141 Krom maj dec Parks (8-3 me)
    149 Jenkins dec Ruschell (11-3 me) toss up
    157 Deitchler dec Hall (14-3 me) toss up
    165 Schlatter maj dec Brown (18-3 me)
    174 Lewnes dec Perry (18-6 me)
    184 Caputo dec Dergo (18-9 me)
    197 Beatty dec Lapotsky (18-12 me) toss up
    Hvy Ellis dec Bernhow (21-12 me)

I'm sure Vais would score 149 & 157 the other way giving him the win but I could also see Lapotsky beating Beatty as well.

This would be a great dual to watch as @ least 5 of the match ups are ranked within 5 places of each other 18 of 20 wrestlers are in the top 12 in their respective weight classes, (one of those not ranked is Deitchler which i am sure will change very soon).

My line up as 3 NCs, 1 Natl Runner-up & an Olympian in it so I really like my chances.

133, 149. 157. 174, 184, 197 would all be matches I'd pay to see.
    Ok homer, lol.

Love how many of your favorites bonus, yet none of mine do. Lewnes dec. perry? cmon bro. No way does krom major Parks. That match is a coin flip at best. ruschell will have a hard time losing to bubba who is redshirting.. Deitcher would not beat Hall(ask even minny homers) this year.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Default Re: Fantasy Duals

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    Nevada Nutbusters vs VA VVs

125 Escobedo maj dec Martinez (4-0 moi)
    133 Ness dec Fanthorpe (4-3 me)
    141 Krom maj dec Parks (8-3 me)
    149 Jenkins dec Ruschell (11-3 me) toss up
    157 Deitchler dec Hall (14-3 me) toss up
    165 Schlatter maj dec Brown (18-3 me)
    174 Lewnes dec Perry (18-6 me)
    184 Caputo dec Dergo (18-9 me)
    197 Beatty dec Lapotsky (18-12 me) toss up
    Hvy Ellis dec Bernhow (21-12 me)

I'm sure Vais would score 149 & 157 the other way giving him the win but I could also see Lapotsky beating Beatty as well.

This would be a great dual to watch as @ least 5 of the match ups are ranked within 5 places of each other 18 of 20 wrestlers are in the top 12 in their respective weight classes, (one of those not ranked is Deitchler which i am sure will change very soon).

My line up as 3 NCs, 1 Natl Runner-up & an Olympian in it so I really like my chances.

133, 149. 157. 174, 184, 197 would all be matches I'd pay to see.
    These are some of the most ridiculous predictions I have seen in quite a long time...

125: Esco Dec Martinez

Martinez didn't get majored once last year and he wrestled guys like Sanders and Precin, I don't expect him to start giving up bonus points now that he is a year better then his true frosh season.

133: Ness dec Fanthorpe
    This is extremely generous, considering fanthorpe is coming off surgery and isn't even wrestling for the first half of the year, and I think Ness probably would put bonus on him even if he was 100%

141: Krom dec Parks
    A major here is a truly, truly laughable prediction. If anything this will turn out to be a tossup. Last year Krom and Parks met at NCAAs, and Krom edged Jamal in a 3-2 match.

149: Ruschell FFT
    I'm assuming Molinaro is taken, and he will be PSUs 149 pounder this year, as Bubba will RS.

157: Hall dec Deitchler
    Its certainly possible that Deitchler has a breakout season and beats hall, and I definitely think he can give him a good match. But favoring him at this point is ridiculous.

165: Schlatter DEC Brown
    Please... Schlatter majors brown? Trivia question: How many times did Brown get majored last year? 0. How about the year before that? 0.

Oh yeah, plus its Dustin Schlatter he's wrestling

174: Lewnes Maj Perry
    Lewenes should have very little trouble putting bonus on Perry, who gave up bonus repeatedly to top guys like Borschel, Luke, and Heinrich last year

184: Caputo dec Dergo
    So far you are 2 for 8

197: Beatty dec Lapotsky
    Dont think there is any tossup here.. OU sucks at producing results

HVY: Ellis dec Berhow

Now calculate that and that is your real score
    Gold is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post

I win by 10
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

These are some of the most ridiculous predictions I have seen in quite a long time...

Martinez didn't get majored once last year and he wrestled guys like Sanders and Precin, I don't expect him to start giving up bonus points now that he is a year better then his true frosh season.

