View Poll Results: Should we allow three free agent picks?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 70.00%
  • No

3 30.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free agency?

Default Re: Free agency?

So, what you are saying is, insstead of a weekly pool of free agents, we have five waivers to use and once those are gone we can't drop add anyone else?

If so sure, and if you need help, I can be a mod if you need volounteers. I can check a lot during the day if necessary. You know, sales guy.....
    "It is the difference between humble and hubris that distinguishes their positions." -TLV

The other league uses a one time supplemental draft, NO FREE AGENCY/WAIVERS. That is the original set up. We are considering switching to this new system. This new system will require much more work. Champ, and possibly yourself, would be helpful to accomplishing this. With the system as is, you are stuck with the team you draft until the supplemental draft.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

voted yes

Are we going to still have the supplemental draft? If so, I'd limit the number of add/drops to something like 5 for the whole season. If not, I'd say around 10-15 and that would be plenty. People aren't going to be making tons of moves during the season.

We also will need to make a cut-off of the date of add/drops being made. I would suggest probably the week before conference tournaments start.
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ Kind View Post
    Are we going to still have the supplemental draft? If so, I'd limit the number of add/drops to something like 5 for the whole season. If not, I'd say around 10-15 and that would be plenty. People aren't going to be making tons of moves during the season.

We also will need to make a cut-off of the date of add/drops being made. I would suggest probably the week before conference tournaments start.
    Champ,

This appears to have passed, so go with your gut on how this should be run. You are in charge of this.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Ok, I'll do it like the fantasy football leagues usually do it.

Free Agency Rules:
    1. Every wrestler that is not drafted will automatically go into the free agent pool. Everyone has an equal chance to pick a wrestler up. To pick someone up, you will need to contact me here somehow(PM or post message on my wall). If two people try to claim the same person, whoever contacted me first will be given the wrestler. You must also tell me who you are dropping so your roster will be adjusted. The dropped wrestler will then be on waivers for three days.

2. The last day to pick up a wrestler is March 1st. After that your roster will be locked for the rest of the season.

3. Each wrestler picked up won't be able to be on your active roster until the next week. Your current line-up will not be changed.

4. Each wrestler that is dropped will be on "waivers" for three days. There will be a list of wrestlers on waivers and the date they come off of waviers on here. If no one claims the wrestler, he will go into the regular free agent pool.

5. Each team will have a chance to pick-up wrestlers on waivers. If more than one team decides they want a wrestler that is on waivers we will go by wavier priority.

6. The first waiver priority will be the reverse draft order.
    Here it is
    1. accboy
    2. architeuthis
    3. RD149-2
    4. tigerfan
    5. r.payton@att.net
    6. Champ Kind
    7. sgallan
    8. vaisforlovers
    9. Zapp Brannigan
    10. Herkey # 1
    11. MatEater
    12. Gold

7. Each time you pick up a wrestler off waivers successfully, you will go to the bottom of the list for the waivers. This will happen EVERY time, whether someone else tries to claim the wrestler you want or not.
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

I've given Champ mod powers for this forum.