Thread: Changing Weights

Default Changing Weights

So who's moving up or down this off-season?

Some things that stuck out to me from University Nationals:
    Jimmy Kennedy at 145.5 lbs
    Brandon Rader at 154 lbs
    Reece Humphrey at 138.75 (taking over 141?)
    Mike Thorn at 138.75

Default Re: Changing Weights

Humphrey stated on Flowrestling that he is wrestling 141 next year.
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

Why is thorn at 138 surprising? he is a 141 pounder.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Kennedy move up he has put on a lot of mass in the last two years.
    Gold is an idiot.

Since there was a 138.75 weight, you have to assume that Kennedy won't be at 133 next year. Is it a night before weigh in?

Jordan Blanton at 174lbs again, I figured he was small at 184 this year.

Watch out for Neil Erisman at 74kg, he was a heck of a freestyle wrestler in high school. Unstoppable trapped-arm gut wrench...
    Last edited by Gantry; 04-23-2009 at 09:38 PM.

Also surprised to see Clayton Foster at 211 - people keep saying how he doesn't cut weight, plus OSU has the foreign guy coming in at 197 and he'll be at 184. You figure if he was that small he'd be at 84kg here...

Kennedy could be at 145 because he wants to wrestle at an Olympic weight and doesn't want to make 132.

Yes it is night before weigh-ins.
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

Mack Lewnes at 84 kg surprises me. Most Cornell fans I know expected him to stay at 165 next year, with Kerber and Simaz moving down to 174 and 184 and Arnone, returning from 2 yrs of injury, taking over 197. But, maybe Kerber and Simaz will stay at 184 and 197 and Lewnes will go up to 174. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ Kind View Post
    Kennedy could be at 145 because he wants to wrestle at an Olympic weight and doesn't want to make 132.

Yes it is night before weigh-ins.
    If he doesnt want to make 132 with day before weigh-ins then its doubtful he will want to make 133 early on a thursday/friday morning.
    Gold is an idiot.