Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sanderson?s departure ups the ante for everyone

Default Re: Sanderson?s departure ups the ante for everyone

East Stroudsburg is in the EIWA, but they are also a PSAC school and are dropping to DII next year.
    Champions are made while no one is watching.

I can't see CS hurting the recruiting of smaller schools too terribly much. Schools like Millersville, Bloomsburg, Clarion have not made it by getting the top caliber recruits year in and year out. They have taken advantage of PA's overall depth and recruited the 4-8 place state finishers, and state qualifiers to remain competitive. While many may want to wrestle for Cael, I would imagine most can remain realistic in their expectations. Knowing they may never see the mat at PSU may drive them to wrestle for the Clarions, and Millersville's of the world... IMO

So you're saying that none of these schools in the area don't have airports close by? Don't airports have airplanes that fly anywhere? It's all about where you want to compete. PSU has a coach with a name, it will probably help, but ISU has the tradition. We will see who does better. But I guess you know who I like. The sky is blue, water is wet, hawks suck, and life goes on.
    A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position. A straw man argument can be a successful rhetorical technique (that is, it may succeed in persuading people) but it carries little or no real evidential weight, because the opponent's actual argument has not been refuted.

Quote Originally Posted by sentry456 View Post
    I can't see CS hurting the recruiting of smaller schools too terribly much. Schools like Millersville, Bloomsburg, Clarion have not made it by getting the top caliber recruits year in and year out. They have taken advantage of PA's overall depth and recruited the 4-8 place state finishers, and state qualifiers to remain competitive. While many may want to wrestle for Cael, I would imagine most can remain realistic in their expectations. Knowing they may never see the mat at PSU may drive them to wrestle for the Clarions, and Millersville's of the world... IMO
    Millersville has never been real competitive that I know. Clarion has been way off in the last years. I don't know much about Bloomsburg.

Ok so I was a little off my rocker with the competitive statement, however in the Title IX days where schools are cutting there programs all together, at least they are hanging around, and they win some matches, maybe against D3 schools but they win... sometimes....

Quote Originally Posted by Wiltz View Post
    Look at the big brain on Tammy!

I should have remembered Bucknell and F&M as well.

I'm not as familiar with Millersville, Duquesne and East Strodsburg.
    Wiltz, Are you to young to remember Jack Cuvo?
    2x or 3x Champ from ESU in the early 1990's. Absolutely fantastic to watch. a takedown machine.

For some reason I think most of the posters are around the same age as me.

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    Millersville has never been real competitive that I know. Clarion has been way off in the last years. I don't know much about Bloomsburg.
    Watch out for Coach Stutzman and Bloomsburg. they are waiting and getting better. they challenged last year and keep getting better. The battle they had with Pitt for the last several years has been great athletic theatre. At some point it does become about winning and losing but along the way must we forget the journey? If every one of the schools at Div 1 had equal resources would we be even talking about this? Clarion has had some sparks of greatness. Coach Bob Bubb who continues to lead the NCAA in many capacities, Wade, need i say more, Kurt Angle for goodness sake. Say it with me "Gold Medal". Coach Moore is doing more with less than the average. I'm just saying we can continue to pick apart every program, every wrestler, every coach? Yet we must, for humanities sake stop and give some credit, for at the end of the day the real measure of the man is in the effort he put forth as well as the end result.

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    Wiltz, Are you to young to remember Jack Cuvo?
    2x or 3x Champ from ESU in the early 1990's. Absolutely fantastic to watch. a takedown machine.

For some reason I think most of the posters are around the same age as me.
    The name is rings a bell. The early 1990's I was in college.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference