bailey? could do ok, but hits Janssen in the quarters and Janssen has been wrestling good lately.

Avg seed
    Gold 4.27
    Buck 6.63
    Me 8.18

125: #6 Nic Bedelyon 4th
    Well have to beat Precin in the quarters to get to McD in the semis. Proabably will get to the consi semis where he will get Nicholson only to get Precin or McD again in battle for 3rd.

133: #3 Andrew Long
    2nd
    Beats Hochstrasser in the Semis, loses in the finals to JO

141 #9 Cole Von Ohlen 8th
    Will get Russell in the QFs then Marion or Kennedy in the consi semis then probably face off against Boris for 7th place. yea I think Alton can beat Boris & get to the semis vs Thorn. Alton ends up 4th or 5th

149: #5 Jamal Parks4th

Gets Dake in the QFs then maybe LeValley in the Consi Semis if he does that gets the Dake-Caldwell loser for 3rd.

157: NS Neil Erisman 8th if he doesn't go 1-2
    DT off the bat. Goodbye. Then loser of Fleming-Welch. If he does that & wins 2 more matches he gets DT-DSJ loser in consi QFs.
    157: NS Chase Nelson
    If he can get by Welch & then Fleming he would get Hall & then in the WBs would get Dong-Jenkins loser. He faded at B12s. Goes 1-2.

165: NS Turtogtokh Luvsandorj
    165: NS Justin Lister
    Both guys are capable of going 1-2 or actually finishing 3nd. I have no pulse on this yet.

174: #5 Chris Henrich 3rd
    Don't think he will get past Reader. Would have to beat Lewnes or Ruth for 3rd. Has the tools to get tot he finals.

184: #5 Joe Leblanc
    3rd
    Pretty wide open weight. Capable of winning it all.
    184: NS Nate Schiedel
    3-2 at best, would end up meeting Stenihaus-Wright vs Honeycutt loser & going home.

197: #10 Logan Brown 7th
    Doesn't get by Foster or Lofthouse-Kilgore loser in the consi semis.
    197: NS Riley Orozco
    goes 2-2 at best

285: #9 Cameron Wade
    If he wrestles like he did @ the B10s he will go 3-2. If he wrestles like he did during the year He will probably wrestle get 7th or 8th place. Not sure yet.
    285: #12 Eric Bugenhagen FLEX
    Capable of going 3-2 as well or getting to 5th-8th in WBs.

Realistically I have 5-6 AAs.
    Maybe good enough for 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    165: NS Turtogtokh Luvsandorj
    165: NS Justin Lister
    Both guys are capable of going 1-2 or actually finishing 3nd. I have no pulse on this yet.

[/COLOR][/LEFT]
    Really? 3rd? Let's get real.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Just look at my beautiful stretch of eight straight top-4 seeds. Beautiful...

Shame on Rollie for finishing out of the All-America seeds.

125-Morrison-Not a good draw at all. R12
    133-Oliver-Great draw regardless. 1st
    141-Chris Diaz-His draw contains lots of wrestlers better than him. Not good. He should win his first though. 2-2
    149-Mario Mason-Some ways good, some ways not. He has no cupcake matches, but he has beaten the 2 and 3 seeds on his side. Depending on which Mario we get, could make the finals. He should AA regardless IMO.
    157-Jason Welch-I like his draw and think he AA's pretty easily.
    165-Tyler Caldwell-Match with Janssen scares me, then he will have howe in semis which will be ungodly boring. I like his draw though, possible finalist.
    174-Ed Ruth- I dont feel that great about Ruth coming into this season and I can see him getting bounced by Mack, if not earlier by Mooch.
    184-Wright has Steinhome in the 2nd round which is scary. I don't like his draw as far as him making the finals, but I think he will AA.
    197-Foster-Good draw and a great chance at Finals if you ask me.
    Heavy-Rey is still the best and should win.
    Flex: Dont know who i'll use: Janssen? Lofthouse? burak? Gambrall??
    Last edited by vaisforlovers; 03-10-2011 at 03:11 PM.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Really? 3rd? Let's get real.
    I am. I have made a few other posts that others have laughed at that happened. Lister did AA last year @ 157, pinned your beloved Dong. I picked him to win the CAA when most had him 3rd & unranked. He did win.

Luvsandorj was seeded 1st but I knew he wouldn't win. He started the year strong & has faded. If he wrestles like he is capable of he could surprise some folks.

It's NCAAs surprises happen. 12th seeds win titles, Unseededs AA.