Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A wrestling fan in Indiana

Default A wrestling fan in Indiana

Being a wrestling fan in Indiana is really strange -I love living here but during the nationals our paper covered it nada save one paragraph about Angel winning . The High schools used to cover the individual duals with the score and individual results of each wt. class Now the only events covered are results of sectionals ,regionals , etc. Even the IDS-Indiana daily student -doesn't cover wrestling .
    That is why I'd like to thank you for this site -actual human beings who know what they are talking about when it comes to wrestling .

Angel could transfer from IU and the only place I'd read about it would be here .

Thanks for the effort you put in

Default Re: A wrestling fan in Indiana

I'm one of those technical jerks that can stand pronunciations that are incorrect. Not sure if you know or not, but is his name pronounced using the Spanish pronunciation of it ("On-hell")? EVERY announcer always calls him "Angel," as in our English pronunciation of it.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

I can't stand it when the ESPN announcers screw up his last name.

Its Esco-BEEEEE-doe

Not Esco-BAY-doe
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ Kind View Post
    I can't stand it when the ESPN announcers screw up his last name.

Its Esco-BEEEEE-doe

Not Esco-BAY-doe
    Well, that goes with the English or Spanish pronounciation, too. The Escobedo family that I know pronounces it Esco-bay-doe.

I kid you not, I've actually heard it announced "Escobo" before. In my own mind, it's so bad that I've actually come to call him that ever since hearing it!

It was always pronounce BEE at the Indiana state finals, so I guess if they were pronouncing it wrong there someone would have said something.
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

What about the first name pronunciation?

Ain-gel never have they pronounced it on-hell

I would think Esco-BAY-doe is the proper way to say it, but I can certainly be wrong...