Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade

Default Trade

Vaisforlovers sends Louis Caputo to Thaxton for Phil Keddy.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Default Re: Trade

Approved.

Not so much a homer move as a calculated risk.

When they're both at their best who is better?

Very obviously Keddy as evinced by his 2 higher AA finishes. I feel like the best Caputo could do on his very best day at ncaa's this year is like 7th.

Keddy, who knows he could hang with anyone and could finish top 4 again.

Just playin Vais but I was a surprised a lil as you seemed so big on Caputo earlier in the season. I think it was a good move for you esp being a big Hawk fan.

Keddy has not looked ''right'' all year -and the big 10 at 184 is monstrous -#2,#6,#10,#12 #14 or where ever Rutt is ranked -plus Cameron is somehow ranked -unless he wins out Keddy will be the 4-5 seed and have a tough road .

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    Just playin Vais but I was a surprised a lil as you seemed so big on Caputo earlier in the season. I think it was a good move for you esp being a big Hawk fan.
    Well I was, but look at what has changed since then.. The emergence of John Dergo, Mike Cannon moving up and being a beast, Askren moving down, Kirk Smith being the top ranked guy.

All things that I didn't count on happening at 184. He hasnt really wrestled poorly. He is pretty consistent from where he had been, the field is just too deep for someone of his caliber in my opinion.

He's not goin to win his conference in all likelihood having to weather the field of Cannon, Craig and Bosak.

I can see Caputo pulling a second place and then low AA -depending on the draw .
    He lost to Bosak but that was when he'd had about 5 practices in..e scored well for me last year by getting 3rd and beating the hell out of everyone else -

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    I can see Caputo pulling a second place and then low AA -depending on the draw .
    He lost to Bosak but that was when he'd had about 5 practices in..e scored well for me last year by getting 3rd and beating the hell out of everyone else -
    Yeah Russ you're thinking is kind of what mine is. Best case scenario is conf finals and a low aa. Thats counting on him beating someone who is probably better than him.

3rd..in conference right Russ?