This is extremely generous, considering fanthorpe is coming off surgery and isn't even wrestling for the first half of the year, and I think Ness probably would put bonus on him even if he was 100%

A major here is a truly, truly laughable prediction. If anything this will turn out to be a tossup. Last year Krom and Parks met at NCAAs, and Krom edged Jamal in a 3-2 match.

I'm assuming Molinaro is taken, and he will be PSUs 149 pounder this year, as Bubba will RS.

Its certainly possible that Deitchler has a breakout season and beats hall, and I definitely think he can give him a good match. But favoring him at this point is ridiculous.

Please... Schlatter majors brown? Trivia question: How many times did Brown get majored last year? 0. How about the year before that? 0.

Lewenes should have very little trouble putting bonus on Perry, who gave up bonus repeatedly to top guys like Borschel, Luke, and Heinrich last year

So far you are 2 for 8

Martinez may not have been majored but I watched Garnett pin him in Vegas .Nothing cheap either ,Garnett just kicked his ass .

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Ok homer, lol.

Love how many of your favorites bonus, yet none of mine do. Lewnes dec. perry? cmon bro. No way does krom major Parks. That match is a coin flip at best. ruschell will have a hard time losing to bubba who is redshirting.. Deitcher would not beat Hall(ask even minny homers) this year.

Even if you take away maj dec to a dec for Krom & give Hall over Deitchler, (which I don't think is happening) that makes it a tie.

Why the question mark re Lewnes vs Perry? Perry has 20 pins & 6 majors in 59 victories over the past 2 years. I think Mack wins but I also think it is one of those match ups where Perry could surprise.

Same with Drego & Caputo or Lapotsky & Beatty.

Bubba has a record of 2-1 vs Palmer in his career. Palmer lost to Rucshell by 1 point. I think Bubba beats Ruschell. Btw the RS hasn't been decided as of yet.

Escobedo & Schlatter would definitely be majors.

5 of those matches are toss ups, 149, 157, 174, 184, 197.

So far you are 2 for 8

Coming from a supposed wrestling expert who didn't know that Edinboro is actually a D2 school, I am not sure how much weight I can put behind anything you say.

I have Molinaro as well so there is NO FFT. Bubba RSing is just a NO DEC @ this point.

Deitchler has been wrestling International competition so you think that he is really a FR? C'mon.

Lapotsky is competing in the far more competitive 197 B12 & is a PA boy who can pin. I don't just give this to Beatty who is actually ranked lower then Lapotsky at this point.

It's still close to a draw @this point.
    Last edited by kr1963; 11-03-2009 at 06:51 PM.

So let me see if I understand your reasoning here...
    Perry has pinned a bunch of scrubs in the past two years, since Indiana wrestles a cupcake schedule. Therefore he is capable of potentially upsetting a top 4 guy, despite the fact that he's been repeatedely hammered by the top guys he's faced over the past years?

I am REALLY curious to hear your justification of Schlatter majoring Brown
    Gold is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    Coming from a supposed wrestling expert who didn't know that Edinboro is actually a D2 school, I am not sure how much weight I can put behind anything you say.
    Yes, I dont live in Pennsylvania and dont know the technical administrative details behind a specific University. Therefore I clearly know nothing about college wrestling.

You are just on a roll today!
    Gold is an idiot.

Yes, I dont live in Pennsylvania and dont know the technical administrative details behind a specific University. Therefore I clearly know nothing about college wrestling.

You are just on a roll today!
    I am sure there are plenty of others enjoying it.

I think it would be just stating the obvious that the majority of your posts are disingenuous, arrogant & any other adjective one could fill in the blanks with, from a common thesaurus.

I have found some of your opinions valueable but I think that is often outweighed by the degree you seem to get some sort of pleasure from belittling people like a small-dicked cyber-bully.

Administrative details? It's a part of the NCAA. It's been that way for 60 years. Sorry you missed it. Glad you admitted that there was something you didn't know. I'll print it off & frame it.

By the way OPINION is defined as:
    personal view: the view somebody takes about an issue, especially when it is based solely on personal judgment

If this is a fantasy thread there is nothing to do with fact as far as outcomes are concerened. All the facts in the world can make you sound like some pundit but obvioulsy this is why we still play the game. As by most of your arguements, Gable would have finished undefeated so why bother wrestling some no name from washington.

Winning & being correct should be self satisfying experiences where one knows that one has set goals for oneself & either achieved them or surpassed them. The pleasure is NOT derived from gloating over your opponent's failure.
    Last edited by kr1963; 11-03-2009 at 06:49 PM. Reason: maybe I was correcting a mistake but no one will ever know now....