Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 14

Thread: Why folkstyle is so much incredibly better the freestyle.

  1. #1

    Default Why folkstyle is so much incredibly better the freestyle.

    I can actually understand whats going on and who is scoring points, and more importantly why they are scoring them.



    Can one of you international junkies explain to me how Dustin Schlatter lost this freestyle match? Honest question because I dont even understand whats going on, but I get a definite feeling like Dustin got screwed.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0-ZuFT-2Zg
    Gold is an idiot.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Why folkstyle is so much incredibly better the freestyle.

    Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    I can actually understand whats going on and who is scoring points, and more importantly why they are scoring them.



    Can one of you international junkies explain to me how Dustin Schlatter lost this freestyle match? Honest question because I dont even understand whats going on, but I get a definite feeling like Dustin got screwed.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0-ZuFT-2Zg

    I am also confused by both clinches. The first one, i guess the ref gave the point for the push out, but it seemed like he gave it way late. The second one, i guess dustin reacted to quickly. The clinch is too subjective though, and who really can know who is better with a ball grab determining the outcome.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Why folkstyle is so much incredibly better the freestyle.

    http://www.thewrestlingtalk.com/inte...-vs-gavin.html discussion of the match.

    Dustin was penalized for failing to clinch properly, so Gavin was given a point. Either the referees thought Dustin's hands were in the wrong position, or they decided he reacted after the whistle.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Why folkstyle is so much incredibly better the freestyle.

    2nd Period: The ref gave Gavin a point on the push out but the mat judge didn't agree since Dustin was on his knees when he got pushed out and overruled him. They restarted with :22 to go in the TB portion and Gavin got a TD with his high c to win the period 1-0.

    3rd Period: They popped Dustin for lining up improperly in the clinch specifically improper placement of his hands.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Why folkstyle is so much incredibly better the freestyle.

    Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    http://www.thewrestlingtalk.com/inte...-vs-gavin.html discussion of the match.

    Dustin was penalized for failing to clinch properly, so Gavin was given a point. Either the referees thought Dustin's hands were in the wrong position, or they decided he reacted after the whistle.

    Whats wrong with reacting after the whistle? Did you mean before? Or do i really know that little about freestyle, lol.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Why folkstyle is so much incredibly better the freestyle.

    Yup... my mistake. I meant "before the whistle".

  7. #7

    Default Re: Why folkstyle is so much incredibly better the freestyle.

    Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    2nd Period: The ref gave Gavin a point on the push out but the mat judge didn't agree since Dustin was on his knees when he got pushed out and overruled him. They restarted with :22 to go in the TB portion and Gavin got a TD with his high c to win the period 1-0.

    3rd Period: They popped Dustin for lining up improperly in the clinch specifically improper placement of his hands.

    Thanks for clarifying about the 2nd period. It's a crappy way for the match to end, but i guess with freestyle knowing the obscure rules of the clinch are half of the battle, and apparently dustin didnt.

    One other thing I notice about a lot of freestyle matches. Pretty much before every clinch the ref has to stop and talk to one of the guys about doing the position wrong. It happens seemingly every match(the ref stopped the clinch 2 times before hitting DS w/ a penalty point) at what point do they stop stopping the clinch and just give a point away?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Why folkstyle is so much incredibly better the freestyle.

    Twice.

    You falsestart twice like Dustin did in the third, and your opponent is awarded the period.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Why folkstyle is so much incredibly better the freestyle.

    I guess at that point it's worth the risk since you're basically dead if he gets your leg. Maybe you roll the dice and hope you time it just right.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •