Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Askren downed at WTTs

Default Re: Askren downed at WTTs

Ramico Blackmon
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

I guess we'll be seeing Askren in MMA sooner now.

I doubt that...He would get his ever lovin' ass handed to him in MMA...I will lay money on that. His awkward style might get him some takedowns but the first time he came in and took one on the nose, that would be all she wrote.

The first guy to go toe to toe with him this year in collegiate wrestling (Kish) just put a little muscle to him and kept it close. Could you imagine what someone with some fighting skills and some strength would do to Askren? He better stick with freestyle for now.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

I don't know, Askren's awkward wrestling style might lend itself well to BJJ. Since he's really good with leverage, and BJJ is more about leverage and positioning then its about strength.

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    I doubt that...He would get his ever lovin' ass handed to him in MMA...I will lay money on that. His awkward style might get him some takedowns but the first time he came in and took one on the nose, that would be all she wrote.

The first guy to go toe to toe with him this year in collegiate wrestling (Kish) just put a little muscle to him and kept it close. Could you imagine what someone with some fighting skills and some strength would do to Askren? He better stick with freestyle for now.
    I'm not gonna disagree with you completely, but I bet he could be a pretty nasty submission artist.

Also...take off those gopher colored glasses for a second. Askren dominated Kish, minus the last second takedown. Oh...and they were the same weight class right?
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

Someone has become a big Askren fan as of late.
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

champs right grips, look at the 180.

btw, what makes you think I am a goferphan?
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."