Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade

Default Trade

accboy sends Mike Grey and Zach Rey to vaisforlovers for Devin Carter and DJ Russo.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Default Re: Trade

Please make the changes on my line for week 12. Russo in at hwt, Carter in at 133. I confirm the trade.

I give an 8 and a 5, and get an unranked(who is yet to wrestle ALL year and who knows how good he'll be when he gets back) and a 1 and Gold thinks it's unfair? Acc fills a massive hole in his lineup with a conf champ and an aa contender and gets a top 5 heavy who pins(he needs points like crazy) How can he possibly not confirm this after he passed the (joke) Kennedy for Sanjaa trade.

It's essentially 2 for 1 and both guys want it.

One can't help but wonder if this is a misuse of power designed to keep a strong player from getting stronger.

If it's not that please tell me how this trade is less fair than the robbery of kennedy for sanjaa.

I dont know if I'd even take this if I were Vais... Carter and Russo are going to score some sick points I have 0 faith in Grey
    Gold is an idiot.

So Acc gave you Rey(1st in conference,Possible NCAA Champ) for Russo (2nd in same conference maybe, Flores is there too, and possible AA).

And Grey(All-American, Finalist in conference, proven, Serious AA Possibility) for Carter(Conference champ likely, Freshman, Possible AA)

I could see Grey for Carter maybe, but Rey for Russo makes no sense.

in a word LOPsided
    Last edited by thaxton; 01-14-2011 at 10:37 PM.

Christian I see that this is as the same as the last 2 trades you complained about but since it involves you don't. You & Gold should trade places instead of wrestlers...:P

Grey has been completely healthy the last two years and has been unable to get on the podium. His AA finish was several seasons ago. I don't even have to have Grey necessarily, I offered him and he accepted.

If you can't understand that this isn't the same Mike Grey we've seen in years past(so worse than the guy who COULDNT get on the podium) I dont know how i can help you.

It's 2 for 1. I'd be willing to take someone else in actuality because since I have Oliver Grey would be my flex at very best.

If you had to pick one heavy to score you tons of points real fast, who would it be? Rey or Russo? Choice is simple. Rey would wbd his grandma I'm starting to believe.

If you needed points like crazy at 33 would you have a guy who hasnt wrestled all year or a guy who bonuses a ton and will win his conference with his eyes closed?

The move makes sense for ACC.

This is completely different that when Gold tried to give him Nelson for Rey.

Nelson isnt near the wrestler Russo is, doesn't pin as much, doesn't have as many good wins, and they will probably finish similarly in conference.

So clearly Nelson for Rey is significantly more lopsided than Russo for Rey. Just go look at who theyve beaten side by side and it's not close.

Then on the other half of that trade he went Hamlin for Mango which was a complete wash. So basically Gold went Wash/Massive upgrade. I go major downgrade/fantasy points downgrade(Conf/ncaa upgrade)

As some people have intimated, my beef with this trade is not that it's terribly unbalanced, it's that it's eerily similar to a trade that of mine that caused an uproar a few days ago. The wounds are too fresh for me to forget my own trade, and now one of the biggest complainers is trying a comparable trade.

The arguments used against my trade:

Quote Originally Posted by buckvader View Post
    Is accboy having a fire sale?

Mango #6 = Hamlin # 5
    Rey #1 > Nelson # 7 [I update this to reflect the rankings that came out the next morning]

Mango for Hamlin is a decent trade.....Rey #1 Hwt for Nelson the #3 Hwt in the big ten? Bad trade.
    Grey = Carter #8
    Rey #1 > #5 Russo

Grey for Carter is a decent trade.....Rey #1 Hwt for Russo the #3 Hwt in the EIWA?

When Grey comes back (this month), he will be the second-best 133 in his conference. His chances of making the conference finals are great. Rollie has to be favored over him to win it right now, but a Mike Grey win wouldn't shock too many people. Truthfully, Carter is a better value than Grey. Just like Hamlin was a better value than Mango.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    His teams atrocious and he gets rid of one of his best conf options who is the favorite to win a title?
    Powerful words coming from the guy who is trying to trade the same owner for the same title favorite right now.

If you had to pick one heavy to score you tons of points real fast, who would it be? Rey or Russo? Choice is simple. Rey would wbd his grandma I'm starting to believe.
    For a while this was true. However, the last couple weeks have changed that significantly. At Midlands, Russo lost to Trice 9-3, to Flores 12-5, and to a DIII guy. Rey, on the other hand, won the tournament and only one of his matches (Trice) was closer than 3 points.

Next, at Virginia Duals, Rey had three pins (including one over #10 Apland) and a 5-0 decision (over #8 Barlow). It seems that he has stepped up his game.

Nelson isnt near the wrestler Russo is, doesn't pin as much, doesn't have as many good wins, and they will probably finish similarly in conference.
    Exactly how many good wins does Russo have? I count two: #6 Bradley and #9 Wade. Nelson has beaten #8 Brendan Barlow, #11 Tucker Lane (x2), #13 Clayton Jack, #14 Josh Wine, and #19 Ricky Alcala. While Russo's two ranked wins are probably of a higher quality, Nelson DEFINITELY has more good wins this year.

So clearly Nelson for Rey is significantly more lopsided than Russo for Rey. Just go look at who theyve beaten side by side and it's not close.
    Maybe you should do the same.

Then on the other half of that trade he went Hamlin for Mango which was a complete wash.
    I definitely don't agree with this. If not for Hamlin, #6 Joe Leblanc and #7 Quentin Wright would be ranked #1 and #2, respectively (maybe two and three since the rankers have put Smith in the top spot). He has one loss to #4 Travis Rutt. Even you said that you are "Sold" that Hamlin is a title contender.

Mango has a win over Patterson and split matches with Waters. Forgive me if I think Hamlin's value is a little higher. Mango definitely isn't worthless, but he was just "the other guy" in my trade kind of like Grey was in yours. I told acc I would take either of his 125s, and he said take Mango.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So anyway, this trade definitely rubbed me the wrong way in light of all your recent complaints. The main reason I didn't immediately reject it was because it's not fair to accboy that he isn't able to make trades he feels like improve his roster--now twice.

So I talked to him about it. I explained my own grudges with it, and told him that Grey is expected to return to Cornell's lineup soon. He is on board with rejecting it, and he says his lineup is better off with Rey and Grey than it is with Russo and Carter, but he didn't know that Grey was coming back.

Trade rejected.
    Last edited by Gold; 01-15-2011 at 10:57 AM.