Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why folkstyle is so much incredibly better the freestyle.

Default Re: Why folkstyle is so much incredibly better the freestyle.

So you say freestyle scoring is confusing yet people still can't figure out what the hell riding time is or how to properly call stalling.
    Oregon Wrestling Forum www.theowf.net/the_owf

Don't you know who I am? I'm the JUGGERNAUT BIATCH!!

Quote Originally Posted by wrastler118 View Post
    So you say freestyle scoring is confusing yet people still can't figure out what the hell riding time is or how to properly call stalling.
    The reason people cant agree on stalling is because its a completely subjective and opinion based action with no specific criterion.

As far as not understanding riding time, I guarentee that if you gave me any joe-sixpack off the streets I could explain it to him in about 2 minutes tops.

On the other hand, I am about as die-hard of a wrestling fan as you can get (not joe sixpack), and I am quite frequently confused about the score in a freestyle match.
    Gold is an idiot.

Freestyle is extremely simple. TD's are a pt. Don't go to your back or you get scored on. Don't step out or its a pt. Scores tied, there are tie breakers in place. Score is 0-0, then clinch. There, I'm done.

Folk, I could spend hours explaining to joe-sixpack and he'd go watch a match and still be scratching his head. Especially after seeing the guys on top dry hump the bottom guy, do nothing and somehow get a pt or when they see the guys flopping around on their backs, back and forth and get nothing out of it. Or hang on to a toe while laying on their back and somehow not get scored on.
    Oregon Wrestling Forum www.theowf.net/the_owf

Don't you know who I am? I'm the JUGGERNAUT BIATCH!!

Quote Originally Posted by wrastler118 View Post
    Freestyle is extremely simple. TD's are a pt. Don't go to your back or you get scored on. Don't step out or its a pt. Scores tied, there are tie breakers in place. Score is 0-0, then clinch. There, I'm done.

Folk, I could spend hours explaining to joe-sixpack and he'd go watch a match and still be scratching his head. Especially after seeing the guys on top dry hump the bottom guy, do nothing and somehow get a pt or when they see the guys flopping around on their backs, back and forth and get nothing out of it. Or hang on to a toe while laying on their back and somehow not get scored on.

I think there's a lot more to freestyle than you put there. Talk about the clinch a bit more and the exact placement and where the guy attacking has to be and the guy who is getting his legs attack needs to be, hand position, when you can move. The push out rule. These are things that confused me JUST in DS's match.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

The whole tiebreaking process is the worst part of the new international rules...tie goes to the last person who scored, and the clinch is even worse. It is embarassing to watch. I have posted this before, Why not let tied periods stay tied and then only use a tie breaking if there is still a tie after three periods. which will only happen if all three periods are tied or each wrestler won one, lsot one, and had a tie.

I do like the exposure points and push-out rules better and definitely think some type of out of bounds penalty should be adapterd for folkstyle.