Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Matt Demaray NCAA Finals Videos

Default Re: Matt Demaray NCAA Finals Videos

Did a search on Brian Kemp and didn't see anything about him being deceased so until I know more, I will hope that is just a horrible rumor. I did find out that he was 103-25 as a wrestler at Apple Valley which isn't too bad considering he started wrestling varsity as an 8th grader and probably took at least 15 of those losses in his 8th grade and freshmen seasons.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Curious to know more about Demaray. 2x champ, impressive. What was the general thinking around his style? Success after school?

Quite honestly, I found his style extremely technical and almost boring. If you watched tape on him for 3 matches, you didn't need to watch much more as he didn't show you too much different in all of his matches. He was just going to beat you on his feet, outwork you for seven minutes and give you nothing.

Thats what I recall from my two years in the room.

I am sure I am oversimplifying it though. Another thing; in the two years I was in the room, I never saw him taken down. Unbelievable.
    Last edited by goferphan; 04-12-2008 at 08:11 PM.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by knuckles View Post
    Curious to know more about Demaray. 2x champ, impressive. What was the general thinking around his style? Success after school?
    He was on Foxcatcher and won some US National titles; very talented.

On Joey: From what I heard he became separated from his Jet ski on crystal lake and some kids found him- he was out for a while but recovered completely.

I'm not sure about the story surrounding Jones and Simley.