Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rule Modifications for 2010-2011

Default Re: Rule Modifications for Next Year

Wow Vias that is exactly what I was going to suggest! Funny!

I think the newbies get to draft first & then any remainders pick in playoff order inverted. Last pick gets 2 picks & then we go back like we did this season.

Some rules just need to be clarified a bit in the rules section.

Like trade deadlines & what happens in multiple player trades when you end up with MORE then 15 guys on your roster. Does that go against your add/drops when you have to drop because of a trade?

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    Does that go against your add/drops when you have to drop because of a trade?
    it should if you agree to a trade that puts you over 15 thats your own doing.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    it should if you agree to a trade that puts you over 15 thats your own doing.
    I agree
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Ok... What I did for the draft order was google "Random Draft Order Generator" and enter all of our names. Voila! There was the order. I think that was a pretty good way to do it.

I'm not crazy about giving placers draft priority because I think we should treat our new comers well. It's worth evaluating if a bunch of people like the idea, though.

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    Like trade deadlines & what happens in multiple player trades when you end up with MORE then 15 guys on your roster. Does that go against your add/drops when you have to drop because of a trade?
    How we've been doing it is that the drop does not go against you, but an add does. I will clarify this, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    I have no personal agenda in this. I just think the alphabet rule is a dumb way to pick draft order. If you have a suggestion, lets hear it. Otherwise mine is still the best idea on the floor. I didnt say we had to go with it, I just threw it out there.

Let's hear your idea that entices new blood yet keeps the returning players happy. I'm trying to figure out a way to reward people for playing and doing well in this league. If there is no benefit to making the playoffs, why play? In my fantasy football league we make the new guys, if there are any that year, pick last. They don't seem to mind since they are new to the league.

It is easy to throw stones and make allegations without offering up your own ideas.
    Hey, I'm a conservative...that's what we do. I guess I'm a fan of randomly selecting the draft order. New players should have an equal chance to get the first pick.

The free agency rule states a 10 pick up maximum, but doesn't limit drops, which I think is good. You should have to drop first if you're acquiring multiple players in a trade to make room, but that's just a minor detail.

I liked the Conference week Champ making the playoffs.

I don't like the 3 points for a forfeit rule. All forfeits should be 6 points. A guy like Cole Konrad would've really suffered from that rule. It just seems pretty random to take that circumstance and decide it doesn't rate to be counted the same as all other results, despite injuries, back-ups, etc.

How's that?

Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
    Hey, I'm a conservative...that's what we do. I guess I'm a fan of randomly selecting the draft order. New players should have an equal chance to get the first pick.

The free agency rule states a 10 pick up maximum, but doesn't limit drops, which I think is good. You should have to drop first if you're acquiring multiple players in a trade to make room, but that's just a minor detail.

I don't like the 3 points for a forfeit rule. All forfeits should be 6 points. A guy like Cole Konrad would've really suffered from that rule. It just seems pretty random to take that circumstance and decide it doesn't rate to be counted the same as all other results, despite injuries, back-ups, etc.

How's that?
    I agree with all of this ESPECIALLY the fft rule. Whatever it is scored as on a team/dual score, is what it should count on fantasy. I'm not actually sure why that is even a rule, if i had noticed it prior to this year beginning i would have said something. If we count pins against community colleges we should count ffts as 6 against Wisconsin.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post

How's that?
    And that is how we have a conversation. Kind of nice huh, bouncing ideas back and forth. JK. I'm a conservative as well and sometimes I argue just to argue. (believe it or not Kr, VA and Jensen) It's the Norwegian in me.

I don't like the 3pt fft rule either. It's not your wrestlers fault that the other team didnt have someone for him to wrestle. I think it should be scored as it is in a dual, like the rest of our points.

I do however like the rule that allowed you to send me Matt McDonough. That rule needs to stay.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Hey viking det er ingen fjorder i iowa

6 points for fft
    no penalty for dropping a guy if you have extra from a trade
    Conf Champ makes playoff
    draft in descending order from the previous year's finish
    newbies get to keep first unless they are someone from another league....