Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Team recaps/trash talk

Default Re: Team recaps/trash talk

Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    Thats MR. Burns to you young man

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Mr? I think you and Gage are in the same Science class.
    Creation Science
    Gold is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    Creation Science
    Too funny..
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

125 - Went a little crazy with the CAA. James Nicholson has had 35 or more wins both seasons and wins with bonus points often. He wrestles tons of matches and not quite the toughest schedule in the world. Plus he AAed a couple years of ago. If Nicholson doesn't win the CAA title, Steve Mytych will.

133 - I held off on picking 33 and 65 because of the depth of those classes -- so many guys can win and AA. Grey kind of fell to me and I honestly think he'll be back on the podium. Last year started badly at 141 and then he struggled with weight and consistency. But despite his struggles, he still finished 20-7 (at 133), EIWA runner up (to AA Joe Baker) and R12. All I'm hearing is that he's in good shape weight wise, he's worked much harder in the summer and is the most improved guy on the team. He did have 42 wins (24 bonus) as a frosh AA.

141 - I didn't think one of my #1 ranked guys would still be there when my second pick finally came at the end of the second round, but Nick Gallick was there. I don't think he'll be challenged much in the Big 12 and I like his chances at nationals.

149 - Matt Kyler wrestles and wins a lot of matches and puts a lot of guys on their backs. 40 wins last year, 17 by fall. Also 7 more majors/tech. 149 is one of the deeper weights in the EIWA with Borshoff, Grajales, LeValley and Greenwald, but I like Kyler to get his second AA this year and a lot more pins. Albert White is a really talented guy who will be in a great room. I thought he was worth taking late in the draft.

157 - Jordan Burroughs was a pretty easy pick. With the competition at 157 this year, I expect a lot of bonus point wins here.

165 - Kerber has won everywhere Cornell has put him in the lineup - 74, 84 and 97. I think he'll do really well finally going against guys his own size. I felt a little sick after taking a Lehigh wrestler in Mike Galante. But he has improved a lot year over year and I wanted some insurance in case Kerber has trouble with weight at any point.

174 - Chris Henrich put up 40 wins last year. His only losses were 2 pins to Steve Anceravage and a decision against Steve Luke. The ACC gets tougher with Mike Letts coming off redshirt but his schedule still allows for a lot of wins. Mike Benefiel looked great in his redshirt year at Northwestern. He has a good workout situation and lots of potential. We'll see later whether this was a good pick or not.

184 - Michael Cannon is a two time AA who was dominating last year, winning Midlands (I think) and getting off to a 32-0 start before tearing up his knee at NCAAs. Zack Giesen is coming off his redshirt year after 2 solid seasons at Stanford. After a summer where he finished as runner up at University Nationals and competed in Poland with a bunch of US college stars, he will rack up a lot of wins against Stanford's schedule.

197 - I didn't expect Brandvold to fall to me but I think he's a legit AA contender coming off his redshirt year. He struggled with injuries a bit, but has a great shot at a Big 10 title.

Hwt - Chris Birchler impressed me last year in the postseason tournaments, placing 3rd at EIWAs behind Flores and Zach Rey and then beating Hammond, Monteiro and Tucker Lane at NCAAs. His 2 losses at nationals were both in sudden victory, to Zabriskie and Rosholt. This was all while not doing the typical training of DI wrestling at a program about to leave DI. Now he's at Edinboro and I'm excited to see what he looks like with the extra training and coaching.

I must say, gobigred looks like the team to beat. Excellent drafting, sir!

25 Pataky 30 + winner mid to low AA all his tourney's count
    33 Hochstrasser Sentes Hoch possible champ 35+ winner Sentes 30 winner low AA
    41 Humphrey Probable Champ exiting big point getter
    49 Borschoff 30 match winner outside shot at AA tough conf. though
    57 Nemec, Shuster, Jameson Nemec or Jameson will start actally pulling for Jameson because he goes for broke Shuster led nation in Redshirt wins slight chance of AA with one of these guys but not probable but two will win between 25-30
    65 Alex Meade Tough weight but due to his matches with Howe I see a bright future for him and he will be a suprise in a super tough conference at this weight 25 match winner r of 12
    74 Mike Miller Jeff James Miller past finalist poss champ win 30 matches James great shot at AA in wide open weight will win 25-30
    84 Dustin Kilgore big dissappointment in NCAA last year will rebound win 30+ and High AA 4th or 5th
    97 Richard Starks With Schedule should win 30 outside shot at low AA
    Hwt Jarod Trice Mitch Monteiro Trice will win 25-30 so will Monteiro and both will win there conferences. looking for Monty to AA

Im sensing parity..

Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
    I must say, gobigred looks like the team to beat. Excellent drafting, sir!
    If the rumors being talked about on the other board involving Burroughs going to 165 are true, gobigred may need to shuffle the line up.

I agree though. Nice lookin' team.

Quote Originally Posted by therick View Post
    If the rumors being talked about on the other board involving Burroughs going to 165 are true, gobigred may need to shuffle the line up.

I agree though. Nice lookin' team.
    Just have kerber go down to 57.

He's come this far surely he'd accomodate your fantasy team.