Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Draft Date 2010-11, Review Rules

Default Re: Draft Date 2010-11, Review Rules

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Is your vision with the chat that we would send you our pick via the chat and you would post that pick on a thread?
    Yes. If everyone had some rankings printed out it would more or less go as quickly as a live fantasy football draft, but like you said it would be really hard to find a time when everyone could do it.

even 1 hour of everyone together would get tons done.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Whatever we do, I agree that it needs to be done as close to the beggining of the season as possible. That way gobigreds roster won't look like a mash unit by the time the season starts. At least I think it was gobigred.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Very true. I had a few draft picks myself that I wouldnt have made if we had just waited a bit(and i think i was just minimally affected)

even 1 hour of everyone together would get tons done.
    Especially the first 2-3 rounds when a lot of picks are available and you could just leave your picks(in order) with Gold .
    i.e.-Vais sends 4 picks in order -1,McD, 2,Burroughs ,3, Lewnes 4,Foster--if Lewnes is gone in the third , Foster bumps up.

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    Especially the first 2-3 rounds when a lot of picks are available and you could just leave your picks(in order) with Gold .
    i.e.-Vais sends 4 picks in order -1,McD, 2,Burroughs ,3, Lewnes 4,Foster--if Lewnes is gone in the third , Foster bumps up.
    Well, it's not that I don't trust Gold, but it's not particularly fair for him to know what we value guys at and when we are taking certain guys/certain weights. A big part of draft strategy involves predicting who people will choose and taking a risk that a certain person will make it back to you for your next pick. If Gold knew who people were thinking about picking it would be impossible for him to not employ that strategy. It would give him(or anyone) a tremendous advantage.

This is why I'm in favor of doing as much as we can live with people doing their own picks. If it takes longer then oh well. Maybe there will be a time when everyone is there and we can knock more out, but if not, i'd rather keep it as pure a draft as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Whatever we do, I agree that it needs to be done as close to the beggining of the season as possible. That way gobigreds roster won't look like a mash unit by the time the season starts. At least I think it was gobigred.
    Yep, it was my roster.

I agree with adding those tourneys. I'll do the draft however the group decides but like Herkey, I was fine with the way the draft was done last year.

Well, it's not that I don't trust Gold, but it's not particularly fair for him to know what we value guys at and when we are taking certain guys/certain weights. A big part of draft strategy involves predicting who people will choose and taking a risk that a certain person will make it back to you for your next pick. If Gold knew who people were thinking about picking it would be impossible for him to not employ that strategy. It would give him(or anyone) a tremendous advantage.

This is why I'm in favor of doing as much as we can live with people doing their own picks. If it takes longer then oh well. Maybe there will be a time when everyone is there and we can knock more out, but if not, i'd rather keep it as pure a draft as possible.
    I agree with this. Hope we keep it the way we have done it the past two years.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    I agree with this. Hope we keep it the way we have done it the past two years.
    This is only an emergency back up so one guy does not hold up the entire draft for a day or two.The first 3 rounds should go quickly as everyone should have a short list of top guys .