Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Week 11 Scores

Default Re: Week 11 Scores

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    Lewnes has been incredible this year from all positions.

Here are some highlighted results.. All of them are pretty dominant wins (except perhaps Dwyer--I don't know what happened in the match to say, either).

Mack controlled the entire match against Dwyer, who wasn't really a threat at any point.

I really can't imagine anyone "controlling" a match against Mack this year and I have seen many of Mack's matches and a few of Borschel's.

The most impressive thing about Mack's season so far is that he has not been taken down. Let me say that again -- he has given up ZERO offensive points against very good competition.

At the beginning of the season Koll said Mack may not be taken down at all, the entire season. I thought he was crazy. I don't anymore.
    Last edited by gobigred; 01-18-2010 at 04:07 PM.

He hasnt been taken down becuase he hasnt wrestled Jay Borschel.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

I don't even know that Steele should be regarded too high at this point, either. His only quality win is against Josh Arnone.

Steele also beat Zach Rey this weekend 3-2.

herkey herkey herkey...you're a good fan but you have your black and gold glasses on...I love Iowa but I can remove that bias and look at things from other perspectives. If you do that you will come to understand why Mack is the number 1 ranked guy and the favorite at 174 for right now.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I realize he is ranked #1. You just don't want to admit that he is better so you can keep your status as being an "unbias" fan. Well, I'm bias as hell but I also know wrestling and I know that Jay Borschel will beat Mack Lewnes when they meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    I realize he is ranked #1. You just don't want to admit that he is better so you can keep your status as being an "unbias" fan. Well, I'm bias as hell but I also know wrestling and I know that Jay Borschel will beat Mack Lewnes when they meet.
    Not so. I don't make picks to be unbiased, i make them to be right. I feel like I am right about this.

I frequently pick hawks to win when they arent favorites(I've been talking about McD for a good while) I've also been telling a good friend of mine that if Joey Slaton is the man for the hawks come big 10s and ncaas he will have as good a shot as anyone to win it all and that I think he'd beat Hump.

That definitely goes against common perception/knowledge but it's what I think.

And believe me that I will be completely elated if he beats Mack!

I think the Hawks are gonna have national champs at 125, 141, 149, 174 and HWT. Those are unbias picks and I will not back down from that unless Erekson is not totally healthy and Slaton is not our 141 lber.

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    I think the Hawks are gonna have national champs at 125, 141, 149, 174 and HWT. Those are unbias picks and I will not back down from that unless Erekson is not totally healthy and Slaton is not our 141 lber.
    No 165 or 184? And you call yourself a fan...

No 165 or 184? And you call yourself a fan...
    I like dan dennis chances better than 25,74 and heavy